IGNORED

Will the fundies finally give up Apple products?

bettertomarry

freedomoutpost.com/2013/12/apple-perverts-targeting-kids-age-12-new-lgbt-social-app-distinc-tt/

The app isn't actually created by Apple but is being offered through the iTunes store, but who cares about things like truth and factual reporting when "Apple is in the process of bartering for the souls of America".

To add insult to injury, according to this article iTunes no longer offers the Exodus International app. "Satan’s assault on the world is made plain through the homosexual agenda. Good is called evil, and evil good, and the lie is working."

Edited for spelling and to break link.

I think most fundies will keep their apple products. I thought that blog entry was a bit ridiculous since you like said, Apple didn't create that app. Fundies could switch to Microsoft products, but again Bill Gates supports LGBT rights.

I doubt they will. They're too lazy to. And Smugz would never give up his iPhone

This. They're too lazy. It's easy to boycott Home Depot, when there's Lowes right across the street. It's easy to boycott JcPenny's since there's Macys's, etc. right next door.

Fundies are lazy, for the most part. They won't give up anything that can't be conveniently replaced.

Interesting. ... I've actually seen some fundie/weirdo conspiracy websites contest that Apple is evil and the apple logo represents the apple in the garden of Eden. Because it has a bite out of it its evil.

I always thought it had more of an "apple for teacher" connotation.

They only take time to throw their support to places that outwardly blast same-sex/human rights/anything remotely decent. Ie, the explosion of pictures on Chic Fil A day.

Interesting. ... I've actually seen some fundie/weirdo conspiracy websites contest that Apple is evil and the apple logo represents the apple in the garden of Eden. Because it has a bite out of it its evil.

I always thought it had more of an "apple for teacher" connotation.

That CT must be from the same folks who thought that Proctor and Gamble was Satanic because of its logo back in the 80s.

They'll never do anything that requires real hardship and effort on their part. Fundies are more talk than action, every time.

Obviously fundies haven't read up on Steve Jobs. There is a very simple reason he named the company Apple. He liked apples. It was the summer of 1976 and Jobs was working on an Oregon farm that had apple trees. He was a fruitarian at the time and considered apples the perfect food. There's nothing satanic about it.

ETA: the Genesis account of Adam does not specify "apple". It just says fruit.

I read the pomegranate interpretation as well, although part of me wonders if that is some crossover with the Persephone myth.

Archived