IGNORED

Answer to what I've always wondered about homebirth

clarinetpower

Someone should send this link to the Duggars. They could "encourage" the next kid who courts to buy it and save the difference, and get their quiver started on it.

I didn't have a home birth but I did have a birth center birth and it wasn't that messy. They had a trail of those puppy training pee pads (whatever those are called) all over the room and bathroom and on the bed so after Jude came out they wrapped him in a blanket, picked up all the pads, I laid down on a fresh pad, and that was it.

That is just awful. What makes trying to sell a blood stained bed even work in their mind? Just because it was blood from birth? Is birth blood less disgusting than other blood? Is it special because it is from birth?

People will always make me stand in shock and not in a good way.

I planned a home birth - I had to transfer to the hospital, so I didn't actually use anything, but I was all set up to birth at home. I made my bed up the way I normally do, and then I put a sheet of plastic over it, and tucked it all in like another sheet. Then, I made the bed up again, but with old sheets I didn't care about. That way, after the birth was done, we could have just stripped the bed and had our own regular bed all ready underneath. We still had lots of those blue chux pads, so I used those too. As soon as one gets wet or gross you chuck it and get a new one - I just don't get how someone planning a home birth got blood all over the bed. You know there's going to be some blood.

As to mess in the house due to homebirth, my midwives and doula would have cleaned it all up before they left. As a doula myself, when I've gone to home births, I've always made sure dishes were washed, things swept up and laundry in the machine before I leave.

Archived