IGNORED

Republican Lawmaker Represents God, Not American Voters

rward

http://www.salon.com/2013/08/29/arkansa ... stituents/

(salon link, they don't care)

State Sen. Jason Rapert, the man behind Arkansas’ ban on abortion at twelve weeks, may have been elected to office to serve the 85,000 constituents in his district, but, he says, he only really serves God.

“It’s more important to do what is right by God,†Rapert told an audience at the Faith2Action banquet in Columbus, Ohio, “than it is to please those that would rather have me talk about pro-life but not really do much about pro-life.â€

“There’s only one vote that matters and that’s when I stand before the Lord at the judgment seat,†he added, just in case it wasn’t clear.

He went on to remark that the men and women who protested Texas’ sweeping new abortion restrictions at the state Capitol are basically demons from hell. “I’ve never had a glimpse of Hell or heard a real demon,†he said, “but I believe that must be what they sound like. It’s spiritual warfare.â€

There's so much wrong with this, I can only sputter "First Amendment"! :angry-banghead:

What a delusional asshole. His old Twitter wallpaper cut his name off so that it read "Senator Rape". Also, Smuggar Duggar is a fanboy.

There is something very, very wrong here. If I was a non-Christian living in his district I would sue to have my own Representative. This country is not yet a theocracy, though sometimes it looks like it is on its way.

“I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires.â€

Susan B. Anthony

In other words he is just going to vote how he wants to and use God as a cloak not to care about the people who voted for him.

http://www.salon.com/2013/08/29/arkansas_lawmaker_says_he_serves_god_not_his_constituents/

(salon link, they don't care)

There's so much wrong with this, I can only sputter "First Amendment"! :angry-banghead:

Akins (the Missouri candidate and former congressman who introduced us all to "real rape" last election cycle) says that politics is his ministry. I learned that the daughter of a family member who is a politician says that is why her father is in politics. He had never let that particular cat out of the bag, but I tend to believe it.

To me, there is nothing more dangerous that a politician who is on a mission from God.

Then maybe he should stop putting himself forward for democratic elections and wait for the high priest to come anoint him with holy oil.

Am I dreaming? Wasn't there a thread on this yesterday? I can't find it using search.

To me, there is nothing more dangerous that a politician who is on a mission from God.

The only ones allowed to go on a mission from god are The Blues Brothers, and that's because they were doing it for The Penguin and the orphans.

I have relatives who are staunch card carrying uberconservative republicans, and they are deeply troubled by the direction so much of the republican party is headed. My own father was shocked and disgusted by the whole such comments as 'legitimate rape'. I see a schism in the party coming in the next few years. We're seeing the beginnings of it now.

If God wants a vote, he can come down and once and for all tell us all what laws to make.

Until then, he swore an oath, almost certainly on the Bible, to not act like this. So he may think that abortion is that important, but frankly, if I were in his shoes I'd be very concerned about God's opinion of hypocrites and oathbreakers.

(And he isn't getting off scot-free if he's one of those who doesn't believe in making vows. Affirming to uphold the constitution and all that and then not doing so is still acting in bad faith.)

The only ones allowed to go on a mission from god are The Blues Brothers, and that's because they were doing it for The Penguin and the orphans.

I have relatives who are staunch card carrying uberconservative republicans, and they are deeply troubled by the direction so much of the republican party is headed. My own father was shocked and disgusted by the whole such comments as 'legitimate rape'. I see a schism in the party coming in the next few years. We're seeing the beginnings of it now.

Not to pry, but I am curious. My friends who are troubled by the party don't seem willing to vote outside the party or speak against the craziness. Are your relatives willing to take action or is it all just talk? From my point of view, card carrying republicans are not going to ever step away from it, nutcases or not, because the Democrats are liberal, ebil, communists.

Archived