IGNORED

An interview with Raquel!1!

merrily

Tell us a little bit about yourself.

I’m the daughter to two wonderful parents, second-oldest child of seven children, a friend to many…and most importantly, a daughter of God. :) (You can find out more about me on my About Me page on my blog…)

What are your hobbies?

I have quite a few…but I think my favorites are writing, reading, crocheting, horse-back riding, hanging out with friends, and blogging :)

When did you get saved?

September 2001…9/11 had a great impact on my receiving the LORD as my Savior. It got me thinking about where I would go, if I had died in one of the Twin Towers.

What is your favorite Bible verse and why?

Well, goodness, I can’t pick just one! :D haha But one of my favorites is Psalm 37:4-6. It has spoken to me in my areas of my life…and encouraged and blessed me to know that no matter what happens in life, the LORD should always be my main focus.

Who is your #1 inspiration?

My Mama. :) And I also have some close friends and ladies who I really, really respect and look up to.

What is your favorite thing about God?

That He is always there…and never changing.

What is your view on purity, modesty, and courtship?

Oh, goodness…I could take up two whole pages writing on this subject! :) I would suggest that you check out articles that I’ve written on my blog about these subjects. They’d be the easiest way to direct you to my views. But, all in all…I think purity and modesty are huge Biblical standards that I think everyone should set in their life. Courtship – it’s different with different people. Do what you feel convicted to. Not what other people say is ‘courting’.

What do you think about guys and girls being friends?

I think it’s an amazing and natural part of life. I’ve written quite a few posts on my blog about guy/girl friend relationships. God has blessed me with some amazing guy friends. Seriously, I don’t know what I’d do without them.

Are you waiting to kiss until marriage? Why or why not?

Most definitely! I just feel that that’s what the LORD wants me to do. And from what I’ve heard from those who have waited (and are now married)…waiting for that first kiss was one of the most beautiful things they ever did.

When you go through trials, is there a certain Bible verse or attribute of God that encourages you?

I have a few certain verses that I recite to myself under different circumstances. Does that make sense?

For example…

When I’m feeling anxious or scared: John 14:27

When I’m feeling depressed (which is rare) or sad: Jeremiah 29:11-12

When I’m feeling like I need some encouragement and direction in life: Psalm 37:4-6

When I’m feeling excited and happy…and truly realize how blessed I am in life: 1 Samuel 2:1-2

I would encourage each of you to look up those verses. They are very dear to my heart and I hope they bless you too.

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Ever since I was about 3 years old, I knew that the LORD wanted me to get married and have lots of little ones. ;)

Through my pre-teen years, I prayed for direction to know what to do before I get married.

And at the moment…the LORD has shown me that He just wants me to be me. A daughter…and sister…and friend…and I pray that I am an encouragement to others in all those areas in life. Because the only goal I have in life, is to bring glory to God. When I die, if I have not accomplished that, I will not have accomplished anything.

What is your goal for your blog?

I began it as an encouragement for young Christian girls out there (like me). For them to know that they’re not alone in this world. That there are other teenage girls out there…who have the same struggles…who have the same interests…who love the LORD…etc.

And of course, it’s my little internet outlet for me to share fun, random stuff ;) heehee

Do you have any advice for girls on friends, life, and faith?

Friends…take a lot of work. Just like any relationship in life, friendships are hard, beautiful, crazy, painful, and amazing all at the same time. Just because you and your friend have a little spat, doesn’t mean that it’s the end of your friendship. Work through your differences, and you will find that on the other side of this little river, your friendship is stronger than ever.

Life…you cannot live without God. God created life. He understands it better than you do. Leave your life in His hands…give Him the pen (because, let’s be honest…He already has it…you just keep trying to grab it away from Him)…and He will draw a life for you that you would never have even possibly fathomed.

Faith…is an essential part of life. Without it, you.will.fail. So I suggest you find Someone to have faith in. And if it’s your little statue of buddha, a picture of the virgin Mary or that little spirit that people call allah…then, I’m sorry, but your life isn’t going to go anywhere amazing. Not trying to be mean or anything, but John 14:6, Jesus says: ‘…I am the way, the truth and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.’ That pretty much sums everything up. :)

Talia, thanks so much for featuring me here on your blog!! I pray that my interview was a blessing and encouragement. :) To anyone reading this, please feel free to stop by my blog and leave me a note in my Guestbook. I would love to hear from you. :) I will be checking back on this interview to see comments too. :)

Many blessings on each and every one of you!

