IGNORED

@zachbates. Now on twitter.

Justme

it's a good thing most fundies don't use twitter, they'd never remember the spelling of his firstname to @ him.

I agree with Eric Goldstein:

Twitter is stupid. Here are is top 10 reasons:

I don’t have enough time to read my e-mail and barely enough time to occa­sion­ally look at Face­book., I don’t have time to fol­low Twitter.

It’s impos­si­ble to com­mu­ni­cate any­thing of any value in 140 characters.

Why should I tweet? Who cares what I have to say!?

I looked at Twit­ter and there are peo­ple fol­low­ing 25,000 peo­ple – that just proves how ridicu­lous of a tool it is.

The tweets I looked at seem to be noth­ing more than peo­ple push­ing get rich quick links.

Ran­dom ram­blings of famous peo­ple is stu­pid enough – much less those of peo­ple I don’t care about.

Twit­ter seems to be noth­ing more than a game to get as many fol­low­ers as pos­si­ble. What pos­si­ble value is there if peo­ple are just blindly fol­low­ing who­ever fol­lows them?

Twit­ter is filled with peo­ple auto­mat­i­cally post­ing links from RSS feeds. I can just open a web site and get bet­ter info.

There are 9000 other ways to get a mes­sage to some­one (e-mail, voice, text, IM, fax, car­rier pigeon), why should I bother with Twitter?

And the #1 rea­son why Twit­ter is Stu­pid — Justin Bieber.

I do find twitter useful for certain things.I follow weather and quakes,and some news sources.I have them sent to my cell phone,where I have unlimited texting.That way I can get instant updates on the things I'm interested in.

I mainly like accu-weather.(https://twitter.com/accuweather)

You can also follow some of your fav restaurants,so that you know when they are having special deals.And sometimes local news stations will have tweets you can follow for local news and weather.

I'm not surprised. Social media is a good way to get your message out.

I use twitter, but I only let 4 people follow me and I'm protected. And I never use my real name or email with it either. I mostly do it to post when I'm depressed and alone and need to cool myself into thinking that someone out there is paying attention and cares.

I use twitter but I have never posted anything. Following me would be a waste of time. I use it because I like to follow local and national news sites, politics, my favorite baseball team and a few celebs. I get more information in a few minutes of looking at my twitter than I do having to go from website to website. It's great for breaking news.

I would follow Zach out of curiosity but I figure he would block me if he looked at all the Democrats and liberal news sites I follow.

I do find twitter useful for certain things.I follow weather and quakes,and some news sources.I have them sent to my cell phone,where I have unlimited texting.That way I can get instant updates on the things I'm interested in.

You can also follow some of your fav restaurants,so that you know when they are having special deals.And sometimes local news stations will have tweets you can follow for local news and weather.

A couple years ago, when the building I taught in was occupied and police were in a stand-off with students, it was really helpful that social media existed. Twitter offered much more useful information than the university administration's e-mails (surprise!) and helped me make an informed guess about whether my time would be better spent finishing a lesson plan or designing a poster that read "Dear University Police, did you come out with swords and clubs to arrest us as though we were bandits?"

Interesting that he got the handle @zachbates. There are a lot of Zach Bates on Twitter, who all have @zachbates25 or things like that, which makes me think he signed up ages ago in order to get the 'first' zach bates username...

I agree, twitter is an unbelievable resource during natural disasters.

I agree with Eric Goldstein:

Twitter is stupid. Here are is top 10 reasons:

I don’t have enough time to read my e-mail and barely enough time to occa­sion­ally look at Face­book., I don’t have time to fol­low Twitter.

It’s impos­si­ble to com­mu­ni­cate any­thing of any value in 140 characters.

Why should I tweet? Who cares what I have to say!?

I looked at Twit­ter and there are peo­ple fol­low­ing 25,000 peo­ple – that just proves how ridicu­lous of a tool it is.

The tweets I looked at seem to be noth­ing more than peo­ple push­ing get rich quick links.

Ran­dom ram­blings of famous peo­ple is stu­pid enough – much less those of peo­ple I don’t care about.

Twit­ter seems to be noth­ing more than a game to get as many fol­low­ers as pos­si­ble. What pos­si­ble value is there if peo­ple are just blindly fol­low­ing who­ever fol­lows them?

Twit­ter is filled with peo­ple auto­mat­i­cally post­ing links from RSS feeds. I can just open a web site and get bet­ter info.

There are 9000 other ways to get a mes­sage to some­one (e-mail, voice, text, IM, fax, car­rier pigeon), why should I bother with Twitter?

And the #1 rea­son why Twit­ter is Stu­pid — Justin Bieber.

I don't know who Eric Goldstein is, but he is the "stupid" one. He is spewing nonsense because he has no clue what an invaluable tool it is to network with potential customers/fans/followers. There are specific reasons behind a celebrity tweet, even one as simple as "I had eggs for breakfast." I'm not going to waste my time typing out a Twitter For Dummies manual, but suffice to say, Twitter gets the job done.

I don't know who Eric Goldstein is, but he is the "stupid" one. He is spewing nonsense because he has no clue what an invaluable tool it is to network with potential customers/fans/followers. There are specific reasons behind a celebrity tweet, even one as simple as "I had eggs for breakfast." I'm not going to waste my time typing out a Twitter For Dummies manual, but suffice to say, Twitter gets the job done.

I don't twitter, or facebook, or any other social media (other than discussion forums of course :lol: ), but I must say that I did enjoy Hillary Clinton's tweet during the super bowl -- I won't repeat it here since it's political but it can be easily googled. I guess I generally like it when public figures use humor… :clap:

I agree, twitter is an unbelievable resource during natural disasters.

Yes,I actually heard of the 2011 5.8 quake in VA via twitter to my cell,bf I saw it on the news.I had thought my house shaking was...oh I dunno...we just don't normally have quakes here! lol

I use twitter. Sometimes. It's mostly crap that I find amusing or things that I've said that I find witty. I've amassed a following of about 80 people, none of them I know.

I don't twitter, or facebook, or any other social media (other than discussion forums of course :lol: ), but I must say that I did enjoy Hillary Clinton's tweet during the super bowl -- I won't repeat it here since it's political but it can be easily googled. I guess I generally like it when public figures use humor… :clap:

Then she accomplished what she set out to accomplish.

Zach has only tweeted twice so far & has nothing new to say on the Zach Luvs Whitney blog.

Zach, take it from someone who has worked with politicians for 20+ years: If you set up a social media account while campaigning, you have to post/tweet regularly--otherwise you look like a lame, shallow person with nothing to say, and you would have been better off not having the account at all! You aren't asking for volunteers, you aren't announcing any events, you aren't asking for donations...honestly, my cat could run a better campaign than you.

My children could throw together a better campaign than this. Sure it might involve large quantities of glitter(we are currently going through the make lots of glittery art stage) but they would at least be doing something besides saying "I'm the oldest kid in my family."

For me, Twitter is pointless. I think I may have signed up for an account, but I never use it. My husband likes it to check for hockey news/scores. He then turns to me and rants (in considerably more than 140 characters) about his opinions on said game/tweets. God, I love hockey season. :D

Archived