IGNORED

GA Senate Candidate Swears To Only Vote On ‘Biblical’ Laws

doggie

What a moron I mean really is anything really based on the bible? most are some warped nasty hate filled crap that hurts rather hen helps.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/02/26 ... ical-laws/

Rep. Paul Broun (R-GA) vowed to only vote for bills that follow biblical principles if elected to the U.S. Senate in Saxby Chambliss’ place. The problem is, he also calls himself a constitutionalist. Paul Broun said, specifically, “I am a proven conservative, consistent constitutionalist. There are four C’s that describe who I am and what drives me: Consistent, conservative, constitutionalist, Christian.â€

Paul Broun is hardly a constitutionalist.

What people like Paul Broun don’t seem to understand at all is that constitutionalism and biblical law are at odds with each other. Nowhere in the U.S. Constitution does it say anything about our laws being biblically based, and the 1st Amendment specifically prohibits Congress from establishing a state religion.

Paul Broun has other choice things to say, also. He said that things like the Big Bang theory, evolution, and embryology, are all “lies straight from the pit of hell.†He’s apparently learned as a scientist that the Earth is only about 9,000 years old. He also believes there’s no scientific consensus on climate change, and that the whole thing is a hoax that will destroy us. Paul Broun sits on the House Science Committee, on the Energy and Environment subcommittee.

Some quotes from the founders on the separation of church and state.

John Adams said, in the Treaty of Tripoli, “The Government of the United States is not in any sense founded upon the Christian religion.†He also said, “It will never be pretended that any persons employed in that service had interviews with the gods, or were in any degree under the influence of Heaven, more than those at work upon ships or houses, or laboring in merchandise or agriculture; it will forever be acknowledged that these governments were contrived merely by the use of reason and the senses.â€

James Madison said, “Every new and successful example of a perfect separation between ecclesiastical and civil matters is of importance.â€

Thomas Jefferson said, “In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own. It is error alone that needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself.â€

And there are so many more, just from the founders alone. Read this article for more presidential quotes regarding the separation of church and state, including more from the founders. These quotes are certainly something that a zealot like Paul Broun needs to know.

Paul Broun has other choice things to say, also. He said that things like the Big Bang theory, evolution, and embryology, are all “lies straight from the pit of hell.â€

OK I get the opposition to the big bang and evolution (completely and utterly disagree but get it) but EMBRYOLOGY??? Does he not believe we were ever embryos? Does he think we don't develop in utero? I'm (even more than usually) confused.

don't waste any brain cells on this idiot because he does nto waste any one critical thinking. of course his version of biblical law is absolute.

And he is on the science committee, :pink-shock:

always seems to be the case the anti-science guys who know nothing about heath or science are on those committees.

Well, as to why embryology is a lie from the pit of hell, I found this helpful Youtube video. :?

u7pt59hjQlg

Now, whether this is satire or serious, I honestly can't tell. I'll leave that for others to decide.

always seems to be the case the anti-science guys who know nothing about heath or science are on those committees.

This fucker is not only on the Science committee, he's an OB/GYN in private life!

This fucker is not only on the Science committee, he's an OB/GYN in private life!

:wtf: :angry-banghead: :head-desk:

I can see how someone who was an orthopaedic surgeon or perhaps psychiatrist or something like that might not understand and believe embryology but an OB/GYNE? Every single thing that happens in utero has to do with embryology.

Well, as to why embryology is a lie from the pit of hell, I found this helpful Youtube video. :?

u7pt59hjQlg

Now, whether this is satire or serious, I honestly can't tell. I'll leave that for others to decide.

I totally thought it was real until the "the other half are muslims" part. Based on the other videos, i think its satire or performance art.

Archived