IGNORED

Do the godly thing and keep women out of sports!

antares

Yes, Mr. Jonas, women have only been participating in sports for the past fifty years, that's why the Olympics only had women competitors since the fifties... oh wait, no. Women have been competing in the Olympics since 1900.

If women's sports were such an issue, you think that Jesus or Paul might have mentioned them, even once. Apparently Biblical doctrine just boils down to "I, Scott, think that sports are unfeminine. God wants women to be unfeminine. Therefore, women shouldn't play sports." By that deductive reasoning, every man can make his own Godly declarations.

The masculine uniforms and sweaty bodies aren’t very attractive, either.

Believe it or not, women don't consider it their job to be perpetually attractive to men. Sometimes we want to relax in our pjs or walk around with out a fake smile plastered on our face or play sweaty sports.

For quite a long time, women resisted the feminist call to play sports, since they just weren’t interested like men were.

Yup. Women just weren't interested. All women much prefer to sit around knitting and sewing and cooking, while men like to be out and about wrestling with other men.

Guess that means I'm not a woman. But my vagina is still attached so I'm really confused.

Those darn feminists. They managed to brainwash so many women into playing sports with their insidious equal-funding propaganda. If your daughter wants to use her body aggressively in any way, it's not because she ACTUALLY wants to. It's because of feminism!

Somehow I managed to want to be sporty growing up in spite of the fact that I grew up fundie, hearing messages like this. I didn't meet a feminist or read anything produced by feminists until much later. Cooking and cleaning? BORRRING. Who the crap would want to do that for fun? Running around playing defense with other boys and girls? So much more interesting.

I am not a feminist because I was brainwashed by feminists. I'm a feminist because in spite of the fact that I was brainwashed to think I should just want to be domestic and cute, it went against everything in my real personality.

Women have been playing sports since antiquity. Ancient Greek women had their own Olympic games, and Spartan women in particular were famous for being strong and athletic. Noble European women have been engaged in horseback riding, hunting, and falconry since the Middle Ages. All girls schools in the Victorian and Edwardian eras offered sports.

Archived