IGNORED

Pants make women look like men from behind...

dairyfreelife

Wow...she removed the images and apologized. She is definitely more 'always learning' than Lori.

livingfromglorytoglory.blogspot.com/2014/09/theres-no-place-like-home.html

She's still a bit cuckoo in her views, but that she admitted she may have been too harsh is a lot more than some other fundies we snark on here. Looking at you Lori and Ken. :shifty-kitty:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is Up, with her Weird syntax and capitalization

Habits? She seems, to not have a grasp

of basic Grammar and sentence structure (In My Opinion)

:cray-cray:

I choose to wear long skirts or flowy palazzo pants in public because of my own personal convictions and comfort. I'm just not comfortable in jeans any more. I could give a flying fig what anyone else wears. Don't these self-righteous ninnies have anything more interesting to talk about? And I don't believe for one second she told her friends she was taking snaps of their behinds before she did it, as evidenced by the fact that she took the pictures down.

And men in kilts are SEXXX-AAAY. :D

What is Up, with her Weird syntax and capitalization

Habits? She seems, to not have a grasp

of basic Grammar and sentence structure (In My Opinion)

:lol:

Do You,

Think so?

I, Think So

Too.

I want to say "Burma Shave" at the end of some of her sentences, or go read some e. e. cummings.

Not possible for someone so anti-pants!

Anyway ugh, how ridiculous and rude of the blogger to pull this kind of thing. And yeah, I don't believe for even half a second that she was honest in her intentions for the photo. Yeah, she may very well have asked permission for the photo. She may even have said it was for her blog. But beyond that? The lack of ethics is astounding.

I hope she asked for permission, but who would agree to it? Aren't these supposed to be modest church-going women?

I wear jeans on my own time but at work and in the summer, I almost always wear skirts or dresses. I have a very short and narrow waist, but wide hips and long legs so finding skirts that fit is much easier than finding pants. Also, I have to walk several blocks from the train station to my office, and skirts are much cooler in the summer heat, and I think that tights in the winter keep my legs a lot warmer than pants would, especially lined ones.

While I think that she's a total ass (no pun intended) for focusing on what people wear to church, versus, you know, praying, I admit that I cringe when I see teenage girls at Mass wearing spaghetti strap tops with the bra straps completely visible. I don't take pictures, though.

I suspect she said something like "Is it okay if I take pictures of today's meeting for my blog." and they said yes, not realizing that she meant she was going to take pictures of their rear to mock them.

I suspect she said something like "Is it okay if I take pictures of today's meeting for my blog." and they said yes, not realizing that she meant she was going to take pictures of their rear to mock them.

That's exactly what I think happened. She has now taken both pictures down, and I am not seeing the apology anywhere in sight (maybe I am overlooking it).

That's exactly what I think happened. She has now taken both pictures down, and I am not seeing the apology anywhere in sight (maybe I am overlooking it).

I can't see an apology either. Taking down the pictures isn't apologizing. The closest thing I can find to maybe admitting that she was wrong is this:

I do not want to be critical or judgmental in my writings!

My heart wants to encourage women in their walk and journey!

But I do not want to write to a generic audience.

But rather homemakers and like minded sisters in Christ!

(NO MATTER WHAT THEY WEAR)

But that isn't an apology or even admitting that her pants post is extremely judgmental.

She responded to her naysayers:

"Dear Readers, Please know I did mention to these women that I was going to take the picture and do a post on this very topic! These very women had just finished praying for my blog. They all know how I have always promoted more skirt wearing over pants. I apologize for this post looking rude or inappropriate to anyone. I would rather everyone feel welcomed and not feel uncomfortable in any setting! I agree that this photo was not in the best taste!But my friends have a strong faith and wear pants in faith."

Somehow, I find it really hard to believe that she told them she'd be taking pictures of their butts and posting them while comparing them to men.

I also get a really strong body-shaming vibe from that whole post -- not just the fact that they're wearing *gasp* pants but also that their bodies don't conform to the proper womanly shape, whatever that is.

Um...WHAT? :wtf: :cray-cray:

"Please lord, teach this woman proper grammar and syntax. Lay it on her hear to not be such a judgmental idiot."

Remember the time lori tried to wear skirts only and it lasted two days? LOLOLOL

I thought she only made it one day wearing a skirt?

