IGNORED

Fundie Video Cringe-Fest

ladyamylynn

I thought it would be fun to post some of the funniest, most cringe-inducing fundie videos in a thread. Even if you think it might have been posted before, there are probably lots of new (and not-so-new) members who haven't seen them yet. It will provide some good laughs and stress-relief over the coming holidays. My contribution: "Captain" Brett's Golden Rule of Dating.

youtube.com/watch?v=y4AVQi1qg4c

Add your submission if you feel so inclined!

I thought it would be fun to post some of the funniest, most cringe-inducing fundie videos in a thread. Even if you think it might have been posted before, there are probably lots of new (and not-so-new) members who haven't seen them yet. It will provide some good laughs and stress-relief over the coming holidays. My contribution: "Captain" Brett's Golden Rule of Dating.

yes, this is very bad. Lots of filler, and stupid things... dirty cars, dirty windows, welding on a tire (dangerous practice, btw) and what, this kids just plopped down in his family and his church after 16 years and hadn't heard the news from his mother and minister that he wasn't allowed to date, someone would pick a spouse for him?

Where to start? There's so many stupid fundy videos. The Institute for Creation Research had some of the worst ones though, propaganda of the finest order which would be sidesplittingly hilarious if it weren't supposed to be used as indoctrination on kids. Even movies. Has anyone seen any of the 'Marty' videos? They might take the cake for worst fundy propaganda, about this stupid guy who follows a stupid 'evolutionist' professor's orders to try to sabotage a 'creationist' professor's efforts to 'prove' creation. Naturally the stupid guy (marty) converts to Christianity after one conversation with the creationist. Also there's a bunch of 'cute' kids along on what's supposed to be an archeological dig to find dinosaurs. Or something. Sadly there's no youtube video I could find.

Submitted for your approval, Carman's "Witch's Invitation":

Oh man, Carman! I remember the controversy at our fundie church about whether Carman was too worldly or not. :lol:

Where to start? There's so many stupid fundy videos. The Institute for Creation Research had some of the worst ones though, propaganda of the finest order which would be sidesplittingly hilarious if it weren't supposed to be used as indoctrination on kids. Even movies. Has anyone seen any of the 'Marty' videos? They might take the cake for worst fundy propaganda, about this stupid guy who follows a stupid 'evolutionist' professor's orders to try to sabotage a 'creationist' professor's efforts to 'prove' creation. Naturally the stupid guy (marty) converts to Christianity after one conversation with the creationist. Also there's a bunch of 'cute' kids along on what's supposed to be an archeological dig to find dinosaurs. Or something. Sadly there's no youtube video I could find.

'Marty's Fossil Adventure' and 'Marty and the Last Dinosaur'! Those things were hilariously bad, but we wore out our tapes watching them over and over again. I can still quote large portions of them. If I remember correctly, Marty converts to creationism and gets saved in the first one after talking to the creationist, and then he teams up with the creationist in the second one while the evolutionist professor takes over the sabotage efforts. Then after they find a real live dinosaur deep in the Congo (but of course their camera gets wet, so no pics as proof *whomp whomp*) the professor ALSO converts, pays the creationist the $1 million bet they made back in the first movie, and leaves his university job to go help prove creationism full time. And yes, except for Marty, the creationist's entire team for both the dig and the trek into the Congo consists of only kids.

Did you ever watch the Creation Adventure Team series from AiG, starring Buddy Davis? Those were pretty cringe worthy as well. I present a condensed version of one of them I found on youtube for those who haven't had the pleasure:

I couldn't make it through the whole Carman video it was so bad.

ETA: I was disappointed to hear that my sister-in-law who I thought was Wiccan now goes to church. My husband undoubtably influenced her to do so. I just want to say to her that she was born OK the first time.

"Next time think twice before you rumble with a man of God." :lol:

I remember hearing about Carman and how he was not godly at all but I have never actually seen anything of his. Is it all like this?

I wish I could find it again,but there is one of (I think the Maxwells?) family where they get all excited about looking down a septic tank.The girls are wearing frumpers when they do it as well.I thought wow,it is so apparent these ppl really don't have a life!

• 5 weeks later...

'Marty's Fossil Adventure' and 'Marty and the Last Dinosaur'! Those things were hilariously bad, but we wore out our tapes watching them over and over again. I can still quote large portions of them. If I remember correctly, Marty converts to creationism and gets saved in the first one after talking to the creationist, and then he teams up with the creationist in the second one while the evolutionist professor takes over the sabotage efforts. Then after they find a real live dinosaur deep in the Congo (but of course their camera gets wet, so no pics as proof *whomp whomp*) the professor ALSO converts, pays the creationist the $1 million bet they made back in the first movie, and leaves his university job to go help prove creationism full time. And yes, except for Marty, the creationist's entire team for both the dig and the trek into the Congo consists of only kids.

