IGNORED

What Would Jim Bob Do?

cindyluvs24

We all know how Jim Bob will ask a store owner for discounts or other deals in order to get the best price possible. That is, when he's not "buying used and save the difference." Now.. Jim Bob is himself an owner. Have any of his commercial tenants (who I assume have fallen on hard times in this economy) asked him for a break on the rent? Would he agree to it? Would he evict someone who couldn't pay? Just wonderin'

WWJBD?

A leper begs for alms ... JB hands him a fake thousand dollar bill with a bible tract on the back

A prostitute seeks help ... JB shouts "NIKE" and runs away

A tenant needs a break on the rent ... evict-o

I'm going to say, yes--he would help them out. For a while. No landlord lets you stay indefinitely--it is a business after all. You signed a contract. You pay or you are out. However, most landlords who know anything will work out something for the short term. It's very hard to actually evict someone. And it's usually cheaper to work with the guy in the place than go thru the hassles of eviction and finding a new tenant.

I'm sure it would depend on how godly the tenant was perceived to be, and how acute any barriers to paying rent were, as to how willing JB was to evict. That being said, I have no idea how difficult or easy it is to evict in his state. It's very tough where I live to be evicted.

Guest Anonymous
I'm sure it would depend on how godly the tenant was perceived to be, and how acute any barriers to paying rent were, as to how willing JB was to evict. That being said, I have no idea how difficult or easy it is to evict in his state. It's very tough where I live to be evicted.

I agree with this.

I kind of Jim Bob might look at the situation and then might see if eviction should be done right away or if he should allow the tenant an extra month. Like another poster it would also depend on eviction or tenant laws in his state.

Jim Bob is a cold-hearted money grubber first and foremost, and an Evangelist second. There's no way he would let someone get a free ride in one of his rentals, at least not any heathens. He might give someone a break if they were related to him (like Josh), were the same brand of extreme fundie, if he felt that he could use it guilt them into following his lifestyle, or if cameras were rolling and he could spin it for good PR. I don't believe that he would do it just to be kind.

Archived