::hugs::

girlzofgodbook.blogspot.de/2012/02/girlz-like-you-interviews-miss-raquel-d.html

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny how this was done at during the time she was sexting three different guys and yet she is still going on about how purity is this huge thing in her life. So when she was three she decided she wanted to get married and have tons of babies and this hasn't changed at all. Most people grow out of their preschool ideas about life, but she never has.

Funny how this was done at during the time she was sexting three different guys and yet she is still going on about how purity is this huge thing in her life. So when she was three she decided she wanted to get married and have tons of babies and this hasn't changed at all. Most people grow out of their preschool ideas about life, but she never has.

Miss Raquel was sexting? Damn, I missed this.

She wrote about it on her blog. She started sexting guys at 16 because she wanted to get married at 18 and have a kid by 19.

SQUEEE!!!I!I! to the interview.

I find it difficult to believe that Miss Raquel ever sexted, or even has a real concept of what that is. Her notion of "sexting" is probably something like "I went to the store and tried on some new bras" or "I saw rabbits mating out in the yard".

when I was 5 I told anyone who would listen that I wanted to grow up to be a veterinarian and a cashier at Tops (grocery store). Had no concept of job prestige. I have never been a cashier at a grocery store, and am not a veterinarian (but in the medical field).

Her last response about faith is just plain offensive. Why cant people refer to God by different names? When talking about Allah, they are referring to one singular god, just like hers.

By the time I was Raquel's age, I had already had lots of boyfriends. I got over my cute and cuddly concept of marriage by then, and learned that men can be a bitch. Relationships can be a bitch, too. If you've got no experience and you're expecting something wonderful, you may be woefully wrong, depending on who you choose to be with and how you act.

She is in for one hell of a shock when she gets out into the real world, where people arent going to adore her just for existing.

She is in for one hell of a shock when she gets out into the real world, where people arent going to adore her just for existing.

Unless, of course, she never does. I don't think she ever expects to be in the "real world". None of her jobs have lasted more than a few days, from what I've seen.

I like how she listed horseback riding as one of her top 5 hobbies. Didn't she finally get rid of her poor neglected horse because she didn't ride him enough or take proper care of him?

I don't think she does plan to ever have to experience the "real world". Probably her ask.fm is the closest she has ever gotten to dealing with people not adoring her.

She likes horseback riding, not keeping the horse "God" gave her alive. That was hard work and the horse refused to gush over her for providing him with water.

Hey, her purity is intact as she is still saving her first kiss for her wedding.

Hey, her purity is intact as she is still saving her first kiss for her wedding.

God's other loophole. Do everything but kiss and you are still "pure".

Unless, of course, she never does. I don't think she ever expects to be in the "real world". None of her jobs have lasted more than a few days, from what I've seen.

I like how she listed horseback riding as one of her top 5 hobbies. Didn't she finally get rid of her poor neglected horse because she didn't ride him enough or take proper care of him?

I wonder why she quit her jobs (or got fired for being just that terrible).

Im guessing she got bored of it once she realised that her boss actually expected her to work hard and didnt give her a ton of praise for just doing the bare minimum. Someone told her what to do and she didnt like that and whined endlessly. Her coworkers thought she was an annoying brat and hated having to supervise her every second to make sure she was working hard and not doing too bad of a job. She had to work with and serve heathens and got in trouble when she tried to convert them, and she didnt get away with being such a bigot, or being bad at her job just because she is cute.

I don't think she does plan to ever have to experience the "real world". Probably her ask.fm is the closest she has ever gotten to dealing with people not adoring her.

She likes horseback riding, not keeping the horse "God" gave her alive. That was hard work and the horse refused to gush over her for providing him with water.

Aren't people supposed to be thankful of gifts from God and not give them away if they don't suit their needs? How does Raquel figure she can get rid of her god-gifted, unwanted horse, but Suzie down the block can't abort her unwanted child?

Aren't people supposed to be thankful of gifts from God and not give them away if they don't suit their needs? How does Raquel figure she can get rid of her god-gifted, unwanted horse, but Suzie down the block can't abort her unwanted child?

God loves her more than he loves anyone else.

