IGNORED

Gay Men Are Excluding Women

debrand

This weird debate that I had on Huff Post was either complete Poe by the other person or we've won the case for gay rights. Really, if this is the best that the right can come up with, I am happy. By the way, I made a lot of grammatical errors probably because the entire conversation seemed ludicrous and I think that it temporarily numbed my brain. :lol: If you don't want to read the entire conversation, the man is trying to convince people that gay marriage between two men is wrong because it excludes females.

[b]Gerry D. (gmd1952)

SUPER USER·11 Fans·husband, father, businessman

Marriage moves from being a major social institution that promotes gender inclusion and integration exclusively to an institution that promotes gender inclusion AND gender exclusion. two opposed social principles.

That fact that because most marriages are gender inclusive therefore justifies that I should be able to be gender exclusive is not how the law works

Me

I understand the meaning of the individual words you use but I am still having a hard time discerning what you are trying to say.

Gerry D. (gmd1952)

The hardest facts to understand are the obvious ones we simply have overlooked. Look at the facts. Gay men exclude women as a class from their marriages. They exclude women simply because they are women not because they fall short of some individual merit. No matter how great the personality or character of a woman a gay man will exclude her from his marriage.

Marriage is the oldest social institution that promotes and regulates gender integration. Prior to 2003 every state mandated (required) marriages to be gender inclusive (man + woman).

In a society committed to the sexes mixing do you want to carve out a niche where it is legally permissible to exclude women simply because they are women?

Me

Okay, why would a woman want to marry a gay man? He won't be attracted to her sexually and having sex is a really great part of marriage.

Of course, gay men exclude women from their marriage just as I excluded people who I was't physically attracted to in order to marry. Unless you marry everyone on the face of the earth, most people will be excluded from a couple's marriage except for the two people getting married.

Gay men can exclude women from marrying them just as straight men can exclude gay men from marrying them, just as gay women exclude men and straight women exclude gay women. Believe it or not people usually exclude those that they aren't sexually attracted to when it comes to deciding who to marry.

Gerry D. (gmd1952)

Discrimination: "to make a distinction in favor of or against a person or thing on the basis of the group, class, or category to which the person or thing belongs rather than according to actual merit."

Gay men, as a group, exclude women, as a group, fitting the definition of discrimination. These are the simple facts. In your marriage you did not exclude men as a group instead your choice was based on individual merit.

You are confusing the categories here. The issue is exclusion based on gender, NOT sexual orientation.

Me

No, the right has lost the battle on gay marriage and is just pulling crazy arguments out of its bottom or you have a wonderful sense of satire. Either way, this conversation is extremely funny.

so, lesbians don't exist? Do they exclude men? Frankly, I am fine being excluded from someone else's marriage: straight, gay or poly.

And yet it seems he doesn't have a problem with lesbian women excluding men from their marriages. A double standard?

"The issue is exclusion based on gender not sexual orientation."

This is either the most puzzling statement or most hilarious statement in the whole argument. Isn't the point at the moment that if I want to marry*, half of the potential partners are already excluded on the basis of their gender?

*Hypothetically marry. Actually very happily married.

I didn't realize not being attracted to someone constituted discrimination. Can I sue every guy who's ever rejected me, now? Wait, I'm not attracted to women. Does that make me a misogynist?

I'm gonna sue Mr. Big And Tall. Not only do they just carry men's clothes, they only carry clothes for tall men. Twice the exclusion!

Sooooooooo if two men get married they are excluding women, and that is discrimination? Just because nomatter how attractive a woman is or how great her personality is, a gay man wouldn't want to marry her? But that's not discrimination, she can marry another man or woman, she isn't being excluded.

Gerry, by being presumably attracted to women, aren't you excluding men, after all, nomatter how attractive and nice a guy is, you would never want to marry him cause youre not gay, and that is discrimination.

You should be open to marriage from anyone in the world, as having any standards of who you want to marry is apparently discrimination. Why would you not want to marry someone who is hideously ugly and also really mean? Or how about a woman who has killed her last three husbands? Crazy cat lady who has 50 cats in her tiny filthy house? What about Bill Gothard? Why should creepy cult leaders be excluded from your marriage? That guy who named his kid after Hitler, why exclude Nazis from your marriage? Why not Kidist, she is single, but also really racist, but not being open to marrying anything that comes along is discrimination. Michael Pearl? He has serial killer eyes, looks like a feral mountain man and likes to abuse kids, but don't let that put you off because that is discrimination. Why not marry the naked roast sitter? Shes pretty, and the fact that she likes to add her bodily fluids to her cooking shouldn't be a reason for you not to marry her.

In fact, why do we have marriage in the first place. You can only marry one person, and have to exclude all the other people in the world. Why doesn't everyone just become polygamous and pansexual and marry everyone they want regardless of how many they are or what their genders are.

In fact, why people? Isnt it discrimination against cats not to have one in your marriage? Or inanimate objects, cant leave them out.

If we see excluding someone from marriage as discrimination, why don't we just abolish marriage and indiscriminately stick our genitals in anything that we see.

so, lesbians don't exist? Do they exclude men? Frankly, I am fine being excluded from someone else's marriage: straight, gay or poly.

Women don't count, only the men do. ;)

I am so glad that you all found this funny also. At first, I thought Gerry was a brilliant creator of Poe but I found a site that uses the same argument that he does

.gay-answers.com/

This might be satire but I hope that it is real because it is the most breathtakingly stupid argument against same sex marriage that I have ever read.

The only way this insane logic would work is if the author wants to force everyone to marry without regard to sexual attraction. So, a straight person should be forced to marry someone their own sex.

Archived