IGNORED

"The Christian dating site for those saving hand-holding for

carebear

That DID sound interesting.......but the link didn't go anywhere. I just wondered if being a 40-something widow would have me qualified or not.

It took far too long into the video for me to be SURE that was a joke.*

*Of course, Christian Tingle was my first hint, but fundies are so damn ridiculous at times that satire has to be IN MY FACE before I can be sure of its identity...

It took far too long into the video for me to be SURE that was a joke.*

*Of course, Christian Tingle was my first hint, but fundies are so damn ridiculous at times that satire has to be IN MY FACE before I can be sure of its identity...

I'm glad I wasn't the only one. :? I got midway into that and was like...okay. I'm pretty sure this is satire, it must be, and I feel really stupid right now for not picking up on it sooner. And yeah, the name is the first red flag. The other Christian Tingle video is much more transparent.

TBH, DH's family is mostly fundie lite. His mother and his uncle utilized Christiansingles.com to find spouses. I was shocked to learn that most of what they were both doing was nothing but booty calls for a LONG time on the site. Not that Christians don't fornicate, but it was so obvious that it was just masking what it really was to make it palatable for good Christians.

• 2 weeks later...
Sometimes, satire is dangerous because it's too believable. Lol

If the crap you're spewing is so outrageous that others can't tell the difference between sincerity and satire, you're off your rocker. The Purity Balls satire video is like that. It's funny because it sounds like an exaggeration, but then it's sad because nothing is made up.

Haha, I was not sure about it either because where I love we have commercials for farmers only. It's a dating site..... For farmers. The commercials are hilarious, and seem like satire.

At first I thought I was being linked to something real. My first thoughts were aren't you supposed to be courting if saving hand holding for marriage since dating is the practice of hell bound heathens. I learned of was a joke from her name and profile pictures. Other than that havingt ceremony as a worship service was hilarious.

Archived