IGNORED

Women in the workforce to blame for ADD, kids making bombs

NotALoserLikeYou

talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/panel-led-by-nv-gop-chair-questions-women-s-role-in-workforce

ralstonreports.com/blog/mad-men-northern-gop#.UnVI-hDZWPv

In a panel led by Nevada GOP Chairman Tom Taber, conservative publisher Len Semas questioned the role of women in the workplace, according to Ralston Reports.

Semas said that he felt that women leaving the role of nurturer may have attributed to societal problems like attention deficit disorder.

"The reality is there is a special role that women take on, biologically, as the bearers of children and the nurturers of children," Semas said Thursday morning, as quoted by Ralston. "I don't know that we haven't created problems in society by ignoring that important role. ADD and various learning disabilities, hyperactive kids, kids building bombs in their garage."

Barnhill, who is going to school at UNR, lamented the “moral decline†and how “the career seems to be more important†to women who “throw a child in day care.â€

And this from a male voice I could not identify: “The mother is more nurturing. A man can’t be nurturing.â€

One of the men then talked about a scene that horrifies him on a regular basis when he is out to dinner and sees a young couple: “Invariably the young girl reaches for the check and pays the bill.â€

This has to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Are these people really this dimwitted or are they just trying to get attention? I have 4 siblings. Between all of us, we have 13 children. Only one of those children has ADD. Anyone want to guess what his mother does for a living? That's right, she's a stay at home mom. Has been since before he was born. Meanwhile, the rest of the children have two working parents and none of them have ADD or ADHD. Perhaps these idiots should do a little research on ADD/ADHD. It might make them look a little less ridiculous.

I think this is less about women working outside the home and more about men loosing their status and control in society. Suddenly, white guys are the be all end all anymore and it's bruised their fragile egos. I can't believe some idiot would be "horrified" at seeing a woman pay for dinner. That guy needs some serious help. :cray-cray:

Um yes. My mother worked two jobs while I was growing up and I joined the Bader-Meinhof group in second grade. :angry-banghead:

My parents are still married and still together. My mum didn't start work until I was seven. I have huge difficulties with my attention span and have done for my entire life.

Also not seeing the connection between bombs and ADD/ADHD and parenting. Eh?

I will say, as a mom with a kid with severe ADHD, that I really, really wish I would have been able tobe a stay at home mom. I don't think being a working mom in any way increases the risk of ADHD, but I do think having a stay at home parent helps to minimize the impact. I don't care if its the mom or dad.

If my Google search is correct, this guy has a degree in business. Making him highly qualified to postulate on the causes of ADD, of course.

Archived