IGNORED

Jana Duggar Articles

BeccaGrim

Kudos to Michelle for being able to get that weight off. She really yo-yos, even in the past few years when she's not been PG, and for a person nearing 50s, it's hard to keep getting it to come off.

Too bad her older sons and hubs do not get the message.

I figured I would pop this on the website since FJ is mentioned, and it DOES bring up some interesting points. What's happened to Jana? My thinking is that she is just private, like John David (he's her twin, right? I can't remember..).

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2014/10/jana-duggar-planning-to-break-away-from-famous-family/

This just popped up on my facebook so not sure if anyone has put it up already. Feel free to take this down if this is old news :)

What a little spiral that is! We randomly speculate here. Some " journalist" uses that as the basis for a story, which then encourages us to engage in more speculation based on the article confirming the speculation.....round and round.

What a weird "article". I left it just hoping Jana doesn't get in trouble.

I love discussing the potential of fundie kids to escape, but I also hate that it has the potential to get them in trouble and make their living situations even worse.

Poor Jana - she's trapped because her parents are lazy and like to free up as much time as possible for sex. Also Gothardism bullies you into being happily complacent all of the time, so poor girl doesn't really have a choice!

So this article is basically what we do here- speculate, though I think we have a decent amount of information to inform our thoughts. The comment section is pretty interesting.

Free yourself, Jana!

I'm popping my "poster virginity" - I've been lurking for months...

l

Speculation about Jana is all over the internet tonight! I think all the attention coming down on the Duggars due to Jill/Jessa is starting to backfire and I predict a shakedown within a few months. They are everywhere in the blogoverse and people who never heard of them before are paying attention. Snark is everywhere...I'm sadistically loving it. Though I wonder if the kids feel attacked or vindicated. What do you think? Do you think the kids will use this explosion of information about their lifestyle will make them take an honest look into the true nature of their indoctrination or do you think they will feel attacked and run for cover under mommy and daddys' coat? Thought...

Apologies for my horrible grammer and lack of proofreading...I guess I was excited and the words spilled out too fast

I predict a courtship announcement any day now for spin control.

The paid rebuttal from the Duggars is in, and we get a mention:

http://okmagazine.com/photos/jana-dugga ... 001134824/

If any thing that article made me feel more sorry for her when it listed how important she is in the house. It's not her job to take care of the house like a parent should. But I wonder if they will try and get her and JD to court at the same time. It seems like something tlc would like because "wow twins courting...at the same time!!"

At FJ it is openly speculation and snark. Nobody here is pretending to be a legitimate journalist or reporting on verified facts other than those TLC and the Duggars themselves release to the public.

Since many FJer's find the Duggars beliefs and actions toxic and crazy making our speculation and hoping ANY of the Duggar children or kids from other fundie families break free boils down to wishing they would eventually find a way to build less restrictive and limited lives. That doesn't translate to, "Hey, Jana is going to break away from her family any moment now."

Whatever happens with Jana publicly or privately what I most wish for her is that she is happy, healthy and creates the life SHE wants. We honestly have no idea what that may or may not look like since none of us are inside her head.

9 Things Jana Does....

1. Doula not midwife?

2. Experienced firefighter - that's not correct

3. Traveled the world doing charity work - some "missionary" work in South America with her family (questionable at best), don't know about that mission trip she did where no cameras ventured along, and how does this count as doing something for her family anyway?

4. Rock at home - probably truest of all

5. Cooking - is that even Jana? It looks more like Jill but I'm sure Jana does plenty of cooking

6. Sewing - she doesn't make the family's clothes, that's alterations for Jill's wedding

That's only six things Jana does and maybe two are accurate. Sure, she does some sewing but she's not a midwife (I think) and she's sure not an experienced firefighter. Her family's missionary work is a joke but that trip she took without cameras might have been for realz.

I am speculating that Jana is overworked at home and on top of that she is probably the "supervising" J'slave/sister mom. Her quiet nature may cause her to be overlooked and put on tomorrow's back burner. She deserves a nice life of her own choosing. Maybe with all of the recent reporting from the media she will finally garner a little attention for herself and a door or two will open for her.

JD has been hounded a lot this year on the show about courting and now all of these articles about Jana are cropping up. I look for both have at least "special friends" soon just to help kill the bad press. Even if the friends don't lead to full courtships at least they can say "Well they are looking, God just hasn't brought the right person"

JD has been hounded a lot this year on the show about courting and now all of these articles about Jana are cropping up. I look for both have at least "special friends" soon just to help kill the bad press. Even if the friends don't lead to full courtships at least they can say "Well they are looking, God just hasn't brought the right person"

JB: "Well they are looking, God just hasn't brought the right person" translates to: "No way are Michelle and I going to take over the parenting, so Jana must stay; we like our special time together."

JB: "Well they are looking, God just hasn't brought the right person" translates to: "No way are Michelle and I going to take over the parenting, so Jana must stay; we like our special time together."

Exactly! I so hope the inside source for the Cinder-duggar is grandma.

Exactly! I so hope the inside source for the Cinder-duggar is grandma.

Poor Grandma! I wish she'd tell her son to grow up and tell him he married a loony!

Not likely to happen, but we can hope...

I hope Jana escapes and takes the lost girls with her.

My first post!

If she takes the lost girls with her, it seems like that would keep her in the same position of responsibility to her siblings that she'd be escaping from.

Maybe she could "save" them when they're grown up and she's established in her life. Wishful thinking.

Archived