IGNORED

Dinah Seppi's Betrothal

DomWackTroll

At least Old Man Seppi lets the girls go, but the boys seem to be having trouble finding wives.

melodys-notes.blogspot.com/2013/06/dustins-marriage-proposal-to-dinah-on.html

ETA some pics:

melodys-notes.blogspot.com/2013/06/dustin-purposed-dinah-said-yes.html

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to know what's in that Cup of the Covenant! And I've never heard of anyone signing a Betrothal Covenant in the last 100 years. Do other fundie's do this? From what I can tell, his family seems to be less fundie (see brother's wedding); does he know what he's getting into?

Dustin 'purposed?' Did they just spell proposed wrong, or is this something unique to the Seppis? This is the first time I've gone to their blog, so I'm clueless. :think:

Is "purposed" supposed to be a fundie-clever way of saying "proposed", or should I just sad panda that the Seppis can't even with the vocabulary?

Anyone else wonder how the bride-to-be could NOT have known what was up?

And, yes, what is in that cup? Looks like whatever is poured into that cup must be drained by the two betroth-ees in one gulp each.

At least Old Man Seppi lets the girls go, but the boys seem to be having trouble finding wives.

melodys-notes.blogspot.com/2013/06/dustins-marriage-proposal-to-dinah-on.html

ETA some pics:

melodys-notes.blogspot.com/2013/06/dustin-purposed-dinah-said-yes.html

That was a very weird proposal. And who proposes in the presence of their parents? It's a private event in my book.

Agreed, Old Man Seppi has proven himself able to loosen the wimmenfolk's shackles, which is more than can be said for some patriarchs. The sons, however, always struck me as the California-fundie-beekeeping equivalent of Lake Wobegon's Norwegian bachelor farmers.

zomg can't unsee the video. I had read the previous post prior to the posting of the video. Dinah has a distinct "Get to the point so I can accept already" vibe going on during the "purposal".

I have never seen this blog before. Why on earth is the older daughter married to a man who appears the same age as her FATHER with a step-daughter that appears nearly the same age as herself? Furthermore, why is it so horrible that the doctor told her to wait 18 months after a C-section if she wants a VBAC? Heaven forbid you care about the mother's health versus how many babies she can pop out for her sugar daddy there.

Creepy. From the betrothal contract, to the things I see on the blog in general, just an all around creepy family!

I've never seen this blog before today although the name sounded familiar, probably since they seem to be friends with other fundie royalty. It looks as though they've taken part in the San Antonio film fest with Vision Forum?

Anyway, Dinah's head covering caught my eye. It looks like she and younger sis wear them, but mom and older sister do not? Her "Head Coverings" explanation in the popular posts section was enlightening-forgive me if it's been discussed already on FJ.

So yeah, there's the Bible verse that proves why women should wear them, and the Rushdoony quotes, and the "it makes me feel set apart by God" laundry list. Then this:

It makes me unique, which I love. It says “I’m a Christian and not ashamed of it. Got a question?†I especially like wearing it in public. It identifies me as someone who has convictions. Searching people often ask questions. A homosexual asked me about why I believe in the God of scripture. Homosexuals especially love to wear the clothing of who they are. They want everybody to see what they are wearing and be reminded of their message. So do I.

I'd love to know what "homosexual uniform" she thinks all gay people wear?

Will she keep wearing the coverings after marriage, or do only unmarried women in her family wear them?

In his proposal did...did he really say that he wanted to be more Christ-like and therefore needed a wife? As in, "Hey, listen. I need a wife. You seem alright. You in?" Nothing about loving her or, hell, even LIKING her. Just that she's a good Christian woman who will help HIM achieve HIS goals. Just another possession being passed from one man to another.

Most unromantic proposal EVER.

I've never seen this blog before today although the name sounded familiar, probably since they seem to be friends with other fundie royalty. It looks as though they've taken part in the San Antonio film fest with Vision Forum?

Anyway, Dinah's head covering caught my eye. It looks like she and younger sis wear them, but mom and older sister do not? Her "Head Coverings" explanation in the popular posts section was enlightening-forgive me if it's been discussed already on FJ.

So yeah, there's the Bible verse that proves why women should wear them, and the Rushdoony quotes, and the "it makes me feel set apart by God" laundry list. Then this:

I'd love to know what "homosexual uniform" she thinks all gay people wear?

Will she keep wearing the coverings after marriage, or do only unmarried women in her family wear them?

Saturday's "homosexual uniform" is cotton shorts and an oversized tee shirt. Rushdoony was a moron....

In his proposal did...did he really say that he wanted to be more Christ-like and therefore needed a wife? As in, "Hey, listen. I need a wife. You seem alright. You in?" Nothing about loving her or, hell, even LIKING her. Just that she's a good Christian woman who will help HIM achieve HIS goals. Just another possession being passed from one man to another.

We need a thumbs down. What a jerk :angry-banghead:

Regina and Greg did the cup covenant cup too. Here is their engagement.

melodys-notes.blogspot.com/2012/01/christmas-marriage-proposal

Saturday's "homosexual uniform" is cotton shorts and an oversized tee shirt. Rushdoony was a moron....

Someone needs to explain this homosexual clothing to me. So much I didn't know about how teh gayz are trying to fill us with their homosessualness.

I thought Jesus/Christ wasn't married? How is getting married making him more Christ-like?

This set up is so creepy. What's with the cup and contract?

The cup sounds like a Loving Cup. These are often silver and two handled, and the bride and groom both drink from it - kind of a symbolic "sealing of the deal". Possibly an old Celtic tradition...can't recall :think:

I'm pretty sure these cups can be used by a larger group of ppl too, to celebrate agreements, pacts etc.

Edit: riffles :)

At least the Seppis advertise their vileness. All those pet fundies essentially believe the same but hide it behind pretty women, fashionable dresses, and craftiness.

I'd be pissed if Mr. Womb made a marriage proposal about him and God (nor would I be married to Mr. Womb, because I know how to use my "no"), but she does seem genuinely happy. Now go, cleave unto each other, and leave us the fuck alone.

I'm confused by the headcovering too, especially considering that there's that wedding picture where the bride's strapless. Also, it might be my Catholic southern European background, but I don't see the point of a solemn drink with no alcohol (I'm assuming it's not wine?)

Archived