IGNORED

"Tabloid" - Documentary About Joyce McKinney

happy atheist

This documentary is streaming on Netflix if you want to check it out.

It's about a woman named Joyce McKinney who is absolutely nuts. She allegedly has an IQ of 163. She is a former beauty queen, and in the 1970s did a lot of bondage modeling. She fell madly in love with a mormon guy. He went to England for his mission. She hired a body guard and a pilot, and went to England. She kidnapped him, took him to a remote cottage, shackled him to the bed, and spent the weekend raping him. In her mind this was their honeymoon. She talks gleefully about burning his mormon underwear.

She was arrested for kidnapping (and other things), was released on bail, fled back to the US in disguise.

Eventually she wound up paying a Korean doctor $150,0000 to clone her pit bull, Booger.

It's a very entertaining and disturbing film. Has anyone else seen it?

Going to add this to my list right now. I am strangely fascinated by Mormons (especially the Mormon underwear for some sick reason) ever since one of the girls in my dorm in freshman year met a guy and converted for him to get married in the temple. She was disappointingly close mouthed on what exactly the underwear looked like.

I remember reading about the story of Booger and some of the other stuff in the post, but had no idea it was the same woman. What an...interesting life she's led. Will have to look this up.

I just looked this woman up. What a doozy of a case. Magic underwear and kidnapping. Yikes.

She's a happy participant in the documentary, beyond pleased to be interviewed about all of this.

I was crusing the googles, looking at the Mormon undies. An ex member has a website that has pictures of what they wear.

I stopped at a board for a bit. Turns out women have to wear their bras outside their garmet. I'm guessing they don't wear underwear under their underwear. Although long underwear is worn over the underwear. They must go "commando" under their magic underwear. :lol:

I find it disturbing that it seems a lot of coverage of the story treats it like wacky entertainment. I hope Kirk Anderson doesn't spare much thought to the idiocy. I feel like he should be the one who sets the tone, not the laughing tabloid-writers and the attention-hungry perp. (OJ wasn't allowed to benefit monetarily from writing his ghastly book, and I guess this woman likes attention as much as he wanted the money, so it makes me feel gross that she can "benefit" from her crime in the same way.)

I doubt she'll ever finish her book, and if she does I doubt she'd find a publisher. The excerpts she read were trite and awful, and she's not famous enough for that to not matter.

I do feel sorry for Kirk. I don't think anyone took his ordeal seriously. Can't really blame him for not participating in the film.

Archived