I hope she asked for permission, but who would agree to it? Aren't these supposed to be modest church-going women?

I wear jeans on my own time but at work and in the summer, I almost always wear skirts or dresses. I have a very short and narrow waist, but wide hips and long legs so finding skirts that fit is much easier than finding pants. Also, I have to walk several blocks from the train station to my office, and skirts are much cooler in the summer heat, and I think that tights in the winter keep my legs a lot warmer than pants would, especially lined ones.

While I think that she's a total ass (no pun intended) for focusing on what people wear to church, versus, you know, praying, I admit that I cringe when I see teenage girls at Mass wearing spaghetti strap tops with the bra straps completely visible. I don't take pictures, though.

Are you me? That is exactly me. I have decent fitting jeans but finding them is a project every time. But I have a hard time finding dress pants or shorts that fit me and wear skirts a lot for that reason.

I also really don't like the visible bra strap thing anywhere and especially not in church or the workplace. On another forum, a woman started a thread last spring asking where to find cheap colorful bras because soon it would be the kind of weather where your bra shows and she wanted some fun ones. Seriously...there are a thousand kinds of bras to buy that won't show, if you have the money to buy a bunch of new ones, consider those!

But, like you, I'm not going to take pictures, post them on the web and shame people. I have my opinion but what other people wear is not actually my business.

I thought she only made it one day wearing a skirt?

I just reread it and you're right. She wore he skirt to church and to a graduation party before she changed. Because Ken said her skin didn't look too bad.

She removed the pics and replaced them with jeggings on on maniquens (sp) that would never be considered masculine . Funny choice.

I also really don't like the visible bra strap thing anywhere and especially not in church or the workplace. On another forum, a woman started a thread last spring asking where to find cheap colorful bras because soon it would be the kind of weather where your bra shows and she wanted some fun ones. Seriously...there are a thousand kinds of bras to buy that won't show, if you have the money to buy a bunch of new ones, consider those!

Moving completely off-topic...

I've never really understood why the visible bra strap is such a big deal. Work I understand, I guess, simply because when I'm at work, I'm not going to wear spaghetti straps or racer-back tank tops or something that would show a bra strap anyway.

I used to be SUPER paranoid. I'd pin my bra straps to the inside of my t-shirts to MAKE SURE they never saw the light of day. But now I'm like fuck it. If I have to choose between wearing a strapless bra (super uncomfortable, never fit right, always messing with it) or letting people see two blue straps that look exactly like spaghetti straps or bathing suit straps, then you can bet your buttons I'm just gonna shrug and let people see my bra. Whatever.

Weirdly, I see a difference between that an letting your underwear show... so I know I'm kind of hypocritical.

Strap is a really weird word.

Moving completely off-topic...

I've never really understood why the visible bra strap is such a big deal. Work I understand, I guess, simply because when I'm at work, I'm not going to wear spaghetti straps or racer-back tank tops or something that would show a bra strap anyway.

I used to be SUPER paranoid. I'd pin my bra straps to the inside of my t-shirts to MAKE SURE they never saw the light of day. But now I'm like fuck it. If I have to choose between wearing a strapless bra (super uncomfortable, never fit right, always messing with it) or letting people see two blue straps that look exactly like spaghetti straps or bathing suit straps, then you can bet your buttons I'm just gonna shrug and let people see my bra. Whatever.

Weirdly, I see a difference between that an letting your underwear show... so I know I'm kind of hypocritical.

Strap is a really weird word.

I saw a woman wearing a strapless dress with a low back at a sit down restaurant for Sunday brunch who had on a matching bra which we could all see not only the straps of but the entire back including closure. Seriously, what exactly is not completely tacky about that? And the teens with the racerback tanks and three different straps on their shoulders...why are you wearing three bras in the first place? Is that not hotter than hell in the humid 90 degree weather I see it in? Or the woman at a funeral with straps hanging out of a very nice dress that is cut a bit low on the back. If you can't be bothered to get an appropriate bra, why did you buy the dress? We're not talking about a sun dress at a festival. And if you are the receptionist at a medical clinic, you probably should not be wearing spaghetti straps at all, let alone with two bra straps hanging out.

