IGNORED

Ernest Angley: abortions, vasectomies, "anointing" MERGE

Queen Of Hearts

I was SO excited when I saw this on FB the other day! Burn Ernest! I'd still like to gate crash one day. And go to snark at the Cathedral Buffet.

(And seriously, is he embalmed? I told my headship when we were talking about this that he's looked the same since we were kids. I was actually kind of shocked he's 92, but I guess it makes sense.)

I was SO excited when I saw this on FB the other day! Burn Ernest! I'd still like to gate crash one day. And go to snark at the Cathedral Buffet.

if i was still in the area, i'd go with you!

if i was still in the area, i'd go with you!

I'd go to the Cathedral Buffet for snark purposes, but not so sure I could bring myself to step foot inside the Grace Cathedral. That place just seems evil to me.

I'd go to the Cathedral Buffet for snark purposes, but not so sure I could bring myself to step foot inside the Grace Cathedral. That place just seems evil to me.

i spent so much time in churches when i was younger, though i'm sure i would have flashbacks like a motherfucker, i could probably sit in the way back and be okay. if i'm close to a door and can run, that would likely ease my mind enough. and if it starts to disturb me too much, there's not much an usher will say to "i have the runs" ;) (of course, they won't know that the "runs" in this case refers to "i need to run away from this place" rather than diarrhea, but what they won't know won't hurt them).

If anyone who doesn't live in Ohio wants to get a glimpse of the crazy, you can watch it online! Angley is creepy and worth taking a few minutes to observe, but equally creepy is that Angley's mini-me Rev. Chris Machamer has somehow copied Angley's strange way of speaking.

ernestangley.org/watch/eah

Angley starts speaking at 12:42

Mom and I would sometimes watch his Sunday morning program for the shits-and-giggles factor. When we found out that his crusade was coming to Rochester, she even said, "Maybe we should bring Grandma(who was in a wheelchair from polio)". We didn't.

We should have an FJ Cathedral Buffet meetup! lol My friend and I have been talking about gate crashing Grace Cathedral for years. We were OH so close the one time we went to Stitch, Piece, and Purl!

We should have an FJ Cathedral Buffet meetup! lol My friend and I have been talking about gate crashing Grace Cathedral for years. We were OH so close the one time we went to Stitch, Piece, and Purl!

I'm game! :)

Incidentally, if anyone is waiting for parts 5 and 6 of the expose' on 'ole Ernest, the paper is making us wait until Saturday and Sunday. Between this series and the Ebola in Akron scare, the local media is going nuts!

My family used to watch him for laughs, too. I didn't know he was so old, though. I can't believe the power he has over his congregation.

Was he the one with the scandal when his workers were expected to "donate" their time and not get paid?

My family used to watch him for laughs, too. I didn't know he was so old, though. I can't believe the power he has over his congregation.

Was he the one with the scandal when his workers were expected to "donate" their time and not get paid?

Yes, that is the one. He got in trouble with the Feds for having "volunteers" at his for-profit restaurant, The Cathedral Buffet. And the ad for the story the paper the story is publishing on Sunday makes it sound like he might be up to the same shenanigans, again. Stay tuned!

If we ever have a FJ meetup at the Cathedral Buffet, I suggest none of us order the Kool-Aid. Ernest says the end is near! Oh, and he does still use volunteer slave labor at the Cathedral Buffet but that is okay because people want to work for the Lord.

Part 6 (final) is here: http://www.ohio.com/news/local/ernest-a ... p-1.533069

Remember, if you get a message that you have used up all your free views with the paper, just clear your cache/histories and you can keep reading. :)

Archived