IGNORED

Kevin Swanson thinks Kacey Musgraves should be hanged

FJismyheadship

Blarg. I think people like this preacher, who make death threats in inadvertent ways, should be arrested for inciting violence and threatening bodily harm. Unfortunately, under current law his statements probably do not qualify as proper "death threats." However, I see from another link in that article that he has suggested people show up to gay peoples' weddings with verses from Leviticus (pertaining to punishing homosexuality with death) printed on posters. Absolutely disgraceful.

Kevin Swanson is a head case and probably a closet case.

Then we should show up on his lawn with signs when his family is eating shellfish or cloven hoofed animals or wearing cotton/poly blends.

“If she had sang [sic] that thing in a country bar in the 1920s or 1880s in Denver, Colorado, somebody would’ve called for a rope,†Swanson boasted on his radio program earlier this month. “She would not have made it out of town!â€

Uhh...and that would've been a good thing? The unbelievable things people will say trying to justify their anti-gay bigotry, they boggle the mind.

Straight up disgusting. What an absolute douche. I've heard of Kacey Musgraves but I had never heard of Kevin Swanson (until today) so obviously he is not all that important (except in his own mind). These idiots try to use shock value for 15 min of fame. Normal people are going to be disgusted by his hate speech, but I guess zealots like Swanson don't really care.

Kevin Swanson is a seriously disturbed individual. He is also jockeying for position in the fundie biz since the implosions of Doug Phillips is a Tool. And Bill Gothard.

NOOO! Leave poor Kacey alone. I love her music. Such a refreshing voice in the country music genre these days.

NOOO! Leave poor Kacey alone. I love her music. Such a refreshing voice in the country music genre these days.

THIS! It is really refreshing and I really like the songs of her texts. Kevin Swanson is such a douchebag. But I'll guess it won't take long until he is exposed - just like it happened to Doug Philips is a Tool and Bill Gothard.

Whatever. His opinion is irrelevant to me as to most people and I wonder if he just wants to get himself some recognition to move up in the fundie world.

So much word! I love Ms. Musgraves. She is madly talented and writes amazing songs.

And Kevin Swanson Swansucks!

Here is the offensive song. And warning, Kacey is dressed like a whore. :roll:

kQ8xqyoZXCc

I "like" her on Facebook. A day or two ago she had a rant about "negative people", I wonder if it was in response to this Swanson thing?

My youngest niece is a Kacey Musgrave's fan, and she said Kevin Swanson needs a boot up his ass to quote a line from a Toby Keith song.

“If she had sang [sic] that thing in a country bar in the 1920s or 1880s in Denver, Colorado, somebody would’ve called for a rope,†Swanson boasted on his radio program earlier this month. “She would not have made it out of town!â€

Kevin, Kevin, Kevin, saloons/bars in Denver in the 1880s and 1920s were likely dissolute environments where that song would have been the least that was going on. Like drunk men would have taken time out from more alcohol and general debauchery to hang someone over song lyrics.

Never heard of either of them until this thread. Cute song, she looks pretty well dressed to me.

Threatening to hang someone or saying someone should or would have been hanged is not very Christian. And likely historically inaccurate.

Then we should show up on his lawn with signs when his family is eating shellfish or cloven hoofed animals or wearing cotton/poly blends.

But those are in Leviticus, and that's OLD law that doesn't apply anymore! Oh, wait.

We love the song, so much that I bought the album.

And her outfit at the Grammys was something else, I love it. Not sure how to post a photo from another site, but there's a good shot of it at http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2014/01/26/kacey-musgraves-boots-grammys-2014/ What you can't see in that one is that the guys in the band had matching light-up jackets. :dance:

I'm sure Swanson would say that outfit is only fit for a whore, though. :roll:

I’d never heard of Musgraves before this thread, but I’m familiar with Kevin Swanson. Swanson’s opinions are almost always uninformed, paranoid, and as offensive as he can make them in exchange for ratings. It’s damning evidence of how intellectually and morally bankrupt many of the fundamentalists are that his bullshit is treated seriously in those circles.

Archived