IGNORED

Robertsons rear their telegenic-but-ugly heads on DWTS

MamaJunebug

Sadie Robertson, granddaughter of Phil "Homosexuality breeds bestiality" Robertson and daughter of media mastermind Willie Robertson, is a contestant on Dancing With The Stars this season. I tuned in just as the judges were falling over themselves to compliment her "star turns." She - and the family members in the audience - were giving those fakey-wholesome, toothy, dimpled grins.

It was a trainwreck and I couldn't look away, which is why I heard her pro-dancer partner aver that Daddy Willie approved of the costume Sadie was wearing, and that "Willie's going to have final approval on all of Sadie's costumes!"

Gag, retch, ptui.

I tuned away and then back again in time to see Alfonso Ribeiro absolutely KILL it in a shag-style number that was incredible for any dancer, much less an amateur whose previous claim to fame was "the Carlton" on "Fresh Prince."

The camera cut to Sadie, whose expression was not so happy-fun-dimply smiling anymore! Ha! Hey, I'm as competitive as anyone else, but I would *love* to see the Robertsons passed over. Sadie's papa-appwoved costumes and all.

BTW, and this is a really ratty thing to say, but Willie and Blondie-wife's adopted son sure does favor the Robertsons, facially. I am all for adoption and only want to say that I don't think the addition of that child to the family was just happenstance. I say the little guy is a natural-born member of the family, and Willie and Blondie had the re$ource$ to get him out of the legal system and into the family.

Which is really neither here nor there. Family *should* take care of family. It's just that as with everything about the Robertsons except for their duck calls, nothing's as it appears, nothing's truly spontaneous.

Robertsons, GOMTV.

:shock: I read the title of this thread and thought of Pat Robertson instead of Duck Dynasty. :laughing-rolling:

Alfonso Ribeiro trained heavily in dance before and during his child star years (he got consistent guest roles on TV long before his Carlton gig). So he does have an advantage over his competition.

As for Sadie, meh. I'll tune in when they give a shot to Sig Hansen from "The Deadliest Catch". :D

Related to this conversation... Alfonso Ribeiro dancing with Michael Jackson in an early 80's Pepsi commercial!

(I don't have to break this link, right? It is my first time posting a link.)

Alfonso Ribeiro trained heavily in dance before and during his child star years (he got consistent guest roles on TV long before his Carlton gig). So he does have an advantage over his competition.

As for Sadie, meh. I'll tune in when they give a shot to Sig Hansen from "The Deadliest Catch". :D

I wondered about the Alfonso thing--I thought they only allowed amateur dancers. Maybe it's been so long since he danced professionally that they think it would be a fair enough contest? I hardly ever get to watch DWTS, so I'm not super clear on the rules.

I watched the show and it should be noted that Grandpa Phil wasn't at the show. Sadie's outfit was awful. She got good scores from judges, but at this point it is up to voters. There are several contestants that are more well known than Sadie. Let's not forget that many people in LGBT community aren't going to forget what Phil said. Also some Southern fans of Duck Dynasty were pissed when they found out about Jep, Jase, and Willie being preppies who only grew the beards for the show. Maybe Sadie will get support from fundie lite and evangelical types. I hope she doesn't last as long as Bristol Palin did a few years back.

Those beards are the result of years of beard growing.... not weeks. I believe they've had them for quite some time. All the photos of the boys sans beards are high school/ college.

I watched because I'm all about some Carlton dancing. And he was AWESOME.

I won't snark Sadie though - she's 17 years old, and honestly, she hasn't been nearly as obnoxious as her father/uncles/grandparents. I can understand a dad not wanting his 17 year old kid pimped out on television dressed like a hoochie. I have a 15 year old granddaughter who I constantly wish would PUT ON MORE CLOTHES.

I have a strong dislike of the senior Robertsons; but I had to hand it to Willie last night who had to turn away when the cameras panned to him and he was in tears after Sadie danced.

And for fans of Duck Dynasty (those that are left), Sadie is big. She's bigger than some of the folks they have on. I mean, who is the YouTube girl? And I think it awesome they have Tavis Smiley, Super Liberal on a show with Sadie Robertson - whose family is ultraconservatie.

