IGNORED

Who pays for One Ton Ramp classes?

quinoa

The desperately poor Lockwoods, that's who.

lockwoodfamilytomexico.com/2013/10/1-minute-update.html

Remember Jaynie Lockwood, who had to have an emergency hysterectomy in Mexico? The family never seems to have enough money, and the children are often ill or injured. They recently stopped at an ATM to take out the rest of their money for a Thanksgiving meal and bills (according to a more recent blog post), but somehow they paid for their teenaged son to take overpriced fake computer classes from the Maxwells.

I feel bad for Jaynie. She seems nice, but completely overwhelmed by the results of her husband's life choices. I suspect those kids could have used something more along the lines of basic necessities rather than One Ton Ramp, though.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just looking through their blog. This woman use to post all the time on the maxwell blog. One post she talked about how 1 of her kids didn't speak & he was almost 2 years old.

I saw the francia white family (child:Heistheway) signed up and did it. They had all their little kids doing it. Goal is self sufficiency. I think the dad is currently a cop or something.

The "miracle of the found money" was a very strange story. One of their sons just happens to find enough money for Thanksgiving dinner in a vacant field? Hopefully, he wasn't the one who took it in the first place.

It doesn't sound like it was a huge amount, otherwise I'd be worried it was drug money or something.

How do these people get their money (well besides finding it in fields)? Does a church back in the states support them?

I'd feel guilty taking money from these people if I were the Maxwells.

since when do Christians feel guilty about taking money from other Christians even if they are poor? Their classes are geared towards ripping other Christians off.

Oh dear, the Lockwoods. Why are they paying for that useless computer training. :cry:

Way back when she had the hysterectomy and we were concerned they both came and posted on FJ. They were actually very pleasant and appreciated our concern for Jaynie.

Then they told us that they were praying for us because we were all obviously deeply hurt, damaged and bitter women! :whistle:

When you have to take all your money out of the bank to pay for bills then you shouldn't be wasting it on a computer class that consists of stuff you can learn for free. These people need to learn better money management.

So she can't think of anyway that the money could get stolen, and then one kid just found money scattered all over an abandoned field? And none of the other kids saw any money? That is a strange story.

since when do Christians feel guilty about taking money from other Christians even if they are poor? Their classes are geared towards ripping other Christians off.

Wow! That' s quite the broad brushstroke there! :shock:

I am not a Lockwood fan. They are extremely anti Catholic and are trying to convert the "heathens" in Mexico. from their false religion ( Catholicism)....I do feel sorry for her and her children though. She seems so overwhelmed and tired all of the time. What is scary is that she would have had more, as if 12 isn't enough under those circumstances?

I am not a Lockwood fan. They are extremely anti Catholic and are trying to convert the "heathens" in Mexico. from their false religion ( Catholicism)....I do feel sorry for her and her children though. She seems so overwhelmed and tired all of the time. What is scary is that she would have had more, as if 12 isn't enough under those circumstances?

That is horrible that they do that. Have they gotten a lot of people to convert?

The "miracle of the found money" was a very strange story. One of their sons just happens to find enough money for Thanksgiving dinner in a vacant field? Hopefully, he wasn't the one who took it in the first place.

It doesn't sound like it was a huge amount, otherwise I'd be worried it was drug money or something.

How do these people get their money (well besides finding it in fields)? Does a church back in the states support them?

This just pinged my mommy bullshit meter.

I was just looking through their blog. This woman use to post all the time on the maxwell blog. One post she talked about how 1 of her kids didn't speak & he was almost 2 years old.

I don't think that's paticularly late is it? My daughter has several age mates (she'll be 2 next month) who are only just starting to say a few words. I think everyone develops at different ages and some kids don't talk much until they're quite old.

That is horrible that they do that. Have they gotten a lot of people to convert?

I don't remember if it was the Duggars or some other family doing mission work in Central America, but according to whoever-it-was, the heathens they are trying to convert are not devout Catholics but non-practicing Catholics who don't attend any church regularly.

I'm not saying I buy into this, but that's how some fundies explain their attempts to convert people who are already Christians.

One Ton Ramp is a ripoff. It's one thing for people to help you out when yo have a computer problem. But, if you desire actual computer knowledge and training, your best bet is community college classes or a certified training center.

One Ton Ramp is a ripoff. It's one thing for people to help you out when yo have a computer problem. But, if you desire actual computer knowledge and training, your best bet is community college classes or a certified training center.

Well sure, but the big draw of One Ton Ramp is that you don't have to associate with the ungodly peeps who haunt such evil places. No, with One Ton you "accomplish this in a Christ-centered learning environment without having to ingest humanistic, ungodly information in pursuit of a career or diploma." Because I'm so sure that when you attend a community college computer course you're being subjected to subliminal messages commanding you to do drugs, have orgies and pray to satan.

Interesting that lynda.com, where you can learn just about anything, is now being offered at public libraries, so you can log on for free. But we all know what evil places libraries are. :roll:

Well sure, but the big draw of One Ton Ramp is that you don't have to associate with the ungodly peeps who haunt such evil places. No, with One Ton you "accomplish this in a Christ-centered learning environment without having to ingest humanistic, ungodly information in pursuit of a career or diploma." Because I'm so sure that when you attend a community college computer course you're being subjected to subliminal messages commanding you to do drugs, have orgies and pray to satan.

Interesting that lynda.com, where you can learn just about anything, is now being offered at public libraries, so you can log on for free. But we all know what evil places libraries are. :roll:

Your post just made me realize, though - they maybe fear a non-Christ-centered environment at the community colleges, but I'll bet what they really fear is their kids being surrounded by regular ambitious kids who are in it either to prepare for even more higher education (transfer to 4-year school) or heaven forbid a CAREER or JOB where they intend to EARN MONEY. They might even encounter the horrors of a JOB FAIR.

Archived