IGNORED

NieNie's holiday gift to us...

bionicmlle

So NieNie is posting interviews her children did about "Things they know" - basically their "testimonies." Claire's was last week and I found it so mechanical it was disturbing - if it was taken down just as she said it. I also found this typo from today very interesting:

Last week I posted Claire's simple testimony of what she knows.

For the next few days, I will post the rest of the Little Nie's decelerations.

{As well as mine and Mr, Nielson's}.

nieniedialogues.blogspot.com

I'm still scratching my head about her previous posts about her skin "graphs". Too bad NieNie isn't doing another homemade product review scam like she did a couple of years back. I predict we will get another video of a Christmas theme photoshoot by Justin Hackworth.

I'm still scratching my head about her previous posts about her skin "graphs". Too bad NieNie isn't doing another homemade product review scam like she did a couple of years back. I predict we will get another video of a Christmas theme photoshoot by Justin Hackworth.

Yes!! That typo ALWAYS bothers me. You'd think after all of the skin surgery she has had she would know it is a GRAFT, not a graph….

Yes!! That typo ALWAYS bothers me. You'd think after all of the skin surgery she has had she would know it is a GRAFT, not a graph….

It bothers me for the same reasons you stated. I can understand someone who has never had burn injuries mistaking graft for graph. With NieNie, she has undergone various surgeries and I'm sure she has been given stuff like surgery prep documents and medical records which would have the words "skin graft" in them. I sometimes wonder if lets her manly man husband take care of all her medical records and maybe she doesn't read stuff. I haven't been keeping with her blog lately, didn't she have to get one of her fingers amputated?

Nienie's last stunt - making her kids proselytize for Mormonism - is really distasteful to me. Be as religious as you like, Nienie, educate your children in your religion, but don't draw them into your missionary goals. I don't think they have a real choice, and they are too young to decide for themselves what their religious convictions are.

Nienie's last stunt - making her kids proselytize for Mormonism - is really distasteful to me. Be as religious as you like, Nienie, educate your children in your religion, but don't draw them into your missionary goals. I don't think they have a real choice, and they are too young to decide for themselves what their religious convictions are.

My guess is that she's going to force her children to go on Mormon missions as soon as they're old enough. Even the girls won't have a choice in whether or not to go on a mission.

I know one of Nie's sister went on one, but I get the feeling that Nie won't let the girls on missions. I see Claire as Nie Jr. and I bet she is already planning to marry at 19 or 20.

My guess is that she's going to force her children to go on Mormon missions as soon as they're old enough. Even the girls won't have a choice in whether or not to go on a mission.

I'm not sure, NieNie herself didn't go a mission and I have the feeling she'd prefer her children to stay close to her and get married soon.

I wonder how close they will stay to Mormonism when they grow up.

I believe Nie married at 19 or 20 and back then the age was 21 for women to do missions. I also think Nie would have been miserable if she had done a mission. She always given the impression that enjoys being spoiled by her family.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like the Nielsons built a new home and are moving. Who knew blogging was so lucrative??? (oh, and insurance sales) If I remember correctly, her sister bought them their current home so perhaps they have been saving since the accident?

Agree w/ u. I feel that way for any religion.

Supposedly there is more pressure on women to serve a mission these days since they changed the minimum age from 21 to 19.

Almost equal to the men at 18.

Looks like the Nielsons built a new home and are moving. Who knew blogging was so lucrative??? (oh, and insurance sales) If I remember correctly, her sister bought them their current home so perhaps they have been saving since the accident?

Didn't they also get a settlement of some sort from the plane crash?

Didn't they also get a settlement of some sort from the plane crash?

I don't know if they got a settlement but there has been online speculation that they did based on a court records which said something about the defendants being advised to settle. I might sound like a huge bitch, but I think the lawsuits they filed against the city of St.John's and the power company were bullshit. I think Christian and the flight instructor were mostly to blame combined with the mechanical problems. I'm starting to think they did get a settlement based on the recent construction of the McNieMansion. I don't know how well her book has sold, but some of the bloggers who have written books have said that they aren't making huge royalties. I think Nie might be making low six figures through the blog.

I don't know if they got a settlement but there has been online speculation that they did based on a court records which said something about the defendants being advised to settle. I might sound like a huge bitch, but I think the lawsuits they filed against the city of St.John's and the power company were bullshit. I think Christian and the flight instructor were mostly to blame combined with the mechanical problems. I'm starting to think they did get a settlement based on the recent construction of the McNieMansion. I don't know how well her book has sold, but some of the bloggers who have written books have said that they aren't making huge royalties. I think Nie might be making low six figures through the blog.