I have gone to the grocery store or whatever with part of a sports bra showing under a tank. No big deal. And I have never been one to worry about a strap slipping out. I push it back because it is not comfortable, but no big deal (although, honestly, if that happens all the time, the bra either does not fit, is not adjusted properly or is worn out). But if you are at work, a sit down restaurant, a wedding, a funeral, etc...for God's sake, it is ridiculous. Buy a proper bra or wear something else.

on the bra straps subject...because of the size of my ample cleavage plus my finances, i have to wear sports bras as the cheap-o bras that i can actually find in my size hurt like a motherfucker. i can't afford to shell out $50-$80 for a freakin bra. but, i make sure they don't show while i'm at work. and if i'm not at work, then fuck it, i don't care. i have some really cute spaghetti strap tanks that i love wearing and i ain't gonna give it up.

I think to me it's a formality thing. Bra straps aren't formal/professional wear. Work is professional, so no bra straps. A formal function or funeral would mean no bra straps.

Church or family functions are casual, so don't care at all.

Although... I have a couple of nice dresses that have sheer-ish shoulders with a tank-toppy under layer. I totally wear a navy blue, purple, or black bra under those dresses, and you can probably technically see it, but the sheer cloth disguises it and it just looks like the tank-toppy under layer. And I don't really care about that either.

I think to me it's a formality thing. Bra straps aren't formal/professional wear. Work is professional, so no bra straps. A formal function or funeral would mean no bra straps.

Church or family functions are casual, so don't care at all.

Although... I have a couple of nice dresses that have sheer-ish shoulders with a tank-toppy under layer. I totally wear a navy blue, purple, or black bra under those dresses, and you can probably technically see it, but the sheer cloth disguises it and it just looks like the tank-toppy under layer. And I don't really care about that either.

This. It is not a look I'm going to adopt, but if I see it at a baseball game, whatever. But I really did see it at a funeral in June and on the receptionist at a medical clinic a few weeks ago. And a local paper had pictures of new teachers in the school district a couple of weeks ago and two pretty young first year teachers had bra straps showing in their photos. Not exactly a professional first impression. I also see church as not formal, but requiring a bit more care. I wear jeans, but not t-shirts with messages, spaghetti straps, short skirts, etc...to church. And I have no modesty issues. I rock a mini skirt or a low cut top or a strapless dress--but none of that feels quite appropriate for church to me.

I have a couple of bras that I can cross the straps and wear them under racer-back tanks. I don't like the idea of a bra strap showing under a spaghetti strap top (so I don't wear spaghetti strap tops). And yeah, I blow big bucks on the bras...I'm a 38D and need all the support I can get.

Regarding pants making women look like men...I asked Mr. Xtian about this and he informed me that even my chubby no-assed self would never, ever be mistaken for a man from behind, even in Levis. He also informed me that in shorts (even board shorts) there is no way he would ever mistake a she for a he. He has 52 years of man experience and I'd be really inclined to take his POV over some neurotic woman's any day.

A good strapless bra is EVERYTHING. I spent about 10 years looking for one that fit. I'm not large on top (C cup, up from my previous B cup), but for some reason, most strapless bras fall down on me or hurt like a mofo. I basically resigned myself to never being able to wear tops without wide straps, but recently found one that works really well and keeps my already sagging (but I'm still so young! :shock: ) boobs up better than bras with straps. It's given me the ability to wear my wardrobe in ways I haven't been able to before. Bra shopping sucks, but trying on some strapless ones every now and again and finally finding "the one" is a priceless experience.

A good strapless bra is EVERYTHING. I spent about 10 years looking for one that fit. I'm not large on top (C cup, up from my previous B cup), but for some reason, most strapless bras fall down on me or hurt like a mofo. I basically resigned myself to never being able to wear tops without wide straps, but recently found one that works really well and keeps my already sagging (but I'm still so young! :shock: ) boobs up better than bras with straps. It's given me the ability to wear my wardrobe in ways I haven't been able to before. Bra shopping sucks, but trying on some strapless ones every now and again and finally finding "the one" is a priceless experience.

I'm 36h and found a strapless a couple years back that actually fit. But that's about all it did. There was no support, for all intents and purposes, and I felt like I was constantly needing to adjust it just to keep from falling out entirely. What I really want to get is some of those see-through strap bras. I don't wear a lot of things that expose my bra straps because I'm self-conscious about my flabby fat 40 yo arms, but still ... I hate bra shopping with a passion.

Archived