IGNORED

Last tango in Halifax

latraviata

We've watched it all and loved it. Our local PBS was showing this and Vicious (Derek Jacobi and Ian McKellan) as a double feature on Sunday nights; it was interesting to see Derek Jacobi in two very different things. The other fun part was listening to him with the Yorkshire accent - I read lots and lots of James Herriott growing up, so it was interesting to hear how some of the words were pronounced. I'm hoping for more Halifax, not sure if the BBC is planning a third series or not. Celia can be a bit of a gossip, though. Definitely not on my list of people to tell secrets to. :)

We've watched it all and loved it. Our local PBS was showing this and Vicious (Derek Jacobi and Ian McKellan) as a double feature on Sunday nights; it was interesting to see Derek Jacobi in two very different things. The other fun part was listening to him with the Yorkshire accent - I read lots and lots of James Herriott growing up, so it was interesting to hear how some of the words were pronounced. I'm hoping for more Halifax, not sure if the BBC is planning a third series or not. Celia can be a bit of a gossip, though. Definitely not on my list of people to tell secrets to. :)

I think Jacobi did the Yorkshire accent very well and it's funny how I first heard it in 'All creatures great and small'. In this dialect I noticed they leave the definite article out, don't they?

I enjoyed Last Tango too. Vicious not so much. (Didn't watch after the first episode.)

I read that there is going to be a third season, so yay!

How funny, I picked up the box set yesterday in the library. Decided to watch an episode last night and watched the entire first series in one sitting. I loved it, then watched the second series today.

I felt sad that that was the end, but then realised series two was on in 2013, so there might still be a third series this year and there is! So looking forward to it.

It's been a while since I found a new series to binge watch. And it was just what I needed this weekend ( my only weekend in living memory that I haven't had anything hanging over me that I absolutely had to do)

Archived