IGNORED

Why The Mona Lisa Is Valuable.

debrand

When you choose to be immodest, you sacrifice the respect of men in order to receive their attention. But the woman who exudes modesty in her life has an amazing way of commanding respect. Women show more value when they hold their bodies as sacred. Men can not help but be awed by a respectfully dressed woman.

To prove that men respect modestly dressed women, the writer uses a crappy analogy

Here's an example. Leonardo Da Vinci's painting, The Mona Lisa, is one of the most famous and expensive pieces of art in the world. But its value is preserved by the security that is used to keep it safe. If its owner didn't heavily guard it, he wouldn't have it for very long. So the most modern, high tech security system is used so that no one can steal it. Of course, there are plenty of thieves in the world who despise this security system. If it weren't for the security, they could take it for themselves. So even though thieves hate the fact that Mona Lisa is safe from their prying hands, the world holds the painting in high esteem because of it.

With this in mind, let’s take a look at modesty. As a woman, you clearly have something that is very valuable. However, you can easily dress in a provocative way that is pleasing to men and lose your value. You are no longer carefully guarded like the Mona Lisa. Instead, you are more like a poster that anyone can get a hold of

First of all, the Mona Lisa is guarded because it is valuable. The number of guards does not determine its value. Second, women are not inanimate objects. I am more than my vagina. Believe it or not, I have a brain and feelings that should be respected. And even if I run around naked, it does not mean that anyone has a right to 'get a hold of' me.

inallpurity.com/2010/02/modesty-like-mona-lisa.html

The problem with this analogy is that people can see the Mona Lisa, but must come to terms with the fact that they can't touch it unless they are given permission. So it's actually more like a woman who dresses immodestly, and those who are attracted to her are free to look, but must remember that permission to look doesn't guarantee permission to do anything else.

It's also weird to me that's written as if some random dude owns the painting not the government / people of France.

Good old Benjamin Simon! His dorkiness and repression stands out even in the homeschooled teenage boy crowd. I wonder how heartbroken he secretly is that Anna's no longer a maiden?

Based on what I've seen of SOTDRT, I'm shocked he knows what the Mona Lisa is.

And yes, his analogy blows. Everything on this planet has value because we have deemed they have value. Diamonds have no value other than we've deemed them to be expensive and rare. Yet they really aren't that rare. So, I would argue that most women in the fundy movement have no value because their men folk don't value them. There, that's another bad analogy.

Personally after seeing it up close, I thought it was pretty over rated. I was much more impressed by the Venus de Milo on the stair landing. She's an impressive lady even if her heart is made of stone.

And the Mona Lisa has been stolen, yet it doesn't carry its past status as a mark of shame.

Nor do we insist we cover it up, as its beauty is so irresistable and it is in mens nature to steal that which they like.

I could form my own Mona Lisa analogy. Like kissing somebody for the first time. You see it and think 'that's..... It....?' Not really that big of a deal after all.

Or my analogy, that the Mona Lisa may be I the outside, but underneath there is more to it.

Shit analogy of the day!

IF someone stole the Mona Lisa (again), would it REALLY be worth that much? What would that person do with it? It is one, if the THE, most recognizable pieces of art in the Western World. So the thief could have a black market auction and sell it to a private collector, who would then have to leave it hidden in a back room somewhere and never enjoy showing it to other people, which is, like 80% of the point of famous art. What would be the point? Wouldn't that make it, then, worthless?

Which is to say that it is NOTHING like an actual living breathing person.

And the Mona Lisa has been stolen, yet it doesn't carry its past status as a mark of shame.

Nor do we insist we cover it up, as its beauty is so irresistable and it is in mens nature to steal that which they like.

Yes LSLK, but was it a legitimate theft?

My name is Benjamin Simon. I am internationally recognized as an expert in the area of how guys see girls...

What the...? LOL. Just WHAT? :pink-shock: I can´t even... It´s too plain stupid. I just hope he´s not allowed to operate a vehicle or own armory.

Archived