IGNORED

Submitting to My Abuser Made My Marriage Awesome! (Mck)

Beeks

Is this a specific post with a link, or just in general?

But yeah, I really have to wonder about all fundie wives who think the answer to dealing with assholish husbands (abusive or not) is "submission." Which is basically "do whatever he says so he doesn't have a reason to get mad." Pretty much every abuse victim resorts to this.

Oh yeah sorry, it's her latest post. She does a post like this every so often:

mycharmingkids.net/

Some of the comments make me a little sad for the writer

StephG writes:

This post really hit home with me in almost every way! I do work, but it’s at home for a few hours a day and it’s not an “in the limelight†kind of job.

Sometimes I find myself trying to make my mother/wife/ “job†in the limelight though. I *want* people (mostly my husband) to recognize how hard I work for this family. How much time, blood, sweat, and tears I shed for our house and family.

It’s so funny though…when I try to do that God brings me down a few notches. For “some reason†it becomes impossible to keep my house “perfect†or make dinners or keep up with laundry or something that I take pride in accomplishing.

Eventually I see the light and I the “ohhhhh†sets in. I’m here to be my husbands helper. To push him forward toward the finish line, to make HIM shine, not me. *gulp* That’s a tough thing to swallow.

Humility is so painful sometimes and yet when I get it right and am submitting to what God wants from me it becomes, shall I say, easier…

Thanks for reminding me of this. God has been using so many different things to get my attention

I will keep praying for you guys in all your ventures and moves!

If this women wants someone to thank her for working hard, God punishes her by making it harder for her to get her jobs done.

Everyone deserves to be thanked occasionally. There is nothing wrong with telling your spouse that you would like a little appreciation. We all have moments were we want someone to acknowledge that we need a little thanks. Of course, hopefully the person tells their spouse "thank you,' for doing what needs to be done also.

Why would god, punish this woman for that?

ITA, Debrand. Everybody deserves to be told "Thank You" at least occaisionally. The couples I have observed who seem to have the best relationships (eeeevil lesbians) tend to say "Thank You" alot.

As far as MckMama goes, I think that situation is suck a flustercluck of inconsistancies and drama, that I don't think it is clear who abused who. I know he has the convictions, but I think she said in a blog post that she had "abused" him. I don't know if that means she got physical or not.

Some of the comments make me a little sad for the writer

StephG writes:

If this women wants someone to thank her for working hard, God punishes her by making it harder for her to get her jobs done.

Everyone deserves to be thanked occasionally. There is nothing wrong with telling your spouse that you would like a little appreciation. We all have moments were we want someone to acknowledge that we need a little thanks. Of course, hopefully the person tells their spouse "thank you,' for doing what needs to be done also.

Why would god, punish this woman for that?

THIS is exactly why I can not swallow this religion. Why would I want to believe in a God that makes me "less"? I can't believe anyone buys this garbage. As for wanting appreciation - I think that is a basic human emotion - everyone wants to be recognized. In our house hubs and I make it a point to look out for the things that we do for each other and to recognize and thank each other for these things every time - even if it is just an every day thing like emptying the dishwasher.

edited to add the word "things"

Archived