Oscar nomination of "Alone Yet Not Alone"

Olive Plant

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

James Leininger does have a daughter named Kelly:

texscience.org/reform/leininger.htm

Lone Star PAC-Man

James Leininger's bed business and wealth grew, and so did his family. Cecelia, a tall, regal woman with fine-chiseled features, gave birth to a boy, Brian, and two girls, Kelly and Tracey (a fourth child, Joshua, was later adopted).

From 1999-

newspapers.com/newspage/14508546/

NAME: Dr. James Leininger • AGE: 54 • RESIDENCE: San Antonio • FAMILY: wife, Cecelia; children, Brian, Kelly, Tracy, Joshua • EDUCATION: Indiana University School of Medicine • BUSINESSES: Kinetic Concepts Inc.; Focus Direct Inc.; Promised Land Dairy; The Texas Network; San Antonio Spurs • CURRENT POLITICAL ENDEAVOR: Private school vouchers

I think her married name is Kelly Welch

http://www.texasmarriagerecords.org/mar ... inger.html

Marriage Date 04/26/1997

Husband Richard H Welch

Husband Born 1971/1970

Wife Kelly C Leininger

Wife Born 1977/1976

Certificate Number 139958

There's both a Kelly C. Welch and a Richard H. Welch listed for the Covenant Foundation

free.salesfuel.com/CoIntell/CoDetailsPersonnel.aspx?CompanyID=1702458

And check out something called the Shelby Kennedy Foundation

wysk.com/index/virginia/purcellville/h4w6xfe/shelby-kennedy-foundation-inc/officers

Kelly, Tracy, their husbands, and our dear friend Doug.

Corporate Officers, Directors and C-Level Executives

DARYL WOLKING TREASURER ONE PATRICK HENRY CIRCLE PURCELLVILLE VA 20132-3197

DAVID CRAVEN DIRECTOR 8122 DATAPOINT DR STE 1000 SAN ANTONIO TX 78229

DEBBIE KENNEDY Director/SEC Po Box 700155 San Antonio TX 78270

DEBBIE KENNEDY SEC PO BOX 700155 SAN ANTONIO TX 78270

DOUG PHILLIPS DIRECTOR 4719 BLANCO ROAD SAN ANTONIO TX 78212

JOHN H LEININGER DIRECTOR 2734 HARVEST CREEK LANE BOERNE TX 78006

KELLY C WELCH DIRECTOR 8122 DATAPOINT DR STE 1000 SAN ANTONIO TX 78229

KEN KENNEDY DIRECTOR PO BOX 700155 SAN ANTONIO TX 78270

MICHAEL FARRIS Director/ PRES One Patrick Henry Circle Purcellville VA 20132-3197

MICHAEL FARRIS PRES ONE PATRICK HENRY CIRCLE PURCELLVILLE VA 20132-3197

RICHARD H WELCH DIRECTOR 8122 DATAPOINT DR STE 1000 SAN ANTONIO TX 78229

TRACY CRAVEN DIRECTOR 8122 DATAPOINT DR STE 1000 SAN ANTONIO TX 78229

Tracy Leininger and Kelly Welch photos on a hunting site:

texasdeerhunter.com/news-December2001.html

Their corporation wiki pages:

http://www.corporationwiki.com/Texas/Sa ... 70363.aspx

http://www.corporationwiki.com/Texas/Sa ... 70352.aspx

I can't find any real connection to Kelly Greyson, though the photos of the Kellys do look a bit alike

post-3335-14451998636988_thumb.jpg

stock-photo-los-angeles-feb-kelly-greyson-arrives-at-the-movieguide-awards-at-the-universal-hilton-128975264.jpg

Mind you, the hunting photo (the only one I could find of Kelly Welch) is from 2001.

I think her married name is Kelly Welch

http://www.texasmarriagerecords.org/mar ... inger.html

Marriage Date 04/26/1997

Husband Richard H Welch

Husband Born 1971/1970

Wife Kelly C Leininger

Wife Born 1977/1976

Certificate Number 139958

It looks like they divorced in 2010 (http://www.texasdivorcerecords.org/divo ... 010_681341):

Kelly Christine and Richard Hardin Welch were divorced on December 23, 2010 in Bexar County, Texas. They were married on April 26, 1997.

At the time of their divorce, they had been married for thirteen years and had three children under the age of eighteen.

When they were divorced, Richard was forty, and Kelly was thirty-three. If they're both still alive, Richard is now forty-four or forty-five, and Kelly is now thirty-seven or thirty-eight.

Divorce Date 12/23/2010

Marriage Date 04/26/1997

Husband Name Richard Hardin Welch

Husband Born 1970/1969

Wife Name Kelly Christine Welch

Wife Born 1977/1976

Location Bexar County, Texas

File Number 136675

Yes, I know that Jen is not the best source but according to her:

We attended church with the Leiningers at Boerne Christian Assembly where Doug Phillips was the pastor. Doug Phillips published and sold the first editions of Tracy Leininger’s books on his Vision Forum Inc. web site, and in the Vision Forum annual catalog.

Could someone post the sleuthing work online? I want to link to it on my own blog.

