IGNORED

13 year-old sex abuse victim labelled "predatory"

moodygirl86

WTF suspended and not on the reg right so he will do this again and think he will get away with it most are arrogant in their thinking this.

What of the girl the victim in all of this is she being helped I'll bet not. Sadly this isn't new either in the UK.

Horrifying. And these cases (rightly so) become so publicized that victims who read it may assume they will face the same treatment if they dare to report. :(

Unfortunately, that's par for the course in criminal trials. The victim is consistently a horrific, disgusting person that basically invited an attack upon them. It's revolting, really.

Horrifying. And these cases (rightly so) become so publicized that victims who read it may assume they will face the same treatment if they dare to report. :(

Unfortunately, they probably will face the same (or similar) treatment, as there are still plenty of folks out there who think that "Lolita" was the story of a pre-pubescent seductress and her middle-aged victim, that the meme lives on.

It's possible that the child was, in a way, "egging him on." A classic hallmark of a previously abused child is precocious sexual acting out. A real man with wisdom and integrity would recognize this childish attempt to gain affection, attention, or control, as the red flag of a severely damaged child, and would not take advantage. I'd give this jerk double time in the pen for perpetuating the abuse if I were king.

It's possible that the child was, in a way, "egging him on." A classic hallmark of a previously abused child is precocious sexual acting out. A real man with wisdom and integrity would recognize this childish attempt to gain affection, attention, or control, as the red flag of a severely damaged child, and would not take advantage. I'd give this jerk double time in the pen for perpetuating the abuse if I were king.

Exactly. Even if she was egging him on, she was 13, unable to consent to sex and it was his responsibility to walk away.

Archived