IGNORED

The Pearls, domestic discipline and the bedroom

AnnoDomini

I've been wondering for a while (and some of you may have noticed a post or two touching on this): how would fundy pro-spanking advocates respond to parents who like to spank/be spanked in the bedroom as part of their sex play, and thus these hypothetical parents felt uncomfortable spanking their children?

It wouldn't go over at all. My thoughts on spanking in the bedroom are this: safe, sane, consensual. If two adults enjoy it, wonderful, enjoy it. Most people I know who are like that, would NEVER, EVER spank their children.

Mine too. Heck sometimes I think there's only one reason I might wanna get married, and it wouldn't be for the sex part...

But really. Parents go 'hey Pearls, we love a bit of spanking in our sex play. We do not feel right spanking our children in light of this. What are your thoughts?' what do you think they'd say?

Shamelss buming, I know. But Im really interested in what people have to say. I"d LOVE to see the Pearls deal with a question like this.

Well hierarchy wise it's probably okay for the husband to spank the wife, since he holds rank. but no wife spanking the hubby.

Although, I've seen fundie mommy bloggers talk about their husbands swatting them (in reference to as teasing/foreplay rather than as an actual punishment) so I guess it is okay.

Horrible but I suspect true. The Pearls have massive power and control issues as we know. I think they wouldn't see the difference about children and grown adults. They would enjoy both.

It would reinforce submissiveness... Who's such a naughty helpmeet? whack Why did you cut your hair? Whack

But I don't mean in a domestic discipline way, just a fun way, separate from the submission nonsense. Do you think they would think it was right to do something to your kids that's arousing when you and your spouse do it? Or that since spanking the kids is non-negotiable, that you're not allowed to be aroused by it and not allowed to do it with your spouse?

No. As some people have mentioned here, there's a rape-y quality to the 'narrative' of abuse Pearl tells. Getting off on it wouldn't matter.

Ewwww. Some of the methods/ideas I'm ok with, but that attitude of 'everything the kid does is wrong and sinful until you train him out of it by breaking him', is CREEPY and disturbing.

I'm alright with calmly spanking (or the idea of it--don't think I could do it since I'm one of the aforementioned spankos in the bedroom) but I would NOT try to break my child's spirit or spank until they stop crying or spank for crying or spank for not waiting for permission when they don't even know they need permission or spank for giving in to the temptation I deliberately put in front of them or most of that nonsense.

I"ve been reading the christian domestic discipline site and BOY is it.... Um. :shock: For one thing, it indicates distinctly misogynistic attitudes--and I'm one of the LAST people to see misogyny. Read this: christiandomesticdiscipline.com/originsotk.html

• 2 weeks later...

I swear, when I get married I'm gonna, er, indulge my kink and then write to the Pearls about it and telling them how I simply cannot spank my children because of it.

I've been wondering for a while (and some of you may have noticed a post or two touching on this): how would fundy pro-spanking advocates respond to parents who like to spank/be spanked in the bedroom as part of their sex play, and thus these hypothetical parents felt uncomfortable spanking their children?

While I wouldn't call myself a 'spanko', I do like a little slap on the ass now and then. I do not believe in hitting children for discipline, ever.

Guest Anonymous
I swear, when I get married I'm gonna, er, indulge my kink and then write to the Pearls about it and telling them how I simply cannot spank my children because of it.

Just do it now! I wanna see the responses. :twisted:

I would, but how would I do that? Their NGJ website says they will only respond for extreme emergencies like life-threatening things. (Like I'demail THEM about something life-threatening.)

I"ve been reading the christian domestic discipline site and BOY is it.... Um. :shock: For one thing, it indicates distinctly misogynistic attitudes--and I'm one of the LAST people to see misogyny. Read this: christiandomesticdiscipline.com/originsotk.html

What a freaky website. That "Sir Don" who writes it is obviously a sadist or a dom or both; but combined with his misogyny and using God to justify his methods with all power being in the man's hands (no safe words or way out), he is pretty scary.

Add him to the list of Men Who Hate Women. (which, by the way, is the real title of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, though the publishers didn't like it and changed it and the author was too dead to protest.)

Archived