IGNORED

Really? 5 other families have a "Triumph"?

MamaJunebug

My brain just did a fizz-pop: the list of the least popular baby names over the past few years is out, and includes those names given to 5 or fewer newborn boys and girls.

The thing is: Triumph is not on the list! Nor is Geneva, nor Knox. Well, with Brangelina's youngest son named Knox, that's not too surprising, I guess. And most of the oddball names in the VF/NCFIC/gooberhead camp tend to be middle names (like Verity or Cromwell).

And Providence Phillips is in his teens, but it would still be interesting to see if there were more than 5 Pro's the year he was born and named.

Oh, right, the link: http://living.msn.com/family-parenting/ ... rt-toppers

You have to scroll all the way down to see those names recorded for 5 or fewer children in the given year.

MJB, granddaughter of 2 Berthas, thankyouverymuch

I don't think Geneva is that unusual a name ? I've heard it often , from my own childhood,my kids, and now their kids there always seem to be one or two Geneva's around.

If I'm reading that right, it actually doesn't include the names given to fewer than 5 babies. I guess 5 is where they start counting names.

I was surprised to see a few names on those modern lists, like Anthea, Bette, and Frederica, that I'd consider fairly normal names.

I put "Geneva" in the same category as "Virginia," "Georgia," or "Brooklyn" even. Never going to be super-common, but not in the eyebrow-raising category either. "Madison" totally caught on about 20 years ago if I remember correctly, and is now considered completely mainstream.

I'm thinking that BBC Sherlock will probably turn "Anthea" around a little... maybe? Technically it's been out for a while now, so maybe not. Carry on!

OMG, I so hope Lunette does not catch on. That's the brand name for a type of menstrual cup!

However, I will admit that I legitimately sort of like Poe as a boy's name.

:lol: It was really interesting how some of the extremely rare names from over 100 years ago are hugely popular now. If the Internet existed in 1890 I'm sure people would have been snarking about the freaks who name their kid Tyler or Natalie

I don't think Geneva is that unusual a name ? I've heard it often , from my own childhood,my kids, and now their kids there always seem to be one or two Geneva's around.

I had a Geneva in one of my classes last year. I also know an Iona (isn't that Scott Brown's other granddaughter's name?)

By the way, shouldn't either Kelly or Blair or Monica Brown have had another kid by now -or is there something amiss on the Brown/Bradrick family compound?

I had a Geneva in one of my classes last year. I also know an Iona (isn't that Scott Brown's other granddaughter's name?)

By the way, shouldn't either Kelly or Blair or Monica Brown have had another kid by now -or is there something amiss on the Brown/Bradrick family compound?

Iona is a traditional Scots name. Verity is an old English name.

Providence though is a right gobful :lol:

I too thought everybody was buying old classic cars :lol:

I know a girl name Providence. I think she is about 7 years old...

Being a bitch, I once went onto Dougie's FB page, where there was a really nice close-up pic of his young son Providence in a hooded purplish-colored parka, and commented, "Isn't she adorable!" Truth be told, other posters mistook the blue-eyed, rosy-cheeked child for a

girl.

By the way, shouldn't either Kelly or Blair or Monica Brown have had another kid by now -or is there something amiss on the Brown/Bradrick family compound?[/quote]

They're so damn secretive now compared to the way they used to be, ever since their "European adventure."

MJB, granddaughter of 2 Berthas, thankyouverymuch

I too had a grandmother named Bertha. The other was Exilda. DH had a Melvina (like Melvin, but for a girl). Such excellent names!

Monica had a baby girl in August and Blair looked very pregnant in photos(or a video?) that were posted on Scott Brown's blog.

Being a bitch, I once went onto Dougie's FB page, where there was a really nice close-up pic of his young son Providence in a hooded purplish-colored parka, and commented, "Isn't she adorable!" Truth be told, other posters mistook the blue-eyed, rosy-cheeked child for a

girl.

He named a boy Providence?

argh....

He named a boy Providence?

argh....

Yes. And the comments assuming Providence was a girl were scrubbed immediately.

Doesn't Doug Phillips is a Tool also have a son named Honor? If you're going to use that as a child's name, it seems like a girl name to me.

That was hilarious. I was literally cackling and rubbing my hands together with glee.

Archived