So she was saved at the age of 6? Because she was so impacted by the events of 9/11 when she was 6 and it made her think what would happen to her if she died when she was in the 1st grade? And at the age 3, with little knowledge of what a career even is, she only wanted to be a wife and mother and that was what the Lord had called her do when she was barely out of diapers...sure I believe all that...and I just saw a moose dancing in the snow outside my window.

eta-deleted a line on accident

girlzofgodbook.blogspot.de/2012/02/girlz-like-you-interviews-miss-raquel-d.html

What a pretentious, condescending, closed-minded little twit she is!!

Totally, "you better have faith in something, but it better be what I think it should be, or you'll never be cool like me." That's the very definition of judgmental, Miss Raquel, I thought Jesus had a few things to say on whether mortals should do that?

I guess she didn't write her own questions but, "What's your favorite thing about God?" WTF? Shouldn't that be like asking someone, "What's your favourite thing about the universe?" Erm, well, it created and sustains me AND EVERYTHING I CAN CONCEIVE OF, so, that's... pretty awesome?

It's easy to be sure of yourself when you have lead a small life empty of experiences or education. If you have no true knowledge of any other cultures, religions or groups then your own it is very easy to assume they are all godless, ignorant heathens.

She wrote about it on her blog. She started sexting guys at 16 because she wanted to get married at 18 and have a kid by 19.

Where's the link when you need one!? I searched for 'sexting' on her blog and got no results.

I was so upset when I read that. I was thinking, "Wow! She's a fundie who's telling people that it's cool to find comfort in their religon! That's so amazi - wait." :pull-hair:

"that little spirit that people call allah"

Allah is the Arabic word for "God." Arabic Christians refer to the monotheistic God as Allah because...they speak Arabic.

I did some research about Knight, because it's been bugging me, but no real results. I'm not a horse expert, and I don't want to play one on the Internet, still, I would LOVE to know what idiots sold an inexperienced teenager a two year old gelding. There's a video that's now gone from YouTube of Raquel riding him just before his birthday (April 23rd, according to his Facebook) where they refer to him as a three year old. The day she got him, in November 2011, she said he was two, so five months later she's riding a not quite three year old. For those whose knowledge of horses is less than mine, this is a mostly untrained, not quite grown horse. This is like if Miss Raquel had bought a three year old human.

She says she paid a dollar for the horse and a blogger/real life friend Jenna, another 16 year old, was somehow responsible for the rest of it (vague: Raquel's busy giving the credit to supernatural forces), suggesting that Jenna transferred ownership to Raquel, or somehow provided the rest of the money. The horse didn't come from this Jenna, though. Another of Miss Raquel's "besties," Leilani the horse photographer, hooked her up with the horse. Jenna's blog is wheretheheartremains.blogspot.com, where you can see that these are still morons who ride bare footed and headed, and seem to keep their horses in paddocks full of crap they can get tangled in, but, such is horse ownership among fundies.

Knight is supposedly a "purebred" Arabian gelding bay. I wish I knew more about confirmation to determine if it's possible he has papers or if he's a product of backyard breeding, but the photos are so bad I can't even tell if he's got an Arabian dish face or not. Some photos it looks like it, others, I just don't have the knowledge. I can't understand why the horse didn't go back to Jenna or back to the original owners and instead was sold (sold a horse she bought for a dollar?!) to a Miss Raquel clone, Rhia, who you can read about at moretothislife33.blogspot.com. People who breed Arabians, even half Arabians, tend to register their horses and are proud of the animal's heritage. Many reputable breeders and sellers regardless of breed want to enter into agreements where they get to keep tabs on their horse. Poor horse.

Faith…is an essential part of life. Without it, you.will.fail. So I suggest you find Someone to have faith in. And if it’s your little statue of buddha, a picture of the virgin Mary or that little spirit that people call allah…then, I’m sorry, but your life isn’t going to go anywhere amazing.

I wonder what counts as amazing to Raquel.

There are Buddhists, Catholics and Muslims (as well as Jews, Atheists, Pagans...) who are doctors, surgeons, firefighters, police officers and save lives. They are soldiers, fighting for our country. They are scientists, making important discoveries. They are billionaires running huge companies. They have done incredible works of good-raising millions for charity, saving lives, doing really good deeds. They are geniuses, athletes, artists, inventors....

And then theres Raquel. She is ignorant, immature and uneducated. She cant keep a real job. She cant even take care of a horse properly. She has not made one positive contribution to society.

At this point, she is below most other people her age. Most other people her age are either in college or working while she sits around doing nothing other than taking pictures of herself doing stupid poses and being smug.

She is life's failure, not everyone else.

Archived