IGNORED

Global warming is a scam because no SUVs on Jupiter

doggie

We thought old pat could not get much crazier but Here you have it he has.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/01/07/p ... n-jupiter/

elevangelist Pat Robertson pointed to the cold U.S. weather on Tuesday — and the fact that there were no “SUVs driving around in Jupiter†— to assert that global warming was a scam created by scientists.

“The inconvenient truth is it’s getting cold,†Robertson said, riffing off the title of Al Gore’s climate change documentary. “And some parts of America are colder than Mars! Why? We’ve got a special story today about how come we could very well be entering another little ice age.â€

Later in the show, the TV preacher laughed and noted that the Russian-flagged ship Akademik Shokalskiy had been stuck in ice near Antarctica while trying to research global warming.

“There’s just one problem,†he said. “The Earth isn’t getting warmer. In fact, it’s because of the Sun. The Sun is now showing signs that we’re headed for something very, very different: global cooling.â€

“It’s getting warmer in Jupiter, and they don’t have any SUVs driving around in Jupiter,†Robertson explained. “I mean, it has nothing to do with greenhouse gasses. It has to do with the axis of the Sun.â€

Co-host Terry Meeuwsen said that she found it hard to believe that so few international climate scientists were willing to speak out against the consensus opinion that global warming was real.

“Think of how much money is involved. It’s money! They are going to get a river of money,†Robertson opined. “The progressives always want control. Just like this health care initiative. They want control.â€

Watch this video from CBN’s The 700 Club, broadcast Jan. 7, 2013.

How do you KNOW there's no SUVs on Jupiter? Were you THERE? :lol:

(it works for the anti-evolution people...)

First, man-made global warming is only relevant to the Earth's climate, since there are no humans on any other planet. Secondly, Jupiter is a gas giant, so it's climate will automatically be completely different than that of Earth. The outer edges of Jupiter around around -145 C, while the core is more than 35,500 C. These extreme temperatures have nothing to do with the Sun's axis, but with the planet's internal convection system.

First, man-made global warming is only relevant to the Earth's climate, since there are no humans on any other planet. Secondly, Jupiter is a gas giant, so it's climate will automatically be completely different than that of Earth. The outer edges of Jupiter around around -145 C, while the core is more than 35,500 C. These extreme temperatures have nothing to do with the Sun's axis, but with the planet's internal convection system.

So you hate SUV's?

I wish I'd known climate science was so rolling in cash before I chose a career in petrochemical engineering!

How do you KNOW there's no SUVs on Jupiter? Were you THERE? :lol:

(it works for the anti-evolution people...)

Pat is so far out there, he might actually be on Jupiter now.

Co-host Terry Meeuwsen said that she found it hard to believe that so few international climate scientists were willing to speak out against the consensus opinion that global warming was real.

Reminds me of the patient who said to me "All you damn doctors come in here telling me the same thing. How can you all be so wrong?"

Whenever you have a group of doctors or scientists who actually agree on something, chances are it's probably right.

Pat is so far out there, he might actually be on Jupiter now.

...which maybe explains where all the hot air is coming from!!!1!1!!

It's so weird for me to think of planets as "living" and changing objects as opposed to just big rocks :lol: I spent my elementary years on the Space Coast forced to go on tons of awesome space center field trips....from which I obviously retained lots of knowledge. Sigh.

But at least I don't think global warming is a myth!

I only wonder if global warming is a myth when Michigan hits -20f and gets a 3 day long blizzard.

Get ready for more. Apparently the weird behavior of the jetstream which caused the polar vortex to slip down is probably due to global warming.

I think he needs to look at Venus instead of Jupiter. IIRC, Venus is more similar to Earth than Jupiter is, and I believe also suffers from the greenhouse effect. (Been a long time since I read any astronomy, though.) Gas giants are totally =/= to rocky planets. But then, we shouldn't hope for logic and reason from Pat.

Polar Vortex sounds like it should be the name of the next SyFy channel creation. Hey, maybe it already was! :P

I'm pretty sure (even with my limited/nonexistant scientific knowledge) that the difference between Jupiter and Earth encompasses a whole lot more than SUVs, and whether you want to call it global warming or global cooling, can we all agree that any marked trending difference in the earth's temperature (in either direction) might not be such a good thing. Just recycle the damn Coke can! If nothing else, it will reduce the amount of space needed for garbage dumps. Are he and his followers really that lazy?

Polar Vortex sounds like it should be the name of the next SyFy channel creation. Hey, maybe it already was! :P

I'm pretty sure (even with my limited/nonexistant scientific knowledge) that the difference between Jupiter and Earth encompasses a whole lot more than SUVs, and whether you want to call it global warming or global cooling, can we all agree that any marked trending difference in the earth's temperature (in either direction) might not be such a good thing. Just recycle the damn Coke can! If nothing else, it will reduce the amount of space needed for garbage dumps. Are he and his followers really that lazy?

Maybe, but more importantly the right is very heavily indebted to the petrochemical industry. If we actually get people to switch to renewable, lower emission fuel sources, they will lose tons of money.

A lot of them really don't care because they buy into the idea that they are going to be raptured very shortly. There is no point in them taking the extra time to do something for the earth because God is just going to destroy it soon.

A lot of them really don't care because they buy into the idea that they are going to be raptured very shortly. There is no point in them taking the extra time to do something for the earth because God is just going to destroy it soon.