Jen also says that Greyon is Kelly Leininger

I do believe that Jen knows the Leiningers well enough to know who their daughters are. And I think it's pretty funny that this film forced her to do something she clearly did not want to do: cast Jim Leininger in anything less than a positive light. I don't think she wanted to go there at all.

Jen is correct that there is a double standard at BCA/VF. Does anyone really think that Kelly Greyson would have been cast as the lead in a VF film (after a divorce and despite the fact that she wears "immodest" clothing) if her father hadn't been funneling large amounts of money into VF for years and years? Kelly can do whatever the hell she wants to do, while poor women in abusive situations are told by VF that they must continue to submit and "win their husbands without a word" through prayer. The hypocrisy is sickening.

Yes, I know that Jen is not the best source but according to her:

Could someone post the sleuthing work online? I want to link to it on my own blog.

Jen also says that Greyon is Kelly Leininger

debrand - will it work for you to link to the two entries in those databases?

Marriage: http://www.texasmarriagerecords.org/mar ... inger.html

Divorce: http://www.texasdivorcerecords.org/divo ... 010_681341

I do believe that Jen knows the Leiningers well enough to know who their daughters are. And I think it's pretty funny that this film forced her to do something she clearly did not want to do: cast Jim Leininger in anything less than a positive light. I don't think she wanted to go there at all.

Jen is correct that there is a double standard at BCA/VF. Does anyone really think that Kelly Greyson would have been cast as the lead in a VF film (after a divorce and despite the fact that she wears "immodest" clothing) if her father hadn't been funneling large amounts of money into VF for years and years? Kelly can do whatever the hell she wants to do, while poor women in abusive situations are told by VF that they must continue to submit and "win their husbands without a word" through prayer. The hypocrisy is sickening.

Yes, I was surprised to see the liberal mention of Jim Leininger in the latest entry at Jen's Gems, especially given Eston's previous insistence that Leininger be referred to as "Jim L".

I was NOT surprised to find out that, once again, fundie royalty may do as they like while the peons toil & suffer in the dust.

I had found that Leininger has a daughter named Kelly, and had found the hunting picture -- hadn't found the Welch married name, though -- good work.

I still don't want to assume they are the same person -- I wish we had something solid from someone other than Jen. But, if she is, it makes me ponder about why she and/or the powers that be don't want to be open about it. The first possibilities that occur to me are:

- Greyson wants to succeed on her own merits, without powerful family connections entering into it (give me a few seconds -- I feel a laughing jag coming on).

- Greyson wants to appear to be succeeding on her own merits.

- Jim Leininger doesn't want his name involved, due to his usual practice of staying in the shadows with his support of right-wing dominionist stuff.

- Jim Leininger doesn't want his name involved, due to Kelly's being willing to look and act super-sexy and/or athletic.

- Jim Leininger doesn't want his name involved, due to Kelly's being divorced.

- Jim Leininger doesn't want his name involved, due to a genuine ethical desire to back off and let his children live their own lives (hey, it could happen) - well, with a bit of financial help, that is.

It just seems a bit odd considering that the author of the story uses her maiden name as part of her professional name (Tracy Leininger Craven), and the fact that it's a family story has been a big part of the publicity for the film. You'd think that talking about the fact that the lead plays one of her ancestors would be a great hook, but they have clearly avoided even mentioning it.

Seems worth discussing -- thoughts?

1CVW-qeolQ4

More Kelly video -- doesn't solve any mysteries, just thought it would be fun to watch.

The event was the Movieguide Awards, described as:

Dedicated to honoring the studio executives, producers, directors, actors and writers of MOVIEGUIDE®’s ‘Best of the Year’ movies and presenting the Grace Award for Inspiring Acting, The Faith & Freedom Awards for movies and television programs that positively impact the world community as well as the John Templeton Foundation grant supported $50,000 Kairos Prize for Spiritually Uplifting Screenplays and the celebrated $100,000 Epiphany Prizes for Film & Television.

More on these awards here:

movieguideawards.com/

Getting closer -- this hunting site lists trophy winner Kelly Welch as representing Covenant Ranch, which is Leininger's:

muygrandevillage.com/contest/record.html

And, again, the picture looks much like Greyson.

ETA a different hunting pic identified as Kelly Welch:

xM40B61.jpg

Looking at the old hunting pics and the newer pics of Kelly all dolled up in her red carpet wear, it's also evident that she's had a boob job. They're about to spill out of that dress. :o

Add that to the reasons why Leninger doesn't want his name attached to this venture. :naughty:

A bit OT, but an interesting find. Politics, bedfellows, etc.

Here are Gothard, Huckabee, and Leininger and his wife, at a Huckabee for President event in 2009:

7704025290_e15ef911f4.jpg

ETA - here is a thread from our Yuku days that tells more about Leininger, for anyone who isn't already aware (and, as it happens, someone else had found that picture!):

http://freejinger.yuku.com/topic/5700/D ... uF8vLQo7IU

- Greyson wants to appear to be succeeding on her own merits.

