IGNORED

savior or a sin? Jesus tokes up in local burger ad

doggie

love this guy and he hits it right on the head with this quote

“I’m not your moral compass,†Schmidt said. “We’re just trying to sell sandwiches. If you’re looking to me for moral direction you’re probably misguided.â€

http://q13fox.com/2014/04/15/business-s ... z2zRUQ4OpQ

420-jesus-5-by-7-proof_zps5e5c14fd.jpg

SEATTLE — The advertisement inevitably raised some eyebrows.

Heck, it was intended to.

“I wanted you to look at Jesus smoking a blunt, eating a hamburger and say, ‘hey, I’m going to tell my friend,†said John Schmidt.

Schmidt is the owner of Seattle-based Lunchbox Laboratory restaurants and behind a much talked about email-blast.

The ad, emailed out to 13,000 Lunchbox Laboratory deals subscribers, features a picture the Lord and Savior in a not-so-classical pose with a burger in one hand and a marijuana joint in the other. Text springing from Jesus’ mouth reads, “When I Get Back, All I Want is the Burger of the Gods.â€Above him is Easter’s date with the number 4.20 highlighted in green.

The advertisement, originally seen by around 1,000 of the 13,000 subscribers, is meant to highlight the sale date for the scrumptious Burger of the Gods.

Oh my Bob.... I would so eat there.

And hey, cannabis has its origins in the Middle East ;)

Bong Hits for Jesus <3

Maybe it's just the heathen, hell-bound Episcopalian in me, but I always imagine God/Jesus/whoever having quite a sense of humor. :lol: I like to think he'd get a kick out of an ad like this - much more of a kick than he'd get out of people being oppressed and killed in his name, anyway.

Of course, I also like to think of Jesus in a tuxedo T-Shirt because it says I want to be formal, but I'm here to party, so make of that what you will.

Andy Cohen made a joke about the confluence of Easter Sunday and 420 yesterday on What What Happens Live. He told the kiddies not to smoke any of their Easter grass.

Archived