IGNORED

Pants make women look like men from behind...

dairyfreelife

I don't think any of them look like men to me, but I digress

livingfromglorytoglory.blogspot.com/2014/09/women-wearing-pants-everywhere.html

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fundie logic confounds me.

i.e. women should dress modestly - the sight of a woman's crotch in pants might well lead men astray

BUT pants make a woman look like a man...so do pants make men gay?

or

dresses make women look feminine , being feminine is attractive to men BUT will not lead them astray...because men aren't attracted to women who look like women??

I just don't know.

i can't open the blog without my browser locking up and shutting down, but the whole premise seems ridiculous. wtf does she care if she can't tell in a split-second that someone is a man or a woman? why does that matter so fucking much?

Jesus, according to the pictures I grew up with, had long hair and wore a long flowling robe. Guess it'd be pretty hard to tell from behind if he was a man.

Even if it were the case, who the fuck cares?

Well, probably if they see those womens-who-look-like-menz running around and mistake them and STILL get a little tingly, then it makes them wonder about scary things they don't like to think about. Oh noes!!! Sin in the camp!

OK, I just looked at the blog and I mistook exactly zero women for men from her photos.

And here's her conclusion:

"Keeping skirts and dresses the choice of clothing for ladies only.

As it stands it is the only thing we as women can do that we do not share

with Men or Boys..."

Well, maybe not the ONLY thing- you know we can still gestate and lactate and menstruate. Not many men or boys can do those things.

OK, I just looked at the blog and I mistook exactly zero women for men from her photos.

And here's her conclusion:

"Keeping skirts and dresses the choice of clothing for ladies only.

As it stands it is the only thing we as women can do that we do not share

with Men or Boys..."

Well, maybe not the ONLY thing- you know we can still gestate and lactate and menstruate. Not many men or boys can do those things.

ahem. not to be an annoying shit, but men can lactate. it's called galactorrhea, and i actually experienced it myself while on a certain medication. while it's more common in women, it can happen in men and children.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-cond ... rints=mine

i know what you mean, though, producing milk to feed a child ;) but with my own experience with this, i know it's still technically possible!

I think hair tends to be what confuses people. My husband has straight, shoulder-length hair. Once we went to a restaurant, and had our backs to the hostess table. The hostess shouted to someone, "Just a second, I have to seat these two ladies."

would it be like if the men wore skirts? ha!ha!

You mean like... The men in biblical times? Or throughout history and other cultures? When I see a Scot in a kilt or a Polynesian in a sarong, I don't think they look silly. In fact, I think they look pretty sexy...

I get so tired of hearing that its what is in your heart that counts when it comes to dress so they feel they can wear whatever they want

I know, right?! I get so tired of heading its about what's in your HEART, or what kind of person you are. It's the clothes that matter!

Oh look, Lori chimed in on how sad it is to see women at bible study in pants. Why? There aren't even any men around. Is it so hard to just focus on the bible?

Even some of the pubs and clubs here have boards at the door with lists of what clothing is not allowed. For example, board shorts, singlets and flip flops (which go by the unfortunate name of thongs in Australia!) Can you just imagine it if that happened at church - a board at the door with a list of what you couldn't wear inside the building

Yes, let's turn people away at the church door. It's not like all are welcome.

Fundie logic confounds me.

i.e. women should dress modestly - the sight of a woman's crotch in pants might well lead men astray

BUT pants make a woman look like a man...so do pants make men gay?

or

dresses make women look feminine , being feminine is attractive to men BUT will not lead them astray...because men aren't attracted to women who look like women??

I just don't know.

This.

And another entry in the Totally Contradictory Category from that blog post:

This is not a matter of legalism.

But rather maybe a dress code!

A dress code would be, um . . . sort of a self-imposed or community-imposed rule, which is . . . rather like a law . . . so, sort of legalistic, no?

Time for Landru again:

RaTDnN8.jpg

(edited to make sense) :embarrassed:

I think this woman is a real whackadoo for even taking pictures of anyone's behind.

No one would ever mistake my behind as a man because I have to stop just so it can catch up with me!!

ahem. not to be an annoying shit, but men can lactate. it's called galactorrhea, and i actually experienced it myself while on a certain medication. while it's more common in women, it can happen in men and children.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-cond ... rints=mine

i know what you mean, though, producing milk to feed a child ;) but with my own experience with this, i know it's still technically possible!

This. Is. Incredible. The human body is a fascinating and mysterious machine.

I can usually tell a man from a woman from behind, even in pants.

Except for that one picture of David Waller. I thought "Wow, she has a nice butt" until I realised who it was.

I can't believe she was just standing around taking pictures of people's butts. It's extremely creepy and definitely inappropriate.

Also, I'm noticeably female coming and going. And even if someone really couldn't tell, so what? The people who need to know my sex/gender do.

So let me get this straight. She was honored by being asked to open a meeting in prayer. Due to her extreme godliness she realized that the women (in her opinion) were improperly dressed. As a result (godly woman that she is) she spent the rest of the meeting focusing on and taking pictures of everyone's asses. :wtf:

This. Is. Incredible. The human body is a fascinating and mysterious machine.

when it first started happening to me, i was scared i might be preggers. nope! just a stupid medication i was taking at the time. :P i can't imagine what a man might think if he starts leaking.

I can usually tell a man from a woman from behind, even in pants.

Except for that one picture of David Waller. I thought "Wow, she has a nice butt" until I realised who it was.

david waller: he may be a pecan thief, but he is the true owner of a nice ass.

and look who chimed in:

Lori Alexander said...

I don't wear skirts all the time but I do when I go to church, bridal showers, etc. I was a leader in a Bible study and one time I was looking around the group of other leaders and many of them were in sweats, jeans, and t-shirts. All the women who lead singing in our church or give announcements always wear jeans and a t-shirt. This is sad to me. I know they all love Jesus and will go to heaven but I do miss the days when women dressed more feminine.

Lori, Lori...If women in jeans make you "sad" then you really have no problems at all.

Also, you don't get to wear an outfit like this:

www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1015222 ... =3&theater

and then tell the rest of us how to dress ;)

when it first started happening to me, i was scared i might be preggers. nope! just a stupid medication i was taking at the time. :P i can't imagine what a man might think if he starts leaking.

STDS

How rude and un-Christ like to take pictures of women's behinds while you're supposed to be praying with them. How superficial and nasty to take pictures like this at a church function and post their pictures all over your blog. Judging these women by their appearance seems most un-Christian to me, but add in posting their pictures on a public blog.

I bet all of those women would be able to recognize themselves from their clothes if they saw the pictures

Archived