- Jim Leininger doesn't want his name involved, due to his usual practice of staying in the shadows with his support of right-wing dominionist stuff.

Seems worth discussing -- thoughts?

My personal guess, I think it's a combination of the ^above. Although the second may be more on Kelly's part than Jim's.

I think she not only wants to appear to have a legitimate (as opposed to "Daddy bought it for me") career, but she wants one outside of the Christian market. I think she's using films like AYNA as a launching pad because it's the easiest "in" she has, and she needs the screen credits however she can get them, but I don't think she wants to stay in that niche. And it may be working. Based on her IMDB. "Little Boy" (due out this year? I guess) is an actual legitimate movie. She probably doesn't want to alienate people in the industry by making the Leininger association known.

And on a much more shallow note, *if* this is Kelly Leininger Welch, she's around 37. It's fine to be an established, bankable, actress by that age, but if you're just starting out, with only a few credits on your resume, not so much. There's no age associated with the Kelly Greyson IMDB, and appearing to come out of nowhere might help her shave a few years off her image, as opposed to being a divorced mom of three (some of whom could be teenagers by now) in her late 30s.

So, I was at dinner tonight (Brent's Deli, Westlake Village, CA) and in comes Joni Eareckson-Tada! Mr. Womb and I were already seated and her party goes by. I'm thinking, I know that face. She was with her husband and what I assume to be another couple. I overheard some Jesus-y conversation and they said a somewhat long grace at the Jewish deli (to the great inconvenience of the server, who had to wait for it to be over to access the table [due to the hand holding]).

I wasn't sure at first, so I checked images of her and her husband; yep, it was them. I thought about approaching to say congrats on the song nomination, just to see what she would say, but I was wearing a defrauding shirt, so I didn't (and, in general, the thought of any celeb admiration, real or falsified, kind of turns my stomach.) I was going to get a pic, but by the time I had an unobstructed view she was eating. Since that was quite an ordeal (her paralysis requires a lot of adaptive equipment) I felt it was (extra) rude to take a picture.

Anyway, it was a strange experience. I felt like I had seen fundie "celeb."

I know, I know, you're not impressed. But, still, I had to put it out there just in case someone cared (Mr. Womb sure as hell didn't :lol: )

Adding my thanks for all the seriously wonderful sleuthing work done here. :worship:

Oh, what a tangled web these entitled, rich, do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do fundies weave. This whole enterprise stinks like a 5-day-old fish!!

Looking at the old hunting pics and the newer pics of Kelly all dolled up in her red carpet wear, it's also evident that she's had a boob job. They're about to spill out of that dress. :o

Add that to the reasons why Leninger doesn't want his name attached to this venture. :naughty:

Maybe the film budget went into buying her plastic surgery. I'm not sure where else it went (other than bribes, maybe, and obviously the cost of hiring people for the song).

Here's a behind-the-scenes video that includes things not in some of the other materials -- no Doug, though, darn it.

They give lip service to respecting the Natives' reasons for fighting. :roll:

There's some bad, bad acting, and some hilarious talk of how authentic the sets and costumes are.

The credits at the end of this video seem to be the source of Geoff Botkin's camera credit.

I can't seem to get it to embed using the usual "after the v=" code, so here is the whole link:

I had to wipe my own runny nose while I was watching that video of Kelly Grayson before the step-and-repeat. I blame my runny nose on the Lipitor I'm taking. What's Kelly's excuse?

I couldn't take Kelly's voice for more than 5 minutes let alone for an entire feature length film.

Much as I want to see this film out of pure, morbid, curiosity, I don't think I'll be able to sit through it.

The clips are absolutely grating on sooo many levels.

The credits at the end of this video seem to be the source of Geoff Botkin's camera credit.

That makes MUCH more sense. I just couldn't picture King Geoff out there doing actual camera work. Or any actual work.

In this video interview from last fall, Kelly talks about being saved & interviewer mentions that she (Kelly) grew up in a Christian home:

http://youtu.be/wvPd3VXbBCs

ETA: Very interesting that Kelly, if she is a Leininger, does not mention this. Have to say though that it's a toss-up as to whether that female host or Kelly has the more annoying voice..

Can't believe I watched the whole thing...:mouse-shock:

I kind of want to see the movie. I loved reading old captive stories when I was a child. I use to wish that the indians would rescue me from my family.

This movie dose a great disservice to the captives. The captives who survived the march to a tribe were adopted. They were teated as family members and members of the community. They were there to replace members of the tribe. Women were socially in a better position in indian tribes because most were matriarchal societies. They did not shame captives by dyeing their hair and skin.

I kind of want to see the movie. I loved reading old captive stories when I was a child. I use to wish that the indians would rescue me from my family.

This movie dose a great disservice to the captives. The captives who survived the march to a tribe were adopted. They were teated as family members and members of the community. They were there to replace members of the tribe. Women were socially in a better position in indian tribes because most were matriarchal societies. They did not shame captives by dyeing their hair and skin.

Did you read Indian Captive: The Story of Mary Jemison by any chance? I think I've still got a copy that my girls read when they were younger. Mary lived until she was 90 years old among the indigenous peoples.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Jemison

Archived