IGNORED

Dateable Girls Shut Up/Justin Lookadoo MERGE

happy atheist

I am glad this made it here.

Did anyone else watch the videos on his website? I made it through the first two before giving up out of rage. He mocks gay men, calls them "pansies" and does a terribly offensive impression of them. He also mocks ADHD in a really rehearsed speech that he seems to have intended to seem off the cuff.

all in all, he is a douche. i think its great those kids and their parents spoke up about lookadouche

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Dateable girl let’s [sic] God run the world, and tells herself the truth–that all she can control is herself. She doesn’t imagine things to be more than they are.

If we'd followed this advice 2 million years ago we'd still be living in caves but maybe that's exactly what he meant!

Guy is getting bashed hard on his Facebook page, too. Yikes. After this he will probably never set foot in a real school again and will just stick to lecturing small groups of homeskooled kids.

facebook.com/#!/JustinLookadooFanPage

Of course he's a turd, but my bigger concern is the school officials.

WHY are all these PUBLIC schools paying him to speak?

Are their test scores so perfect that they don't need the class time? Do they have so much money in their budgets that they can spend it on a turd? Do these teachers and administrators have a firm grasp of the First Amendment, and do they realize that pushing religious messages at public school students is unconstitutional?

Does anyone bother to research and vet speakers before they are invited? What on earth would convince anyone that a guy who blames girls for being a tease and says "poop on that" to the idea that some people are born gay can in any way speak about bullying? Why on earth would a public school be concerned with giving dating advice?

Basically, the problem is bigger than this one turd.

This is what I was thinking! I'm trying to remember speakers we had in high school, and they were all special interest career-related topics (like "my life as a political journalist" or "how to find your artistic style"), for which attendance was voluntary, or very broad, relevant topics like "how to deal with the transition out of high school". The idea that a public school might pay a guy money to a) offer dating advice and b) offer demeaning, sexist, homophobic dating advice is just mind-boggling to me.

Good on the students for realizing how ridiculous it was, though.

Girls, he said, were their own worst enemies.

“The reason it’s so hard for you to succeed these days is not because of guys,†he said, “You’re doing it to yourselves.â€

Guys, he said, need to be manly.

“Somewhere between the modern church and the feminist movement, guys turned into pansies,†he said. “Stand up and be a man! Do something with your life!â€

So, if girls can't get a date, it's the girl's fault. If guys can't get a date it's also the girl's fault. Fabulous :roll:

Well, at least those students are restoring my faith in the next generation.

From their twitter handles, it looks like even guys and Christians had enough of this douche. That is legitimately fabulous :)

THAT'S why I'm single! I have opinions while female! I will immediately shut up and make a sandwich.

I'm confused - I MUST be female because I made a sandwich barefoot, but I ate it myself.

For the record, I'm an undateable girl, but I "have it figured out" as a guy (according to the quiz). Yet I have boobs and a boyfriend. Where does this leave me?

**Of all the douchery presented by this guy, his most grievous offense has got to be those frosted tips. Attention, ass clown! If you want to pretend to be an awesomely cool teen (to the extreme!), make at least a TOKEN EFFORT not to rock a hairstyle from the nineties. Just saying.

This is what I was thinking! I'm trying to remember speakers we had in high school, and they were all special interest career-related topics (like "my life as a political journalist" or "how to find your artistic style"), for which attendance was voluntary, or very broad, relevant topics like "how to deal with the transition out of high school". The idea that a public school might pay a guy money to a) offer dating advice and b) offer demeaning, sexist, homophobic dating advice is just mind-boggling to me.

Good on the students for realizing how ridiculous it was, though.

My high school brought in motivational speakers for mandatory assemblies once or twice a year. The worst one was a guy who brought on two people to speak about how they were addicted to crack, but they were proud that they had been clean for a whole 9 days. The whole thing seemed really inappropriate, and I think the principal got on the PA system to apologize for it the next day. They also brought in a famous soccer player who went to my school, and he was a terrible public speaker. One of the things he said was, and I quote verbatim, "Yeah . . . setting goals and stuff."

Oh yawn, another patriarse who thinks women are remotely interested in his opinions. I'm glad to be undateable in his eyes because I wouldn't want someone like him fancying me!

One of the schools I worked at brought a competitor from the "World's Strongest Man" competition who told the kids that steroids were awesome.

He challenged them to "nominate" the strongest student in school to try something with him. They nominated a girl. He made fun of her then she beat him in his little challenge. Because she was a national champion power lifter.

I know a guy who travels around showing kids pictures of places he has visited and thinks he is inspiring them to dream and the only "dream" he believes is valid is traveling. He thinks he is the only source of motivation and imagination in the lives of children that spend a couple of hours in a gym or auditorium listening to him talk about himself. He is now officially a non-profit for this endeavor and schools pay around $3000 plus expenses for a two hour assembly.

Bottom line: schools waste a lot of money on a lot of stupid speakers. Probably not a bad racket to get into if you lack the ethics to think that school time should not be wasted.

Of course he's a turd, but my bigger concern is the school officials.

WHY are all these PUBLIC schools paying him to speak?

Are their test scores so perfect that they don't need the class time? Do they have so much money in their budgets that they can spend it on a turd? Do these teachers and administrators have a firm grasp of the First Amendment, and do they realize that pushing religious messages at public school students is unconstitutional?

Does anyone bother to research and vet speakers before they are invited? What on earth would convince anyone that a guy who blames girls for being a tease and says "poop on that" to the idea that some people are born gay can in any way speak about bullying? Why on earth would a public school be concerned with giving dating advice?

