IGNORED

Judge orders man to write 'boys do not hit girls'

doggie

Really this judge needs to go find a uninhabited island and live the rest of his worthless life away from people. pretty soon he will be slapping them on the wrist and calling it good.

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/viewar ... hit-girls-

BILLINGS — The Montana judge who said a teen rape victim appeared “older than her chronological age†has sentenced a man convicted of punching his girlfriend to write “Boys do not hit girls†5,000 times.

District Judge G. Todd Baugh also sentenced Pacer Anthony Ferguson, 27, to six months in jail and to pay $3,800 in restitution for fracturing the woman’s face in three places during an August 2012 argument.

The judge ordered Ferguson on Monday to number the list, sign it and mail it to him by May 23, The Billings Gazette reported.

Baugh set off a public furor when he made the comment about the 14-year-old rape victim and sentenced her teacher-rapist to only a month in prison. The state is appealing the sentence and women’s groups are calling for Baugh’s removal from the bench.

A jury earlier this month convicted Ferguson of misdemeanor assault, but acquitted him of felony aggravated assault and felony witness tampering after he admitted in court to punching the woman.

A surgeon implanted a permanent mesh titanium plate in the victim’s face to repair the damage. The woman testified that she still suffers double vision when she looks up or down and that she has occasional pain and numbness in her face.

Ferguson also appeared Monday in a separate hearing before District Judge Gregory R. Todd for a hearing on a sentence for a felony attempted robbery in 2003.

In that case, Ferguson attempted to rob a man at knife point in a Walmart parking lot, according to court records.

Todd ruled that Ferguson violated the terms of his release for the 2003 robbery multiple times, including with the assault on the woman.

Todd revoked Ferguson’s prior sentence and ordered him to spend eight years in the Montana State Prison to run concurrent to his sentence for the assault.

Chief Deputy Yellowstone County Attorney Juli M. Pierce said after the hearing that she respects the two sentences the judges gave Ferguson.

Really this judge needs to go find a uninhabited island and live the rest of his worthless life away from people. pretty soon he will be slapping them on the wrist and calling it good.

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/viewar ... hit-girls-

BILLINGS — The Montana judge who said a teen rape victim appeared “older than her chronological age†has sentenced a man convicted of punching his girlfriend to write “Boys do not hit girls†5,000 times.

District Judge G. Todd Baugh also sentenced Pacer Anthony Ferguson, 27, to six months in jail and to pay $3,800 in restitution for fracturing the woman’s face in three places during an August 2012 argument.

The judge ordered Ferguson on Monday to number the list, sign it and mail it to him by May 23, The Billings Gazette reported.

Baugh set off a public furor when he made the comment about the 14-year-old rape victim and sentenced her teacher-rapist to only a month in prison. The state is appealing the sentence and women’s groups are calling for Baugh’s removal from the bench.

A jury earlier this month convicted Ferguson of misdemeanor assault, but acquitted him of felony aggravated assault and felony witness tampering after he admitted in court to punching the woman.

A surgeon implanted a permanent mesh titanium plate in the victim’s face to repair the damage. The woman testified that she still suffers double vision when she looks up or down and that she has occasional pain and numbness in her face.

Ferguson also appeared Monday in a separate hearing before District Judge Gregory R. Todd for a hearing on a sentence for a felony attempted robbery in 2003.

In that case, Ferguson attempted to rob a man at knife point in a Walmart parking lot, according to court records.

Todd ruled that Ferguson violated the terms of his release for the 2003 robbery multiple times, including with the assault on the woman.

Todd revoked Ferguson’s prior sentence and ordered him to spend eight years in the Montana State Prison to run concurrent to his sentence for the assault.

Chief Deputy Yellowstone County Attorney Juli M. Pierce said after the hearing that she respects the two sentences the judges gave Ferguson.

The maximum sentence for a misdemeanor is a 12 months so I'm not sure that this sentence is out of line. I'd need to know if they have sentencing guidelines etc for misdemeanors to know that. While the injuries sound horrific, there has to be more to the story if the jury acquitted him. At the end of the day, he's going to prison for 8 years and has to pay restitution so I'm not nearly as upset as I was in his earlier case - and it seems the prosecutors are good with it too.

The maximum sentence for a misdemeanor is a 12 months so I'm not sure that this sentence is out of line. I'd need to know if they have sentencing guidelines etc for misdemeanors to know that. While the injuries sound horrific, there has to be more to the story if the jury acquitted him. At the end of the day, he's going to prison for 8 years and has to pay restitution so I'm not nearly as upset as I was in his earlier case - and it seems the prosecutors are good with it too.

The 8 years in prison is because he broke parole.

Another article said the judge sentenced him to "the maximum, 6 months"

If this is the maximum sentence he can impart, then I am not sure where the outrage is in this one. The issue is in the sentencing guidelines, not the judge. Adding on that inane exercise seems just in this case. Silly, but it does give the perpetrator an extra dose of punishment.

The judge also walked back from his statements about the girl in the previous case

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/12 ... times?lite

Of course, what was said cannot be changed and it was ON THE RECORD and beyond awful. But I don't see how making that stupid, wrong comment and giving the abuser the maximum sentence combined with that exercise are related. I am glad he ordered victim restitution and the exercise for the abuser, along with the max, because it adds a layer of shame and punishment on what is a ridiculous maximum sentence.

Archived