IGNORED

True Detective - HBO

bionicmlle

Anyone watching True Detective on HBO?

DH and I are agreeing that this is one of the best shows in quite some time and we are waiting every week in anticipation of the next show. The eight-show series is brilliant because we know there will be at least some resolution and Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson are brilliant together. The nature of the crime in the show piques my religious curiosities and I'm sure some of you must be watching it! Slate.com posted a video "decoding" the cop-speak and philosophical references today which was helpful and funny.

I want to, because I have heard lots of good things. I have to wait for the DVDs though.

McConaughey AND Harrelson? I'm sold. Also, it's nice to see the US moving towards shorter series...

• 2 weeks later...

I had heard about the show first from my brother so i figured it was going to be bad, his favorite movie is The new Sherlock Holmes. Then saw a few ads on TV and totally got the wrong impression. I thought it was more of a 30's nior style detective show. Finally I heard from others what is was about and watched.

My mind was blown in episode 1 and I was hooked. I started watching them on HBOGO.com and managed to mess up the order..I watched ep 4 then 3 then figured out something was wrong. So I down loaded them all from direct TV and forced a friend to watch them with me.

This is the type of show where you need to watch it more than one time to see all the little hidden clues. which I wont detail so you can enjoy them yourself. I highly recommend this show.

This was seriously one of the best shows I watched in a long, long time. I feel like I need to scream to the world now because once the DVDs come out, everyone will be talking about it!

The ending was seriously chilling.

I just watched all eight episodes on HBOgo today. Loved. It. Mcconaughey and Harrelson were brilliant. I've heard it's going to be an anthology series, so it will be back but with different actors and characters.

• 2 weeks later...

We just finished watching this series. It is excellent. I was particularly struck by the calibre of acting by both Harrelson and McConaughey. I don't know how it will do as a series though. So much of what I liked was based on the acting and interaction between the two leads.

I was not sold, the concept didn't really appeal to me but you guys are making me want to watch it now ! Darn it, I'm already wasting too much time on shows :shhh:

We were hooked early on, but I didn't really like the ending in episode 8. Kind of a letdown, after all the action.

• 3 months later...

Archived