Basically, the problem is bigger than this one turd.

Exactly!

At first I was hoping he stuck primarily to Texas, or the south maybe, but nope. Saw two recent photos from Michigan schools on his facebook page. Really, Michigan? That's what you're spending my tax dollars on? Can I "opt out" like the whiners who complain about giving women "free" birth control?

One of the schools I worked at brought a competitor from the "World's Strongest Man" competition who told the kids that steroids were awesome.

He challenged them to "nominate" the strongest student in school to try something with him. They nominated a girl. He made fun of her then she beat him in his little challenge. Because she was a national champion power lifter.

I know a guy who travels around showing kids pictures of places he has visited and thinks he is inspiring them to dream and the only "dream" he believes is valid is traveling. He thinks he is the only source of motivation and imagination in the lives of children that spend a couple of hours in a gym or auditorium listening to him talk about himself. He is now officially a non-profit for this endeavor and schools pay around $3000 plus expenses for a two hour assembly.

Bottom line: schools waste a lot of money on a lot of stupid speakers. Probably not a bad racket to get into if you lack the ethics to think that school time should not be wasted.

Those are comedy gold :clap:

We didn't really have them at our school, except there was once this one guy who had gone to our school and gone on to front a band who turned out to be one-hit wonders. I don't remember much about it except we all thought the guy was a fanny.

These students seem to have had much the same reaction to Mr Lookadoo, so all seems to be well with their intelligence (though not with his).

Not only is he a patriarchal ass, but he used to organize a "pray away the gay" camp in association with Exodus International.

Justin Lookadouche needs to go find Dougie and start their own patriarchal ass speaking circuit. Both love looking like clowns and are tools.

I know there's at least one person who does pro-abstinence presentations in public schools in my area(don't know if she involved religion or not).

A direct quotation from Lookadouche's speech, from Aisleen Menezes, one of the students who attended the event:

"There are some major differences between girls and guys. You see, when I get elevated in life, when I start getting better places in life, I'm going to tell all my boys how to get up here...Girls, you start getting elevated in life, you start getting better in life, you spend the rest of your life trying to kick every other girl down."

I want to find this guy and kick him in his non-existent nuts. This is a flat-out lie. There are legions of men who will stab their competitors in the back, and legions of women who nurture and mentor their sisters who are on their way up.

I'd really, really like to learn the details of this guy's romantic career. I'm guessing it pretty much doesn't exist.

Here's his public fan page. It doesn't come across as very . . . professional.

facebook.com/JustinLookadooFanPage?ref=br_tf

Dropped my gum in the toilet. It was a new piece. Had to go after it head first. Victory is sweet!

I found the blog post of one of the students at the assembly. Interesting read on the presentation itself.

notblackandwhitethoughts.blogspot.com/2013/11/justin-lookadoo-and-maybe-lookadouche.html?m=1

I would like to think this guy will have a hard time finding work again, but I imagine he will just end up catering more to churches and Christian schools going forward, where his dickish message will be welcome.

Here's his public fan page. It doesn't come across as very . . . professional.

facebook.com/JustinLookadooFanPage?ref=br_tf

Ew, no, the 5 second rule only applies to non sticky food dropped on a reasonably clean floor. Not dropped in the toilet.

I bet he is the sort of person who gives teenagers talks on how they wouldn't want to eat a chocolate bar someone else had licked, and how that is like virginity because if you aren't a virgin your genitals are irredeemably dirty and nobody else would ever want to sleep with you. (Even though sex does not make you dirty, you wash your genitals in the bath/shower, and there is no difference between a virgin and a non virgin other than the hymen, which most people break doing something nonsexual anyway).

And yet he eats gum he dropped in the toilet.

Ew, no, the 5 second rule only applies to non sticky food dropped on a reasonably clean floor. Not dropped in the toilet.

I bet he is the sort of person who gives teenagers talks on how they wouldn't want to eat a chocolate bar someone else had licked, and how that is like virginity because if you aren't a virgin your genitals are irredeemably dirty and nobody else would ever want to sleep with you. (Even though sex does not make you dirty, you wash your genitals in the bath/shower, and there is no difference between a virgin and a non virgin other than the hymen, which most people break doing something nonsexual anyway).

And yet he eats gum he dropped in the toilet.

Maybe in fundie speak that means he's into glory holes.

Justin Lookadouche almost seems like a parody you'd read about in the Onion, but we all know fundie/right wing pundits, motivational speakers and "experts" by now, and to be one of these all you need is a pulse. And in Lookadouche's case, the stupidest hairstyle since Ryan Cabrera.

300x300.jpg

Or maybe Lookadouche's hairstyle was inspired by this fine fellow:

13773d1287039968-pin-head-costume-pinhead2.jpg

I bet Lori Alexander and SSM think Lookadouche is just adorable.

And I'm going to leave this right here...

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs ... bout_r.php

OMG. The first hairdo, my hair would SO DO THAT. SO DO THAT. If I let it. And it would be curly.

Apparently his hairstyle is specially put on for his public speaking events. If this is true, that's actually even worse.

Oh, God. I visited his FB page and it seems he's not only married but in the process of adopting a child.

Yeah, it was a HUGE misstep on the PTA's part to allow him to come speak. But you should be proud of the way the students reacted- it seems that many of them were rolling their eyes through the entire presentation. I'm originally from Texas, too, and honestly I was a bit surprised to see so many students calling out that guy's misogynistic statements.

Archived