I'm drawn to DWTS this season for three reasons: Alfonso Ribero (who admited that the videos of him dancing as a child were in many cases his brothers); Antonio Sabato Jr. who I still see as Jagger from General Hospital; and Tommy Chong. Because Tommy Chong.

Sadie actually did a good job with her routine. Her placement was dead on for her dance, and her extensions were elegant. Betsy Johnson was a train wreck.

If Sadie needed her father there as an endorsement to show fans that she was the daughter of a known celebrity, then she shouldn't have been on the show. It's called Dancing with the Stars, not Dancing with the Children of the Stars.

I'm familiar with Duck Dynasty, but if I watched the DWTS episode without Willie on the set, I wouldn't have had a clue who she was.

If Sadie needed her father there as an endorsement to show fans that she was the daughter of a known celebrity, then she shouldn't have been on the show. It's called Dancing with the Stars, not Dancing with the Children of the Stars.

I'm familiar with Duck Dynasty, but if I watched the DWTS episode without Willie on the set, I wouldn't have had a clue who she was.

I honestly can't say that he was there to SHOW who his daughter was, or to just cheer her on. Everyone's family was in attendance.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about the snark, but I don't think SHE should be snarked for being on the show when they have a freaking YouTube star who gives out baking and beauty tips. That's ALL ABC.

I'm fairly positive dear Daddy was scratching his nose and they tried to make us think he was tearing up. His hand didn't go near his eye and his eyes looked dry to me.

I can't stand the Duck people but they're not going to ruin my guilty pleasure show (Where else can you see Tommy Chong groove to "Drop it Like it's Hot?"). Plus, being exposed to so many people you wouldn't find down in whatever swamp Sadie lives in can only be good for her. It may really open her eyes beyond the bigotry she's been raised in.

ETA: Plus she danced a million times better in her first number than Bristol ever dreamed of in 2 seasons, so it will be slightly less annoying if she goes far.

Oh, okay. I didn't know anything about the YouTube star, I don't really follow DWTS much. I actually didn't know it was common to have families in attendance, it just seemed odd to me that Sadie was there.

As my dog is my witness, I thought Sadie was 18.

It's the hypocrisy that I see with the Robertsons that bugs me totally.

One of the episodes, when I still looked at the show, centered around her choice of dresses for homecoming. Willie nixed every dress she tried on (in a continuous display of her cute little self in a dozen or so frocks) and eventually okayed the first one. Meanwhile, Uncle Si - the fool in the Robertsons' court - had been loitering at the dress shop and told Willie, "Look, you raised her right and she's going to make good choices."

How did Willie, son of Phil The Patriarch, respond to his elder? Did he say, "Gosh, Si, thanks, that's a vote of confidence in both myself and my daughter."?

He did not. He screwed his face into a constipated sneer and snotted, "Shut UP, Si."

It wasn't random that Sadie's professional partner made a point that SAdie's father would be vetting the dresses for modesty, etc. It's all part of the Robertson script, also known as, "the only real Christian is a conservative Christian."

They make me mad.

Sadie Robertson, granddaughter of Phil "Homosexuality breeds bestiality" Robertson and daughter of media mastermind Willie Robertson, is a contestant on Dancing With The Stars this season. I tuned in just as the judges were falling over themselves to compliment her "star turns." She - and the family members in the audience - were giving those fakey-wholesome, toothy, dimpled grins.

It was a trainwreck and I couldn't look away, which is why I heard her pro-dancer partner aver that Daddy Willie approved of the costume Sadie was wearing, and that "Willie's going to have final approval on all of Sadie's costumes!"

Gag, retch, ptui.

I tuned away and then back again in time to see Alfonso Ribeiro absolutely KILL it in a shag-style number that was incredible for any dancer, much less an amateur whose previous claim to fame was "the Carlton" on "Fresh Prince."

The camera cut to Sadie, whose expression was not so happy-fun-dimply smiling anymore! Ha! Hey, I'm as competitive as anyone else, but I would *love* to see the Robertsons passed over. Sadie's papa-appwoved costumes and all.

