IGNORED

riots

UmmSqueakster

http://freejinger.yuku.com/topic/5484/E ... aac-Botkin

A lot of people have asked us if we got the sense that these riots were impending while we were there. Yes and no. Mob violence is a standard side effect of Islamic communities all humanity, be they in the Middle east Canada, Asia the US, or, as we have recently seen, in Europe. Young Muslim men Humans are easily motivated by their religious leaders anything to destructive rage against infidels and outsiders anything, so it's never surprising to see them smashing or burning or even killing in the name of religious or cultural outrage stupidity. What's interesting in Egypt Canada is that the target is one of their own.

Exhibit A - Vancouver

Exhibit B - Greece

Exhibit C - China

Exhibit D - Egypt (where they are easily motivated by their fellow sports fans to destructive rage against fans of the opposing teams)

He's an ass.

I am so embarrassed for Canada right now. :(

At least they had something, however stupid, to riot about. When I was in college at Madison, on Halloween the kids would riot just because they could. No reason, just felt like it. :angry-extinguishflame:

Well put, UmmSqueakster. Don't know why I'm at all shocked or saddened by Botkin's bigotry.

About the only thing I can say in Vancouver's defense is that this morning there were a lot of photos on Twitter of average citizens turning up to help clean up the mess. Toronto on the other hand... (And I *like* Toronto!)

I forget, are the Botkins one of the ones that eschew watching/reading any kind of news? Because I'd say there are a hell of a lot of examples of these kinds of shenanigans everywhere in the world, by people of a number of religious backgrounds.

While there were some anarchist assholes out to just disturb the peace, Toronto was a lot of police brutality and peaceful protesters being arrested for no reason.

Last night's horror show was caused by hooligans intent on rioting, regardless of the outcome. Social media is identifying many of them, and many of them, being idiots, have had status updates on their public profiles planning the riots, or status updates during the riots regarding their criminal acts. There was no religious motivation (unless you count the church of Hockey) for some, it was pre-mediated destruction (some people brought gas cans, hammers and crow-bars with them) Once a few bad apples got going, mob mentality set in amongst the inebriated, predominantly male crowd.

Botkin can eat it. Islam has nothing to do with crowd violence.

The West....Time to leave my country! Take Alberta (Canadian fundieland) with you!

All those responsible should be arrested, charged & forced to clean up. Also anything broken by the mob must be re-paid by garnishing the wages of those involved (and if they were minors....garnishing their parents wages). Forget juvie or jailtime. These Assholes just need to take responsibility for their actions.

This was nothing like what happened in TO during the G20. Different issue, where, although there was a "black mob" most of the brutality was against peaceful protesters....or just random citizens minding their business & walking the street too close to the perimeter fence.

The West....Time to leave my country! Take Alberta (Canadian fundieland) with you!

All those responsible should be arrested, charged & forced to clean up. Also anything broken by the mob must be re-paid by garnishing the wages of those involved (and if they were minors....garnishing their parents wages). Forget juvie or jailtime. These Assholes just need to take responsibility for their actions.

This was nothing like what happened in TO during the G20. Different issue, where, although there was a "black mob" most of the brutality was against peaceful protesters....or just random citizens minding their business & walking the street too close to the perimeter fence.

This! We could get rid of Western separatists, fundies, and possibly Harper all in one fell swoop! Since his riding was Calgary Southwest it stands to reason that if that riding were no longer part of the country they would have to find a new guy to fill the position.

Oh, gee, thanks. We're not all violent fundie assholes. :roll:

This! We could get rid of Western separatists, fundies, and possibly Harper all in one fell swoop! Since his riding was Calgary Southwest it stands to reason that if that riding were no longer part of the country they would have to find a new guy to fill the position.

Sounds beautiful!!!Maybe we can take Elizabeth May away from them too. Might as well....she's clearly in the wrong part of the country. Ohhhh imagine the possibilities. Just a little correction to your post though...we need to actually leave The Harper Government there for them. Maybe we'll be lucky & their oilsands will dry up too :twisted:

Go for it, Fundy. Although I've never heard of BC being considered "fundy," I am willing to bet we'd come out ahead of the game as a country of just Alberta and BC. After all, it's Albertan and British Columbian tax dollarsequalization payments underwriting the rest of the country.

I will happily throw in Ms. May to sweeten the bargain.

I'm feelin' the love. You feelin' the love?

The puffins are not amused. :handgestures-thumbdown:

Are you a troll, fundyfunland?

Slapping the 'fundie' label on a whole province because you disagree with their political/policy stance is pretty ignorant, IMHO. Calgarians just elected a young Muslim as mayor. 80% of the province are city dwellers. Around a quarter of the population belongs to a church that ordains gays and lesbians; another fifty-odd percent belong to no religion or Catholicism. Yeah, that sounds pretty fundie to me.

And your comments about criminal sanctions just boggle my mind - have you ever been in a youth court in Canada? Do you have any idea how the criminal process works - arrest, charges laid, and then the person must be found guilty before they're sentenced?

Nope. Definitely not a troll. Just poking some fun at a ridiculous situation & adding in some politics into the mix for thrill.

Actually, I don't think BC is fundy land at all. Love that place, and would move to Van in a sec if it wasn't for all the rain. But, YES PLEASE....pass me Eliz May! That woman rocks my world :)

As for the jabs at Alberta...mostly has to do with the fact that the current Harper Government originated from there. You're right. You probably would end out on top, but I'm cool with that :)

I'm well acquainted with the legal system thanks. I have my LLB, although now practicing nursing. Yes, of course you can't just throw people in jail...hence that's what the legal system is for. However, my point being that, that once convicted, rather than sending the kids off to juvie, maybe they'd learn their lesson about respecting other people's property, by paying back the damages instead. Seems like a better lesson. No need to rot in juvie.

This thread should actually be moved to the other forum, as we are not directly snarking our fundies here. Mods?

And Acheronbeach - no I am not a troll. I've been contributing to this board for a while now. I just didn't get the message in time to save my thread count from the previous board over on YUKU.

Sounds beautiful!!!Maybe we can take Elizabeth May away from them too. Might as well....she's clearly in the wrong part of the country. Ohhhh imagine the possibilities. Just a little correction to your post though...we need to actually leave The Harper Government there for them. Maybe we'll be lucky & their oilsands will dry up too :twisted:

I hearts me some Elizabeth May

Fundy, Stephen Harper only took a majority government because of Ontario votes. BC and Alberta could never swing an election on their own. BC and Alberta _together_ contributed 48 Conservative seats to Ontario's 73.

Harper is also an agnostic.

Fundy, Stephen Harper only took a majority government because of Ontario votes. BC and Alberta could never swing an election on their own. BC and Alberta _together_ contributed 48 Conservative seats to Ontario's 73.

Harper is also an agnostic.

Stephen Harper - definitely not an agnostic. He actually attends East Gate Alliance Church while he's in Ottawa.

NASDAQ, what makes you think he's agnostic? He's never seemed particularly religious to me, but everyone else seems to think he's fundified.

The difference between Canada and the States (besides the free health care): Canada freaks out if our leaders are religious; the States freaks out if they aren't. :lol:

Harper is NOT agnostic. He belongs to the Christian Missionary Alliance, which I'm pretty sure we've had lengthy discussions about here. CMA is fundie.

http://communities.canada.com/vancouver ... ivate.aspx

for a nice summary of the crazy that is Harper, check out the aptly named website "Shit Harper Did" shitharperdid.ca.nyud.net

Archived