IGNORED

The Muncks have come full circle

16strong

I know we recently had a thread about Mama Munck's message to Steve, but going through their blog, it got me wondering, how fundie is the family now?

I looked back through the old '08 pictures (before their descent into Maxhell), and it made me extremely sad. The girls wore jeans, shorts, and yoga pants, and seemed to have some semblance of a life. It hurts me to know that all of that got ripped away from them and maybe they'll never have it again. I also looked on one of the girls' old blogs and she wrote about discipline being needed and how she didn't understand why she was being punished so much, but then she found a highlighted verse in her bible and took that to mean that she needed it/it was the will of God. What teenager writes about that? Maybe the Muncks are not as nice as they appear?

And will the older girls ever wear pants or shorts again (outside of the family business)? If they wanted to go to college, would they be allowed? What if they didn't want to have 10 kids? Would Mama and Daddy Munck ostracize them? I know the little girls wear pants sometimes, but is wearing pants all the time discouraged? Do they do 'biblical' punishment, a la TTUAC? Are they living on the farmstead to keep the older ones more isolated? Maybe nobody knows, but I'm curious about what everyone here thinks.

• 5 weeks later...

Rebekah bought a new car with her own money and posed for pictures beside it wearing a pair of jeans. Eat it, Maxwells! :nenner:

walkingajourney.com/2014/11/a-new-ride.html

Fyi she has a public instagram: bekahmunck

The other Muncks are private.

Very happy the family is encouraging their daughters to have some independence and choices.

Sweet! not just a car, a 4x4 Land Rover with the window roof. Dream vehicle :romance-heartsfade:

Now if she's going to medical school that would be living the dream

Don't get married until you want to, Rebekah! Stay free and be your own person. 8-)

I get a 404 not found when trying to access the Munck blog.

Same thing when using a proxy server, too.

:(

It's on their new blog Walking the Journey

I get a 404 not found when trying to access the Munck blog.

Same thing when using a proxy server, too.

:(

Add www. first

Add www. first

I did that first thing...why it didn't work is beyond me. Eventually I googled Munck blog and got to it by clicking on the google link. It's a mystery.

Is Lord of the Rings fundie accepted?

They did a Hobbit theme party, so I assume they are allowed to read the book&watch the film.

Yes... far, far from Maxwell life.

The latest posts show all the girls wearing various styles of pants/capris and Elizabeth has short(er) hair. The family looks comfortable and happy.

The farmhouse looks great. If I homeschooled and didn't have to be so close to a hospital, I would love land and a house like that. Papa Munck has some great home remodel skills. So another win for the Munck's over the Maxwells.

I am curious as the middle boys are growing up, what they will do, college? work? I believe they have a son that is 18 now.

Wow, they all look very happy in the recent posts. I've given it some thought, and I'm actually very glad that they didn't hop straight into bed with more secular beliefs after the Maxwell debacle. Too often we see fundie families hopping from one set of extremist beliefs to another, wanting a very black-and-white framework for their lives, but I don't think constant sudden change is at all good for kids.

The Muncks seem like they have spent a lot of time reassessing things and figuring out what they believe and why it is or is not good for their family. I like that kind of conscientious thinking, and they seem to really want what's best for their kids.

I do hope that they encourage their kids to pursue post-secondary education, though. I hope they know that if their kids have a good spiritual foundation, college won't change that. I had many conservative friends at my very liberal university. They never felt the need to compromise what they believed just because they were around others who believed differently.

Pants galore! Liz and the little girls in pants, Becca in capris, a teen boy in shorts! :shock: :cracking-up:

They also say they hope to move into their house by Christmas. I thought they were in their new house. :think: Where have they been living???

Wow, and she has a blog post suggesting everyone go watch The Wizard of Oz! It just can't be said enough that Elizabeth dodged the world's largest bullet!

Makes me wonder how much Elizabeth's courtship with the Maxwells led to the Munck's change of heart. Perhaps getting to know the Maxwells' craziness was a wake-up call to the parents that they were falling into the rabbit hole....

Archived