IGNORED

Homophobia = gay men cheating on their wives

2xx1xy1JD

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/08/opini ... davidowitz

The next time you hear some argument about how society is going to hell because the "gay lifestyle" is now more tolerated, remember this data.

Homophobia doesn't stop men from being gay (this article didn't deal with lesbians). It does, however, stop many of them from coming out in a public way. Those men aren't living celibate lives. Men in less tolerant areas still have gay sex, but internet searches show that they are more likely to look for casual, anonymous partners. Some will also marry women - and the rate of women searching "Is my husband gay?" is higher in more homophobic states.

I have to say that the "at least people used to be ashamed enough to hide it!" argument is just bizarre to me. If you are genuinely committed to family values, you should be opposed to anything that is more likely to cause divorce and broken families.

This just makes me angry. As people have commented on, I think it is Lori and SSM whose husbands have cheated, this is putting the wife in danger. Even if the man uses condoms, there is still a risk of STI and STDs- and the wife has no idea. Poor women.

Archived