IGNORED

Paul Crouch is dead

SPHASH

And what is the first line of his grandson's tribute? "He was an incredible businessman..."

That tells you all you need to know. Oh, except for the gay sex scandal.

And what is the first line of his grandson's tribute? "He was an incredible businessman..."

That tells you all you need to know. Oh, except for the gay sex scandal.

It really says something when you type in "Paul Crouch scandal" and you get options for different years in which to search.

I first came across Paul and Jesus Jan when I was working in LA from the UK for a few months about ten years ago. I never realised that tele-evangelism exsisted and watched in disbelief and snarked at Jan's chicken story and the pink hair.

In the UK we only had quite traditional Chrisitan programming such as 'Songs of Praise' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Songs_of_Praise

Did a bit more research back in the UK and came across the late Tammey Faye, who seems to be labelled with the Crouch's as she too set up TBN. But as her son continues her legacy - she out reached to gay people and had guys living with HIV on PTL way back in the early '80's. A true maverick.

From what I've read online and seen on TBN Europe, Jesus Jan has been living separately or divorced from Paul for years. She apparently runs the TBN theme park in Florida and is having sweat fellowship with the actor that plays Jesus at the park.

They just fleased vulnerable people to give them money in the name of salvation and this whole notion of solving debts to live their lavish lifestyle.

I wonder what Stevie Maxwell would make of Jan!1!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Eyes_of_Tammy_Faye is worth a watch....

You know what's strange about all these faith healers/health and wealth teachers?

They all eventually die.

If it worked the way they claim, they really ought to be immortal, and healthy for eternity. hm.

I first came across Paul and Jesus Jan when I was working in LA from the UK for a few months about ten years ago. I never realised that tele-evangelism exsisted and watched in disbelief and snarked at Jan's chicken story and the pink hair.

In the UK we only had quite traditional Chrisitan programming such as 'Songs of Praise' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Songs_of_Praise

Did a bit more research back in the UK and came across the late Tammey Faye, who seems to be labelled with the Crouch's as she too set up TBN. But as her son continues her legacy - she out reached to gay people and had guys living with HIV on PTL way back in the early '80's. A true maverick.

From what I've read online and seen on TBN Europe, Jesus Jan has been living separately or divorced from Paul for years. She apparently runs the TBN theme park in Florida and is having sweat fellowship with the actor that plays Jesus at the park.

They just fleased vulnerable people to give them money in the name of salvation and this whole notion of solving debts to live their lavish lifestyle.

I wonder what Stevie Maxwell would make of Jan!1!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Eyes_of_Tammy_Faye is worth a watch....

I so wish that this whole interview was still up on Youtube. It is beautiful-- no "love the sinner, hate the sin," no condemnation at all.

This was 1985, people! It took amazing strength for her to stand up for what was right. And I can also recall watching Tammy and Jim set up their AIDS home/hospice on PTL. They went in there with the cameras and Tammy would crawl into bed with these guys and hold them. She was just a wonderful, loving person.

(Oh, and by the way, the man in this video, Steve Pieters, is still alive and well :))

I watched him and Jan a lot growing up. I know they're not great people and I'm not defending them, but I actually kind of like Jan just for her unapologetic over-the-top look. I think her story is that she grew up with really strict modesty rules--no makeup or jewelry and all that--and now that she doesn't believe it's sinful anymore she just likes her makeup and big hair. Nothing wrong with that. :lol:

r8lcHgW.png

I used to watch TBN for sport WAY too much. Now it's just an occasional hobby.

But I'm glad Paul died in his body instead of being raptured because one time he was talking about what it would be like to fly up to heaven with his clothes falling off and really, the image of Paul and his bits zooming in the airspace was always a bit scary.

As to Jan, one time she had her plastic surgeon on, advising women on what work to have done. She is a combo of horror and wonder to me.

Tee Bee Ehnnn is comedy gold, until I remember that people actually hand over their $$ for their lies.

johnhugh, we have the God Channel, which is TBN by another name, I think :) I spent part of this weekend explaining the prosperity gospel to my brother after he stumbled across the God Channel - he was *not* impressed :lol:

I watched him and Jan a lot growing up. I know they're not great people and I'm not defending them, but I actually kind of like Jan just for her unapologetic over-the-top look. I think her story is that she grew up with really strict modesty rules--no makeup or jewelry and all that--and now that she doesn't believe it's sinful anymore she just likes her makeup and big hair. Nothing wrong with that. :lol:

r8lcHgW.png

I always called Jan "Our Lady of Scary Hair". Never thought anyone could out do Dolly.

I was recently in Dallas, I am SO disappointed that I didn't get a tour of the TBN headquarters. It was already decorated for Christmas (before Thanksgiving) with the following written in lights on the facade: Happy Birthday Jesus!!!

Whenever I see a picture of Jan Crouch, all I can think is how long it is going to take to clean all of that cotton candy off of her head.

Archived