Low six figures??! That is HUGE! I need to blog...

Low six figures??! That is HUGE! I need to blog...

The low six figures has been speculated by many online readers. I have to agree with that speculation. Despite a lot of the shit she has said and done over the years, she has managed to retain some loyal fans who give her clicks. I never read her blog before the plane crash and I only started reading it in 2011. I've read up on the crash and some of the stuff that happened before and after. I still wonder how she got a big online following prior to the crash. She and her family weren't living an extremely exciting life and she doesn't come off as likable in many of the postings from the early years of her blog.

The low six figures has been speculated by many online readers. I have to agree with that speculation. Despite a lot of the shit she has said and done over the years, she has managed to retain some loyal fans who give her clicks. I never read her blog before the plane crash and I only started reading it in 2011. I've read up on the crash and some of the stuff that happened before and after. I still wonder how she got a big online following prior to the crash. She and her family weren't living an extremely exciting life and she doesn't come off as likable in many of the postings from the early years of her blog.

Yeah, but a couple hundred thousand dollars a year! And she is not likable now or then....

I wonder how many of her followers are the LDS faithful? It seems that, if you're blogging to collect clicks, you're at a huge advantage if you're already a member of a community, and the LDS community already has a huge number of bored housewives who are more than willing to follow other LDS housewives 'perfect' lives.

I wonder how many of her followers are the LDS faithful? It seems that, if you're blogging to collect clicks, you're at a huge advantage if you're already a member of a community, and the LDS community already has a huge number of bored housewives who are more than willing to follow other LDS housewives 'perfect' lives.

Also the factor that Mormons are expected to journal, so blogging is an extension of that. Also why you get a lot of the other "perfect" Mormon Mommy blogs. Love Taza comes to mind.

If you look at her instagram, you will see her fellow Mormons commenting and asking if the Nielsons are going to ever speak at their wards. You will see tons of comments like "I read about you in LDS Living Magazine and you are so inspirational". I have seen several Mormon mommy bloggers talk about Nie and a lot of the Mormon mommy blogs are often ways to showcase "perfect Mormon family lives". One of the Mormon mommy bloggers I follow posted several months back about how she finds it weird that Nie never questions her religion. Some Mormons do dislike Nie.

I would say the majority of her fanbase are Mormons. There was a woman on Instagram that was always defending Nie and out of curiosity I looked at her IG page which had a link to her blog and the woman is a devout Catholic living in Italy. I had to laugh at that because Nie is known for hating Catholics and she bitched about them quite a bit during the years her family lived in New Jersey. I haven't read Nie's book, but one of the incidents in the book that has mentioned online was when Nie threw a Virgin Mary statue in the trash. We all know if someone had thrown a Mormon related statue in the trash, Nie would have bitched about it. I might sound cruel, but some of her non Mormon defenders are idiots. They don't realize that Nie would never give them the time of day.

• 2 weeks later...

She seems to be in testimonial mode again.

Now it's a long post from January 10 on how she loves everybody but has a "roll" in Mormon life to play and therefore does not have to condone other people's lifestyle choices.

It's totally à propos of nothing and I can only wonder if a big discussion about gay marriage is going on among the Mormons.

She writes: "I have heard it said that people think that being good, having a family, and following moral rules means you are stupid, and uneducated. "

Isn't it sad how fundamentalists believe everybody else is totally immoral and plain evil?

It's totally à propos of nothing and I can only wonder if a big discussion about gay marriage is going on among the Mormons.

?

From what I see in the Mormon/exMo/NOM boards I lurk on, there's a few big discussions happening in and around the COJCOLDS at the moment and same sex marriage is one of them.

I think NieNie is hinting towards big families in her testimonial. I think overall, NieNie is stupid and it has nothing to do with the fact that she married young and had a family. She has bragged in the past about not watching R rated movies and she ranted after the Miley Cyrus VMA performance. But I don't think those things make her good. I'm not an angel either and I've done and said some shitty things which I own up to.

But with NieNie, she has said and done shit that she doesn't realize is shitty. She made fun of a man who had to wear a neck brace and she revealed his real name on her blog because he was involved in some kind of construction at BYU. She has mentioned several times in the past few years how Jane who was only 4 or 5 when the crash happened "rejected" her. Last year, her kids had some kind of lizard that they treated like crap. Don't forget how she cheered about her son pushing a classmate who said that NieNie looked funny. I get that Nie's son wanted to defended her, but pushing the classmate wasn't the answer and I think the classmate probably wasn't being malicious. Add in the comments about Italians in New Jersey and the Catholic bashing that has gone on.

Archived