IGNORED

Texas Public Schools Are Teaching Creationism (Merged)

Mice

Slate has a pretty good article on how Texas is using Responsive Ed in public charter schools and steps through how that adds a fundamentalist Christian spin to US history. It mentions the relationship to Bill Gothard and how the classrooms appear to be set up like ACE.

slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2014/01/creationism_in_texas_public_schools_undermining_the_charter_movement.html

Its not just creationism, its patriarchy too and misogyny too. Its terrifying

It is terrifying. I was glad to see a good expose on this in Slate, which has a wide readership. I was also glad that they mentioned Gothard and ATI by name, described their organizations accurately and then drew out the relationships between the Charter schools and those groups.

Fundies so often hide the truth of what they are doing. Not because they are ashamed of it, but because their message is crap and they know it. So they have to settle for poorly hidden manipulation of children.

I know very little about science, the worst thing for me was the history. Samurai were a "group" which pushed Japan into WWII? :angry-banghead:

There were laws against "the homosexual lifestyle" which were repealed, although laws against the "behaviour" still existed? What the hell were these laws against having a homosexual lifestyle, they must have been fascinating. For lesbians, presumably there were laws against cutting your hair short, keeping cats or reading a lot of books. Or going to the corner shop to get messages, brushing your teeth or cleaning the bathroom, all things I note that homosexuals do as part of their "lifestyle".

Archived