Did you ever watch the Creation Adventure Team series from AiG, starring Buddy Davis? Those were pretty cringe worthy as well. I present a condensed version of one of them I found on youtube for those who haven't had the pleasure:

*groan* Yes that's the one. And there was one part where the kid's let go of Marty's rock climbing rope thingy because they heard an ice cream cart coming. In the middle of the dig site.

I haven't seen that particular episode, but my dad has a few of these. My brother and I were too old by the time they came along, though, so I was never subjected to them.

I wish I could find it again,but there is one of (I think the Maxwells?) family where they get all excited about looking down a septic tank.The girls are wearing frumpers when they do it as well.I thought wow,it is so apparent these ppl really don't have a life!

I searched 'maxwell family septic tank' & accidentally watched them singing :ew: . Luckily this came up in the sidebar

mWnm9q5PXWg. I really like the bluegrass harmony stuff the Bates do.

Wow, that was a thing of beauty! The witch's name was Isaac Horowitz?! :lol: Wth? And there was a very homoerotic moment when their faces were close and Carman kept saying things like "rod" "serpent" and "shaft"' lol

"Next time think twice before you rumble with a man of God." :lol:

I remember hearing about Carman and how he was not godly at all but I have never actually seen anything of his. Is it all like this?

Wow. I have so many questions.

What exactly is this video attempting to prepare its audience for? Is it common for young Christians to find themselves in an "Are You Afraid of the Dark" episode?

And what's with the male witch's name? Is it supposed to be an allegory about Judaism? Seemed pretty obviously chosen and it was mentioned twice when he didn't really have to have a name at all. If most people were trying to pick a stereotypically scary name they'd go with something like "Damian Hades" or "Rathbone Betelgeuse."

I also love how the witch is male even though the term and image is overwhelmingly associated with women. Cause you know, even in the dark arts, women must submit.

Golden Rule of Dating.

youtube.com/watch?v=y4AVQi1qg4c (...) Submitted for your approval, Carman's "Witch's Invitation":

:pink-shock: ... what is this, I can´t even ... the awful acting in the first one and the clearly coke-induced 80s electropop and storyline in the 2nd ...:cracking-up:

Dääämn, this two badboys are in serious need of a appointment with RiffTrax, FAST!

No Fundie videos, but they clearly stole their style from this 1950s gems:

and

(riffed versions for your entertainment :mrgreen: )

Because I'm now obsessed with Carman, his sing/speak ministry, and his mid-90s suits, here's another gem:

Wait until you get to the chorus.

I searched 'maxwell family septic tank' & accidentally watched them singing :ew: . Luckily this came up in the sidebar

mWnm9q5PXWg. I really like the bluegrass harmony stuff the Bates do.

I couldn't find the Maxwell septic vid,but I think it had something to do with this problem here: http://blog.titus2.com/2011/04/11/minots-conference/

if anyone can find it on youtube,pls do post.it's hilarious.

Because I'm now obsessed with Carman, his sing/speak ministry, and his mid-90s suits, here's another gem:

Wait until you get to the chorus.

Was he wearing white lip gloss? His lips seem really white.

Wow, that was amazing. All the 80's music and his sports coat and perm, and that invitation had some nice design to it! Why is it called "Witch Invitation" though if it's actually a warlock?

I am most definitely going to amuse myself with watching more of this Carman...

Wow. I have so many questions.

What exactly is this video attempting to prepare its audience for? Is it common for young Christians to find themselves in an "Are You Afraid of the Dark" episode?

And what's with the male witch's name? Is it supposed to be an allegory about Judaism? Seemed pretty obviously chosen and it was mentioned twice when he didn't really have to have a name at all. If most people were trying to pick a stereotypically scary name they'd go with something like "Damian Hades" or "Rathbone Betelgeuse."

I also love how the witch is male even though the term and image is overwhelmingly associated with women. Cause you know, even in the dark arts, women must submit.

There was a Pagan author named Issac Bonewits, who was active in the community at about the time of that video, it seems close. But does seem rather odd to have such a specific name used. Makes you wonder.

Wow, Cap'n Bret is some actor! The next Orson Welles. Thanks for the giggle. :lol:

Archived