BTW, and this is a really ratty thing to say, but Willie and Blondie-wife's adopted son sure does favor the Robertsons, facially. I am all for adoption and only want to say that I don't think the addition of that child to the family was just happenstance. I say the little guy is a natural-born member of the family, and Willie and Blondie had the re$ource$ to get him out of the legal system and into the family.

Which is really neither here nor there. Family *should* take care of family. It's just that as with everything about the Robertsons except for their duck calls, nothing's as it appears, nothing's truly spontaneous.

Robertsons, GOMTV.

I loved Almonzo on "Silver Spoons" in the 80's. He could dance his ass off and did Michael Jackson's moves almost as good as Michael. If he doesn't win I'll be stunned.

Eta Someday I'll learn to read all the comments before I post.

As my dog is my witness, I thought Sadie was 18.

It's the hypocrisy that I see with the Robertsons that bugs me totally.

One of the episodes, when I still looked at the show, centered around her choice of dresses for homecoming. Willie nixed every dress she tried on (in a continuous display of her cute little self in a dozen or so frocks) and eventually okayed the first one. Meanwhile, Uncle Si - the fool in the Robertsons' court - had been loitering at the dress shop and told Willie, "Look, you raised her right and she's going to make good choices."

How did Willie, son of Phil The Patriarch, respond to his elder? Did he say, "Gosh, Si, thanks, that's a vote of confidence in both myself and my daughter."?

He did not. He screwed his face into a constipated sneer and snotted, "Shut UP, Si."

It wasn't random that Sadie's professional partner made a point that SAdie's father would be vetting the dresses for modesty, etc. It's all part of the Robertson script, also known as, "the only real Christian is a conservative Christian."

They make me mad.

I think you nailed it with the observation that she was displaying her cute little self while trying on all those dresses. I'm sure the costume approval on DWTS has more to do with drawing in people to see that she's hot-- and therefore to watch the show-- than with any moral concerns. I was watching some other train wreck TLC or Lifetime show today that had the same theme. A beauty pageant coach who was fretting over whether she would let the younger teens do the swim suit portion, because she didn't think they were mature enough. But of course all the agonizing over the decision was accompanied by many shots of 13 year olds in very revealing bathing suits.

" hey is this too much cleavage on my nubile teen daughter? Let's zoom in for a closer look, just to make sure it's not too much cleavage"

Same here!

me too! :D Just the thought.

Who is she? And why is an unknown 17 yo on dwts? Is called Stars for a reason.

yes lol But it's almost like a has-been "star" show. It could be called Dancing with the Stars Grasping at Straws.

eta: wth? Tavis Smiley and Lea Thompson? nope, i don't need to see that :lol: i respect Tavis too much, and i don't want to ruin my '80's guilty pleasure movies. :lol:

Just another kid taking advantage of fame that someone else made. She's been on a catwalk and I can't remember what all else, but like the Duggar kids and countless other offspring of celebrity children, doors open for them that don't open for most people. Of course they take those opportunities. Why shouldn't they?

Normally America would not care that Jill Duggar got married or pregnant. Instead it rates a cover on People, over Lauren Bacall's death no less.

Yes! Tommie Chong is on this season, as is Alfonso Ribero...and Antonio Sabato Jr (drool). Which is why I tuned in when I normally don't.

Still, I will snark the Robertson clan, but not Sadie herself. She actually seems pretty shy, and I'm sure her family pushed her into this to show they are not the assholes that we all know they are.

And she can dance. Where as Lolo sucked. Badly.

Yes! Tommie Chong is on this season, as is Alfonso Ribero...and Antonio Sabato Jr (drool). Which is why I tuned in when I normally don't.

Still, I will snark the Robertson clan, but not Sadie herself. She actually seems pretty shy, and I'm sure her family pushed her into this to show they are not the assholes that we all know they are.

And she can dance. Where as Lolo sucked. Badly.

I only watched Sadie's review by the judges and then the last part of Alfonso's number, so surprised about Lolo. Sadie's an athlete too - I guess one skill doesn't immediately transfer to another.

Girl-child is *not* shy. Read up on her a bit. She's had her sights set on a TV career for quite a while. Including competing on "Survivor." If I get time later today, I'll try to provide a link to the article.

Shy? I say not, JMHO.

Archived