Lovely. I guess my heathen self deserves nothing better than a post-apocalyptic wasteland filled with piles of decaying garbage and polluted, undrinkable water, where we’ll have to fight with the cockroaches (which will have grown to unusual size )for the last remaining twinkies. Living on top of all the other lost souls because the rise in sea level has claimed most of the land. Only being able to go outside during the night because the sun has become too strong due to destruction of the ozone layer. Having to use a gas mask to breathe. Oh, and there will probably be zombies. Hmmm – I think I may need to lay off the SyFy channel for a bit… :)

Maybe, but more importantly the right is very heavily indebted to the petrochemical industry. If we actually get people to switch to renewable, lower emission fuel sources, they will lose tons of money.

Honestly whenever either side mentions Al Gore or uses unsubstantiated percentages to prove who does or doesn't agree, I block it out. :lol:

My pet peeve is this: it is not "global warming" it is "global climate change". The result of this change will extremes of weather and weather patterns that are new and different i.e. more droughts,floods, heat waves and "polar vortices" are in our future.

My pet peeve is this: it is not "global warming" it is "global climate change". The result of this change will extremes of weather and weather patterns that are new and different i.e. more droughts,floods, heat waves and "polar vortices" are in our future.

Its so complicated as to what is a normal climate occurrence & what isn't. If it's all anthropogenic or partly natural. The complexity annoys me A LOT because I distrust the media & prefer to do my own research. It also annoys me that deniers have re-named themselves sceptics, so somebody who is genuinely just sceptical of everything like moi gets lumped in with the crazies.

I never got the "we will be raptured soon" ideology when it comes to not recycling etc, I mean of you believe God gave you this earth to live on, then wouldn't he be more likely to rapture those who looked after it?

A landlord doesn't give you a round the world cruise for trashing their house.

I never got the "we will be raptured soon" ideology when it comes to not recycling etc, I mean of you believe God gave you this earth to live on, then wouldn't he be more likely to rapture those who looked after it?

A landlord doesn't give you a round the world cruise for trashing their house.

So true, even if you think climate change is BS. How can anybody possibly think that pollution & using up non renewable energy sources is okay? The earth is glorious & beautiful, it needs to remain that way.

This too. Not only in English either.

So true, even if you think climate change is BS. How can anybody possibly think that pollution & using up non renewable energy sources is okay? The earth is glorious & beautiful, it needs to remain that way.

I haven't the faintest, but I have some relatives (by marriage! ha! but thankfully The Husband is the black sheep and not agreeing with them) who seem to think that they're going to somehow Stick It To Those Libruls or something, by purposely refusing to recycle. They laugh that hahahaha, well, all those greenies recycling but hey we're just gonna throw out extra!

Makes no sense to me, even from a purely thrift standpoint.

The renewable energy thing, too - something that kinda bugs me is just how much plastic is wasted on packaging that no consumers actually want (I get how the STORE sometimes wants it, but I think there are alternatives) and on really stupid things like fake credit cards in junk mail.

Regardless of the global warming thing, we know that fermented dinosaur juice is a limited commodity. We know that at least currently, things like jet airliners and container ships don't run so well on anything else, and so it's vital to our economy right now.

...so maybe it makes sense to use it for the stuff that people actually want and need it for (those jet airliners and container ships, and partly for cars although it seems cars are starting to convert) and not basically just pump tons of it directly into landfills in the form of UNWANTED plastic?? :P

WANTED plastic is something else, people can argue over, but... seriously, I shouldn't need a can opener to get my widget out of the package, and I really, REALLY don't need anymore fake credit cards in the mail. Really. I don't.

I haven't the faintest, but I have some relatives (by marriage! ha! but thankfully The Husband is the black sheep and not agreeing with them) who seem to think that they're going to somehow Stick It To Those Libruls or something, by purposely refusing to recycle. They laugh that hahahaha, well, all those greenies recycling but hey we're just gonna throw out extra!

Makes no sense to me, even from a purely thrift standpoint.

A few years ago, when one of the big topics was a required increase in fuel efficiency, I heard and read a lot of comments like that. They didn't come right out and say it, but the strong implication was that "the damn government can't tell me to save gas, I'll drive faster or whatever just to prove I can do it." Along with lots of whining and bitching about the government forcing the car companies to improve gas mileage, of course, because they were doing just fine on their own.

The illogic of it all made my brain hurt. I'm driving a smallish car that gets decent mileage (but lots of road noise, sadly). DH's brothers all (except one) commute in trucks, even the ones who drive 50+ miles a day. And then there's the one who needs a Suburban-sized tank because they have two kids, and has owned a variety of trucks, big-ass RVs, Explorers, Suburbans, and conversion vans. I bite my tongue and don't point out that our big vacation when I was a kid was a family trip from Missouri to Colorado - 2 adults, 2 kids - in a Ford Pinto.

But then, DH's family would consider me a tree-hugging wood-hippie, and would likely disown me if they knew who I voted for. :shock:

I don't understand why anyone would be against fuel efficient vehicles. Do they like spending more money on gas? These are the same idiots that shop at Walmart because they can get something 50 cents cheaper than they can at their local mom and pop shop. And yet, they complain when car companies try to save them money through better engineering. Seriously, I wonder about the mental capacity of some conservatives in this country.

Archived