IGNORED

Grateful kitchen floor sweeping!

OkToBeTakei

There are certain things in our home that seem to re-occur all the time - or not *chuckle* - unless I help improve a child's character in that area.

That's just weird and nasty.

Kids become more responsible etc all on their own, unless their development's thwarted in some way. You know, it's almost like we've evolved to grow up into functioning adults so we can look after the next generation.

I always wonder about the boy as well; he is absolutely tiny for a 10yr old... (coming from a mom, who has 2 skinny little boys of her own).

My daughter has 2 daughters. Her 9 y.o. is 5' 4", 130 lbs, she's way off the top of the growth chart.She is a competitive swimmer who usually gets challenged by at least one official at each swim meet wondering if she's in the right age group. Her 3 y.o. is very tiny and petite, is way below the bottom of the growth chart. Same parents, both eat like horses, just totally different growth patterns. It happens.

As for Erica, I'm glad my mother was just the opposite of her.

Erika creeps me out, her life is just so scheduled and sterile. They live in such a tiny house that is so spotlessly clean with not a hint of personality, even the kids bedrooms. You cant tell anything about them by looking at it-no walls painted in their favourite colours, pictures or posters on the wall, toys left out on the floor. Then there's the schedule. The kids spend every day following this schedule which has a lot of chores but little time for play-and why does anyone who does not work or take the kids to school in the morning need to get up so early. Maybe in the future one of her kids can court one of Steve's grandkids, they are a family who might actually meet their standards.

The more I read of this blog the sadder I become. Her house is so small - even by fundie standards it's teeny-weeny. Her spelling and grammar have numerous mistakes, which really wouldn't matter except for the fact that she's homeschooling. She's happy with the fact that she is the 'manager' of her home and isn't ashamed of saying that the oldest girls (14, 13, 7) do all the cleaning while their brothers do more 'boyish' chores. Of the 3 hours her older daughters get to do school each day, they are also expected to help out their siblings then. I mean, I get that re-teaching something you already learned can be helpful, especially if you just learned it or learned it in the last year, but continually teaching your siblings how to read/write/add year after year? That's not helpful, that's a hindrance to their education. Poor kids! WA homeschooling laws must be pretty lax............

Archived