IGNORED

Happy Birthday Mommy & David Arndt

0 kids n not countin

SAM_1827.JPG

Oh boy, Mommy & Daddy celebrated at Red Lobster :roll:

Cathy and I stopped at Red Lobster yesterday, on the eve of her birthday.

The restaurant always reminds us of the Maine coast. Some of Cathy’s favorite lighthouses are featured (in the form of paintings or photographs) on its walls, including the ones at Cape Neddick and Portland Head.

While in the restaurant, we felt as if we were only yards away from Maine’s rocky coastline.

20140120_134838.jpg

20140120_123514-1.jpg

Gawd knows that when I (tearfully, not gonna lie) had to cancel a long-awaited trip to the UK last year, I let my friends get me completely shitcanned at a (Venice Beach) pub called Britannia to cheer me up, but though I had a great time (and can't say enough about how lucky I am to have such amazing friends), I never once was "reminded" of actually being in England. Red Lobster ... there's nothing wrong with the restaurant itself, but this whole situation makes me kind of sad. All eleventy of your kids are either adults or would be under the supervision of several adult siblings - take your freakin' wife on an actual trip to Maine!

Ah Brittania, the faux pub where the young and moneyed go to party.

I prefer the Whale and Ale in San Pedro.

I'll have to check it out:) I actually live in the 951 (don't judge me), and don't get out west to civilization all that often - their beer selection was a treat lol. We started out at Barney's Beanery (like you do).

Maybe our Red Lobster is different but I didn't feel like I was in Maine at all. I felt like I was in Red Lobster.

So are they being paid to promote Red Lobster now? That was just an odd post all around.

Hopefully they've both been to Maine at some point so they have an actual basis for comparison. This reads like a new and inventive way to monetize their blog.

There are several videos of a family trip to Maine. Cathy does seem to get very excited when they travel anywhere with lighthouses.

Ive noticed with funide families such as the Arndts, Maxwells and the duggars before they got famous, all dress the same..

polo shirts tucked in with belts.. I guess its a modesty thing and to make them look more grown up, but i cannot stand it...I wonder if its uncomfortable?

Maybe its me, I hate tucked in shirts

So are they being paid to promote Red Lobster now? That was just an odd post all around.

Hopefully they've both been to Maine at some point so they have an actual basis for comparison. This reads like a new and inventive way to monetize their blog.

Odd posts and Arndts are not strangers

True enough. And at least they've actually been to Maine, which makes it marginally less weird...right? No, not really. :lol:

Hey no white shorts! But what is the blue cloth for? Isn't that a tallboy dresser behind them?

Hey no white shorts! But what is the blue cloth for? Isn't that a tallboy dresser behind them?

You're talking about the gingerbread print thing right? I thought it was a giant wrapped present for David, and was wondering what it was.

You're talking about the gingerbread print thing right? I thought it was a giant wrapped present for David, and was wondering what it was.

I'm pretty sure you're right. Whenever one of the Arndt kids has a birthday, there's always the same odd picture taken in the parents' bedroom, and the birthday person as well as any gifts given are always photographed in the same spot - right in front of the dresser.

I'm pretty sure you're right. Whenever one of the Arndt kids has a birthday, there's always the same odd picture taken in the parents' bedroom, and the birthday person as well as any gifts given are always photographed in the same spot - right in front of the dresser.

The fact that I've memorized the Arndts' birthday boy bedroom layout seems a dubious honor. But I'll take it.

Here's my bi-annual, "Man, the Arndts are weird!" post. Man, are they weird. Birthdays in the bedroom, getting super excited about eating normal food...

I take it none of the older "boys" have left home yet.

(I'm just going to copy and paste this same comment into the next thread about the Arndts big adventures.)

There is a Paul Arndt in my English Comp class. I only saw him once but I recognized the name. Wouldn't it be funny if it was this family's Paul?

Do they still have their ducks? There was somebody here, who, bless them, read that blog regularly. I wanna know how the ducks are faring during this cold winter.

If that's on my mind I should probably go do something productive.

:shifty-kitty:

Do they still have their ducks? There was somebody here, who, bless them, read that blog regularly. I wanna know how the ducks are faring during this cold winter.

If that's on my mind I should probably go do something productive.

:shifty-kitty:

I read their blog daily - they're my favorite fundie family. As far as I know they still have the ducks. One of the Arndt-droids posted some enthralling videos of one of their ducks trying to walk on ice.

I read their blog daily - they're my favorite fundie family. As far as I know they still have the ducks. One of the Arndt-droids posted some enthralling videos of one of their ducks trying to walk on ice.

Perhaps their penguins would appreciate that sort of activity a little more. :penguin-no:

(I shouldn't give them ideas).

The family just watched To Kill a Mockingbird. While I'm impressed that they're allowed to watch ebil secular movies, I was amused that Paul's only comment was "Interesting film!" Gee, thanks for the insight, Siskel.

Archived