IGNORED

Nie is pregnant

Beeks

Wow!

Sorry if this is OT - she is not fundie really but pretty hardcore mormon.

I am guessing this was all cleared by her doctors. I'm happy for her. She has been through so much.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no words...wait...yes I do :lol:

What about everything her poor body has been through? I barely rember a post from some time ago when she and Christian talked to her doctor about having more children and they were told that they would have to graft skin panels on her stomach to accomodate the fetus? does anyone else remember this? I just remember thinking that sounded like such a crazy thing to do to have a child when you already have four at home.

It does seem crazy but before the accident they had planned to have 10 children (she is one of 9 and he is one of 11). I think a lot of her identity is in being a mom...just like many of our fundies. She never went to college or had a real job. I think she was married at 19 and had her first baby 10 months later.

Guest Anonymous

Wow, I hope this was ok'd by the doctor. I can understand wanting another child, but putting her body (and her existing kids) through the trauma of having one in those circumstances, is a big step to take.

What about everything her poor body has been through? I barely rember a post from some time ago when she and Christian talked to her doctor about having more children and they were told that they would have to graft skin panels on her stomach to accomodate the fetus? does anyone else remember this? I just remember thinking that sounded like such a crazy thing to do to have a child when you already have four at home.

Yes, I remember that post too and thought "she will do it anyway". I don't know what to say, her whole identity is based on producing children and she and her husband both seem to think that they are immortal and can do anything or whatever.

Wow, I hope this was ok'd by the doctor. I can understand wanting another child, but putting her body (and her existing kids) through the trauma of having one in those circumstances, is a big step to take.

Is she through with all the surgeries she's going to need for the next year? I hope so...

I think Nie has more than earned the right to do as she damned well pleases (not that she didn't have that right before the accident) and I wish her all the best.

In one of the tv interviews she gave, the doctors said that they could actually use the extra stretched skin from her pregnant belly for other areas of her body following the birth. Kind of in the same way they stretched the skin on her back to give her new skin for her chin and neck.

Guest Anonymous
I think Nie has more than earned the right to do as she damned well pleases (not that she didn't have that right before the accident) and I wish her all the best.

My concern is for the trauma that she and the baby (and by default, her other kids) may suffer. Unfortunately our bodies only afford us possibilities and consequences, not 'rights', no matter what other hell we have suffered, although I agree with your sentiment, and wish her well.

The idea of being able later to use her 'stretchmarks' to help repair the rest of her body sounds fab - I was focusing on her earlier post where it looked like she would need grafts during pregnancy, for her body to cope.

I occasionally read NieNie before the accident for the enchanted life she lead, but stopped like 9 months or so before everything happened, because it got pretty repetitive.. After the accident I would check in a few times a week when her sister was posting to root on her recovery. Now, I pretty much find her insufferable.

Curious if the doctors recommended waiting on getting pregnant... Not sure if there are any major lingering physical issues, but it seems awfully soon.

I'm happy for her, since she seems so happy, but concerned...

Let's see how long it is before she starts cashing in on the baby as a way to get free stuff like she did at Christmas.

Let's see how long it is before she starts cashing in on the baby as a way to get free stuff like she did at Christmas.

Yeah really. I've only read her blog a couple times and read a couple snark boards talking about her. Someone summed it up nicely: "Just what every burn victim on the verge of death wants... a calendar with someone else's family pictures in it..." ;)

I do remember that, along with the Dr. telling her she needed to wait a couple more years while they do these other face surgies and skin grafts.

I occasionally read NieNie before the accident for the enchanted life she lead, but stopped like 9 months or so before everything happened, because it got pretty repetitive.. After the accident I would check in a few times a week when her sister was posting to root on her recovery. Now, I pretty much find her insufferable.

I too find her insufferable. Her sense of entitlement. I am one of the many many many victims of her Christmas scam and I am bitter, so take my anger with her, with a grain of salt.

She still has the hand knitted alpaca socks and children's sweater I sent her for the Christmas review. Now, I can't be sure she still has them as she may have gifted a family member with them.

Guest Anonymous

She still has the hand knitted alpaca socks and children's sweater I sent her for the Christmas review. Now, I can't be sure she still has them as she may have gifted a family member with them.

Ooh, did you send those in believing everyone would get a review?

I only saw those posts after it was snarked about - by then the 'original' post had a disclaimer saying she cooldn't promise everyone a review. but I did wonder if that had been added later....

Ooh, did you send those in believing everyone would get a review?

I only saw those posts after it was snarked about - by then the 'original' post had a disclaimer saying she cooldn't promise everyone a review. but I did wonder if that had been added later....

I sent them knowing she would not be able to review everything she received. Her deadline for sending items was sometme close to the 1st of December, yet she did not even post about anything until the week of Christmas, and then only posted a few items--not even a handful of items.

I sent her an email, a FB message and post, and a note in the box asking to have the items returned to me, and also included $$ to cover the cost of sending it back to me. I told her I sell them at the farmer's market during the holidays, but would do custom orders for her readers if there was interest. Never heard from her. Nothing. Nada.

Yeah really. I've only read her blog a couple times and read a couple snark boards talking about her. Someone summed it up nicely: "Just what every burn victim on the verge of death wants... a calendar with someone else's family pictures in it..." ;)

Please to share the snark boards. PM if you are not comfy with posting.

Kthxbai.

Since I am Southern - the movie "Steel Magnolias" popped into my head ...

The scene in the beauty shop where M'lynn tells the ladies that Shelby's doctors told her that she "should not" get pregnant - not "could not" get pregnant.

Big Difference.

I also think that from my perspective as a RN - typically a burn patient will likely be on meds for Nerve pain, Antidepressants, Opioids for pain, and have a huge increased risk of skin infections and complications from ANY infection. In addition - many burn patients end up with chronic lung and liver issues. Just in general - I have no knowledge of her specific situation.

Archived