IGNORED

The Arndt family needs to watch this

divadivine

I'm watching Forensic Files on HLN right now. They are advertising an upcoming Dr. Drew On Call on people obsessed with stuffed animals. I think the Arndt's need to tune in. Maybe Dr. Drew could stage an intervention?

Someone DOES need to intervene... on behalf of those poor penguins.

You just know they've seen some stuff. They probably pray for the sweet release of probable death in the washer/dryer daily.

Oh god, the guy who married his Twilight Sparkle plushie. That's one of the things I use for "My Little Pony means never having to say you're kidding" when I'm talking about how gross some bronies are.

So does the whole Arndt family like penguins or is it just the mom?

AFAIK Paul started it as he didn't have very much in common with his younger siblings(young enough to be his children). Which I think is a really thoughtful thing to do. It seems like it just went too far & the teens haven't grown out of it.

AFAIK Paul started it as he didn't have very much in common with his younger siblings(young enough to be his children). Which I think is a really thoughtful thing to do. It seems like it just went too far & the teens haven't grown out of it.

Is it just a collection or do they actually *do* things with them (other than stuff them in bags to take along on vacation, of course -- as if that's not weird enough)?

When I was younger I had a couple of girlfriends who had collections -- one collected "cows" -- either cow knick-knacks/figurines or things (shirts, dish towels, decorations) that had cows on them. I often found things to send her -- I got the fun of the search but didn't need all that clutter in my own life!

Anyway, I can see how that kind of a collection might take on a life of its own, especially with such a big group. In that case, it might not mean anything odder than a family "inside joke" that has gone on too long.

But if they actually spend time with these toys, or actively put effort into finding more, etc -- then I would worry a bit...

Okay, I just swung by the Arndt blog, and as usual I come away with so many questions.

1. Why is Wizzy now dressed in full 1860s attire to shoot a Vine Valley scene? In the parts of the movie I've seen so far, Ma and Pa Arndt are wearing fairly modern clothing (well, Arndt modern). I'm pretty sure Cathy wears black pants as she travels around with her Little Red Riding Hood basket. She certainly wasn't wearing a hoop skirt. Are there flashbacks? What the hell is this movie about?

2. John's photo with Rick at the airport just makes me giggle. I'd love for a passerby to ask him about his visit with his parents, and for him to explain that he lives with them full-time, they just take random pictures of themselves dropping off each other at the airport.

3. Jacob taking the time to photoshop one of the duck's heads onto a horse. I just...I can't.

I don't understand what they are filming all the time. Are they making one big movie that is taking years to complete? A TV show they hope will be picked up by a network or just an elaborate home movie? Who will be watching this future mess?

I don't understand what they are filming all the time. Are they making one big movie that is taking years to complete? A TV show they hope will be picked up by a network or just an elaborate home movie? Who will be watching this future mess?

Perhaps they are making it for their future grandchildren.... :wink-penguin:

They don't have a script and seem to be just making things up as they go along. Mary's costume is bringing things to a different level and I’m not sure how a "let's go back in time†segment fits with Joseph Green's story, but when you're winging it I suppose anything goes. If they ever do finish filming, they'll probably spend the next 10 years editing all the footage.

The manboys aren't stupid guys. How can they possibly buy into this utter insanity? They are literally squandering their youth on their mentally ill father's vanity project.

Then again, Patty Hearst robbed a bank once they let her out of the closet. Stockholm syndrome can make people do some mighty strange things.

Wait...the never-to-grow-up-Arndt "boys" are making a film? For San Antonio--right? Lol........ Gotta go look. Haven't been to their blog in a while.

One of the gas stations up here in NY has some delicious cherry squirt that we call “Jolly Rancher cherry.†It literally tastes like drinking a Jolly Rancher.

Oh Seth.....please.....make some friends outside the family. Fast. :o

Who knew there could be a life more boring than that lived by any Maxwell?

Oh Seth.....please.....make some friends outside the family. Fast. :o

Who knew there could be a life more boring than that lived by any Maxwell?

Maybe I'm just jaded because I frequent gas stations in NY frequently, but...

When gas stations in NY are the epitome of excitement in your day, it's time to start re-evaluating your life.

Perhaps they are making it for their future grandchildren.... :wink-penguin:

Having grandchildren requires...OK, here's a question: Who's more likely to have a "child" marry next - Maxwell, Arndt, or neither?

Having grandchildren requires...OK, here's a question: Who's more likely to have a "child" marry next - Maxwell, Arndt, or neither?

I'd go with the Maxwells marrying one of the reversal boys off first. And I also believe only the girl and the younger Arndt boys will marry; those older manboys don't stand a chance. Yes, I actually think the Maxwells are the less batshit insane of the two. THAT'S how fucked up the Arndts are. :penguin-no:

I'd go with the Maxwells marrying one of the reversal boys off first. And I also believe only the girl and the younger Arndt boys will marry; those older manboys don't stand a chance. Yes, I actually think the Maxwells are the less batshit insane of the two. THAT'S how fucked up the Arndts are. :penguin-no:

Wow, I thought I'd be in the minority in thinking that the Maxwells would marry off more kids before the Arndts do. Hell, I'd take Sarah Maxwell getting married before one of the manboys. I just cannot imagine a woman ever entering into the Arndts all male yet strangely testerone free world.

I'll give the Arndts this--they do have fun. I think their general enjoyment of their lives further reduces the older sons' drive to try and meet women. Whereas Maxhell is just day after day of desperate prayer for some form of escape.

here's a question: Who's more likely to have a "child" marry next - Maxwell, Arndt, or neither?

Another Maxwell "boy"--at least they have a history of allowing it! :stir-pot:

I just cannot imagine a woman ever entering into the Arndts all male yet strangely testerone free world.

I'm not sure why, but this made me giggle out loud. It's such a perfect description of them - they're like living Ken dolls. :lol:

SAM_5875.JPG

Luke says... "The Olympics were nice, but the NHL break was kind of hard on me. Missing hockey, I had to find some way to pass the time."

Even if just kidding around, this is about the least manly thing a guy could do. Most men wouldn't be caught dead...

SAM_5875.JPG

Luke says... "The Olympics were nice, but the NHL break was kind of hard on me. Missing hockey, I had to find some way to pass the time."

Even if just kidding around, this is about the least manly thing a guy could do. Most men wouldn't be caught dead...

It's probably a joke, but Mommy Arndt has taught her boys how to make scarves and mittens using knitting jennys so it's entirely possible they can crochet and knit.

Not that there is anything wrong with that, but for my money the Arndts win the Most Unusual Fundie Family award hands down.

I had the scariest dream last night that I was trapped and snowed in at the compound with Ma and Pa Arndt, the manboys and the stuffed penguins. I dread to think what would actually go on between the manboys and their penguins if they WERE trapped at home!

*pass the brain bleach plsthanks*

I'm not sure why, but this made me giggle out loud. It's such a perfect description of them - they're like living Ken dolls. :lol:

Maybe they were neutered when they were babies.

Archived