IGNORED

Taking a wide stance - for art!

Marian the Librarian

From Western Conservatory's FB page:

facebook.com/westernconservatory

(Can't seen to embed Vimeo clips, but go to the FB page, it is worth the trip.)

In which Geoff Botkin (aka Rasputin with a paintbrush), speaking at Dougie's San Antonio International Christian Film Festival, assumes a wide stance, imitates artists, and expounds on "The Worldview of the Creative Mind." The message? Uncontrolled emotional spontaneity is a bad, bad thing.

Mania, anyone? The crazy, it is strong in this one...

From Western Conservatory's FB page:

facebook.com/westernconservatory

(Can't seen to embed Vimeo clips, but go to the FB page, it is worth the trip.)

In which Geoff Botkin (aka Rasputin with a paintbrush), speaking at Dougie's San Antonio International Christian Film Festival, assumes a wide stance, imitates artists, and expounds on "The Worldview of the Creative Mind." The message? Uncontrolled emotional spontaneity is a bad, bad thing.

Mania, anyone? The crazy, it is strong in this one...

I watched the 4.5 minutes, and saw nothing-- he made up stories about people he'd seen, so he could mock them. He displayed his disdain and lack of understanding for modern art, and -- 4 and a half minutes in, he seemed to still be in "introduction to my presentation" mode--no meat. But I suspect the mocking of those unlike himself and projecting what they were thinking as if he knew, and the mocking of "modern" art is exactly what his audience loves.

[...] Uncontrolled emotional spontaneity is a bad, bad thing. [...]

Uncontrolled emotional spontaneity is quite fun. I can't imagine life without it. : (

Does Vision Forum just attract tools, or does it actually create them? Chicken or egg?

Once again, a VF douche talking head attempts to convince an audience of his intellectual, artistic and social superiority, but just comes off as a pompous windbag.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that they hate art. We already know that they hate nature, polar bears, treating women like people, and generally anything that is good and decent.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that they hate art. We already know that they hate nature, polar bears, treating women like people, and generally anything that is good and decent.

I bet they hate kittens as well.

Weellll, silly me - I didn't do adequate research. Of course they didn't just post the video clip for the snarkworthiness of it - they're pushing another product!!

"The Worldview of the Creative Mind," presented by Geoffrey Botkin:

How should Christians understand and interpret art? Which attitudes of artistic expression are right, and which are wrong? How can we tell the difference between the objectively good and the objectively bad? How should the Christian artist evaluate his own contribution to the arts, and examine his own worldview as a creator? In this eye-opening lecture, Geoffrey Botkin illustrates, through live painting and music demonstrations, the seven dominant attitudes of the creative mind. You will never look at art the same way again.

They're getting almost as desperate as the Maxwells...

Here's an idea - how 'bout we lock Geoff and Kidist in the same room, and watch what happens? I'd buy a ticket to that!

westernconservatory.com/products/worldview-creative-mind-geoffrey-botkin

Art is whatever I decide I feel like doing when I start slapping paint on canvas paper. :roll: Geoff can take his artistic "worldview" and shove off.

Doug Phillips is a tool.

I used to think the Botkins just held the rest of us in disdain - now I'd certainly use the word "contempt."

Did anyone else chuckle at how Geoff caught himself before he admitted to having spend a lot to copy the Sargent painting? He said, "These [contemptuous] poseurs had spent a great deal of .... they had gone to a lot of trouble to take the [copy-a-Sargent] course."

It's time for me to review a copy of "She shall be called woman" I found at a great price, NOT from the WC*. You'll be amazed but not surprised at the attitude the Botkins one and all take toward anybody who isn't .... them.

*WC=Western Conservatory in this case, tho' the coincidental similarities are appropriate & amusing.

Isn't most of what these people do (from this rant to Dougies little shows to the whole Daughter weirdness) just performance art anyway? For cash (and I am always amazed they seem to be doing so well financially.... when they seem to be selling the most amazing twaddle).

"The Worldview of the Creative Mind," presented by Geoffrey Botkin:

How should Christians understand and interpret art? Which attitudes of artistic expression are right, and which are wrong? How can we tell the difference between the objectively good and the objectively bad? How should the Christian artist evaluate his own contribution to the arts, and examine his own worldview as a creator? In this eye-opening lecture, Geoffrey Botkin illustrates, through live painting and music demonstrations, the seven dominant attitudes of the creative mind. You will never look at art the same way again.

Because God forbid I live some part of my life without guidance from Doug Phillips is a tool. When will they release a Christian guide to commenting on the weather? To eating cake?

I'm surprised someone who enjoys fancy Victorian cosplays and playing search and rescue is so averse to artistic expression.

Because God forbid I live some part of my life without guidance from Doug Phillips is a tool. When will they release a Christian guide to commenting on the weather? To eating cake?

I'm surprised someone who enjoys fancy Victorian cosplays and playing search and rescue is so averse to artistic expression.

The bolded gave me a severe case of the giggles.

I'm sure Doug Phillips (who is a tool) would be delighted to expound at considerable length about cake, as well as the china it is presented on, the table linens, the floral centerpiece and the most fetching, but manly, outfit to wear while eating said cake.

I get the impression that Doug (Phillips who is a tool)'s artistic tastes involve Victorian and Edwardian attire, cozy family scenes with the male standing over his wife and children, and a sweeping view of the moors and bracken off in the distance. There may be kilts involved. Or jaunty nautical hats. Or uniforms (preferably Confederate).

No doubt VF is working on a new conference, with spin-off books and videos, with Doug Phillips (who is a tool) taking dominion over the arts. He's already conquered film, after all...

I used to think the Botkins just held the rest of us in disdain - now I'd certainly use the word "contempt."

Did anyone else chuckle at how Geoff caught himself before he admitted to having spend a lot to copy the Sargent painting? He said, "These [contemptuous] poseurs had spent a great deal of .... they had gone to a lot of trouble to take the [copy-a-Sargent] course."

It's time for me to review a copy of "She shall be called woman" I found at a great price, NOT from the WC*. You'll be amazed but not surprised at the attitude the Botkins one and all take toward anybody who isn't .... them.

*WC=Western Conservatory in this case, tho' the coincidental similarities are appropriate & amusing.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived