IGNORED

Is this a load of bollocks? String Theory Misunderstood

snarktastic

Found this on Pinterest, courtesy of creationsafaris.com.

As far as I can tell, it's gobbledegook. However, I stopped studying science at the age of 15 so I'd be interested in opinions which are more educated than my own, if any science-y FJ-ers want to give it a look over :D -

When scientists and religious figures stop trying to disprove each other, they will find many universal threads which tie them to common ground. String theory ties theoretical physics to intelligent design by applying quantum consciousness to quantum mechanics within realms of the probability theory, creating limitless possibilities and infinite fields of potentiality within the confines of forever. Arguably, nothing could theoretically become everything within the endless spectrum of eternity.

It's gobbledygook. String theory says nothing about quantum consciousness (whatever that is), and as yet it makes no predictions whatsoever. It's a theoretical deadend, and basically mental masturbation, as much as Sheldon Cooper would say otherwise.

Basically that paragraph was written by someone that read brief descriptions of scientific concepts, assumed he understood those concepts and made up a lot of nonsense.

Ok, here's my uneducated opinion.

When scientists and religious figures stop trying to disprove each other, they will find many universal threads which tie them to common ground. Sure they will! Educated, moderate religious people worldwide have absolutely no problem with science. Fundies on the other hand -

String theory ties theoretical physics to intelligent design by applying quantum consciousness to quantum mechanics within realms of the probability theory, creating limitless possibilities and infinite fields of potentiality within the confines of forever. Is this just gobbledegook? I know that string theory is something to do with how matter is organised. Intelligent design is a theory about the origin of life that isn't supported by the available evidence. I've heard of the theory of infinite possible universes, but how that ties in with the rest of the sentence beats me.

Arguably, nothing could theoretically become everything within the endless spectrum of eternity. Well I guess you can argue anything, so this bit stacks up.

If this does make some kind of sense, I'd be genuinely interested in knowing :D

It's complete nonsense. Many, if not most scientists are religious. Many of them see the study of science as exploring gods creation (God, now I sound like sister Mary Agnes back from biology class).

Strangely enough, you read a good deal of similar 'magical thinking' when looking much of the 'new age' writings that are out there.

Archived