IGNORED

Tyrant

Jesse911

I just got done watching the pilot episode. I thought it was really good and left me wanting to see more. The threat of violence and political overthrow with what happens at the end of the episode should make for an interesting series. But I have to say the rape scenes really were just to much for me, they added nothing to the story and were just in poor taste in my opinion.

The first promos I saw for this made me think it was going to be science fiction (the dude standing in the middle of all the orange sand that looked like Tang, etc). Then when I saw that it was going to be a political thing I lost all interest. That's just not my thing. But it looks gorgeously shot.

Yah politics isn't really my thing either, but I still found this one interesting. I think it's because it's a Middle East country and their showing what's going on from the view of the dictating family themselves instead of what you normally see on the news about that stuff as an outsider.

The promos look interesting. I will give this a try On Demand. I hope they aren't heavy-handed on the violence and rape every episode, or I may have to bow out.

The story line is great, but the sexual content was a bit over the top and intense for regular cable. I really was checking the DVR to make sure this wasn't an HBO show. I think they could have left a bit to the imagination with those bits for sure.

Also, I thought the American wife needs to pull her head out of her bun- she didn't know she might be taking her children to an unsafe place? But I guess it wouldn't make for good TV if they wrote the characters as reasonable.

Archived