IGNORED

homeschool barbie

2 much chickenetti

All three dolls include a variety of Math curricula with manipulatives and chalkboards with tiny real chalk!

What are manipulatives?

My husband's family does this. I had to fight hard not to roll my eyes.
I can't believe people actually do that...

What are manipulatives?

manipulatives are basically things children hold and manipulate to help them learn, (like counting bears, magnetic letters, and Cuisenaire rods)

I can't believe people actually do that...

I didn't either. She used sharpies to paint on bathing suits. It was definitely a facepalm moment

And of course, use of manipulatives isn't restricted to math class, although the term seems more common there. If you're using a set of measuring cups and sand to teach volume, those are manipulatives. If you're using a puzzle map where each state or country is removable to teach geography, that's also a manipulative. If you're using letter tiles to help teach spelling, those are manipulatives.

I didn't either. She used sharpies to paint on bathing suits. It was definitely a facepalm moment

One-piece, two-piece, or WholesomeWear?

*ed because I can't spell wholesome, I guess that means I'm not a wholesome person

While I will freely cop to owning and loving Birkenstocks, I do not own a grain mill. Oh, and frumpers are a fashion crime. :lol:

That Homeschool Barbie has more gray hair than I do! I'm 59, though, and I've earned (and don't mind) the gray.

One-piece, two-piece, or WholesomeWear?

*ed because I can't spell wholesome, I guess that means I'm not a wholesome person

I think that it was a one piece. The funny part being that the mom actually wears a bikini in the summer sometimes.

All of the new Barbie's have the Barbie logo all over her crotch in lieu of panties. She needs a makeover and she could become Cougar Barbie.

Heh. Homeschool Barbie reminds me of those creepy kids in the Village of the Damned movies.

My new name for some of my relatives.

BAHAHA, good one. I have a couple that fit that description also.

My favorite part of the homeschool barbie article was the last line, as I'm an unschooler at heart. :D

Archived