IGNORED

"Thank you God for my sucessful hunting trip"

TrueRebel1

So.... it's that time of year when popping up all over my facebook feed and Christmas newsletters, my friends are saying things like "I am so grateful to God for helping me find this buck to shoot", or "God blessed us with an awesome hunting trip and we got a record Elk Bull!".

Now, let me just say that I support hunting and am have hunted in the past. I don't have a problem with the actual hunting!

I can't lay my finger on what exactly bothers me about those statements, but it just hits me the wrong way. You know, I wouldn't post on FB "God blessed me with a job today and I was able to buy 5 lbs of beef for dinner!" Even though, yeah, I am thankful for everyday that I have work and can afford to buy food! And I'd be thankful if I got a freezer full of venison after a hunting trip. But it's not something that you share with everyone. Maybe it seems arrogant to be like "God helped me win! I got the biggest and best deer!"???

Well humans are giving thanks to some divinity for their succes in hunting since prehistoric times,there isnt much difference between their words in facebook wall and the paintings in the cave wall hundreds of years ago.

Reminds me of a televised Texas chili cook-off which began with a prayer that the "judges would judge wisely." WTF?

Well humans are giving thanks to some divinity for their succes in hunting since prehistoric times,there isnt much difference between their words in facebook wall and the paintings in the cave wall hundreds of years ago.

Exactly what I was thinking. This sort of behavior is a relic from the past. God created earth and animals an we must be thankful for the gifts or bad things will happen.

I think it's a bit of a religious over-share, but I guess I'd rather have that sort of humbleness over "I'm the manliest of manly men and I killed all the deer cause I'm fucking awesome and full of testosterone!!!!11!!1!!!1"

Archived