IGNORED

What Happened To Shalom Pearl's Son?

debrand

.facebook.com/ShoshannaEasling

This is from Shoshanna Pearl's website(the youngest Pearl daughter) What happened to Shalom's son? Does anyone know if he is all right? There was nothing on No Greater Joy's site about their grandchild being in such dire condition

I tried to break up the text for easier reading.

Shoshanna (Pearl) Easling

November 8, 2012

Monday night Rolland (my nephew) started throwing up. Shalom (my sister) was up all night with him thinking it was the flu. Tuesday morning she noticed that after he throw up it did not make him feel any better. Normally after a baby throws up they are happy for awhile after. Tuesday afternoon his diaper had a jelly substance and blood in it. Without a second thought, they were in the car on the way to the doctor. The first doctor did X-rays and sent her on to Nashville to Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital. They took many more x-rays and ultrasounds and found out that he had a condition that 1 and 100 children get. It is where the small intestines fold up into the large intestines and his appendix was inflamed. Causing lots of inflammation and blocking the passage through his intestines.

They stuck a tube up his butt and filled his intestines with air. This cleared it up 70%, but his heart rate went so high they had to stop. This was a dangerous procedure and they kept a full surgeon team and a operating table right beside him just in case his intestines ruptured in the process. Two hours later, after Rolland stabilized, they tried it again. It did not work and at 12am Tuesday night they went in for surgery. They removed his appendix and were going to cut out the knotted intestines. That was another really scary thing because of all the dangers with bile and surgery. The doctors saw in mid operation that the intestinal section that they thought was dead, was still alive but just knotted tightly. They were able to untangle and untie without ever cutting them. PRASIE GOD!! The surgery went way better than expected.

He was on a respirator throughout the surgery and it made his throat really raw. Needless to say, he was in a lot of pain Tuesday night and all Wednesday. He has not been able to nurse since they came into the hospital. His intestines were already so inflamed that they would just be more aggravated trying to process food. His mouth has been so dry and he has desperately wanted to nurse. A few minutes ago(Thursday morning) the doctor came in and said Rolland’s intestines are finally awake! They are going to try giving him 1oz of “water†stuff to see if he can handle anything. If that works, than she might be able to nurse him by Friday morning.

We have seen and feel God answering prayers. Thank you for your love and support. It means so much to know there are so many praying. God has been good and we are blessed!!!

These people. :roll: God answered prayers because you had the common sense to get to Vanderbilt, where the professionals who were not homeschooled practice medicine. It was education that saved your nephew, not the fact you are so good at praying.

I'd lay money there are gay professionals somewhere in that hospital, as well as women who were not virgins on their wedding day. :hand:

Bowel intussusception?

Glad the family is not one of those "we don't need doctors because the LORD will heal us" types.

Shoshanna is not a good advertisement for Debi's homeschool, her writing is barely legible (not just in this example).

Poor bub, glad he seems to be ok. Extra glad that they didn't try to treat him with his auntie's herbs.

These people. :roll: God answered prayers because you had the common sense to get to Vanderbilt, where the professionals who were not homeschooled practice medicine. It was education that saved your nephew, not the fact you are so good at praying.

I'd lay money there are gay professionals somewhere in that hospital, as well as women who were not virgins on their wedding day. :hand:

Don't be so sure some of those professionals weren't homeschooled. I actually know a homeschooled girl who just finished up some of her medical training, and I think it was at that hospital.

Yes very glad they had sense to go to the Doctors. No child anywhere in the world should be denied medical care just because their parents thinks it wrong for whatever reason.

Don't be so sure some of those professionals weren't homeschooled. I actually know a homeschooled girl who just finished up some of her medical training, and I think it was at that hospital.

There's homeschool and there's SOTDRT, both considering homeschooling by law, but two vastly different things. You can bet none of those doctors that have worked to save Rolland graduated the SOTDRT homeschooling.

Also, wasn't the bowel thing what happened to Amy's daughter? I just hope the end won't be the same.

ETA: Emily had malrotation. I posted a link to the post about Emily for those who want to read it. If you have not read it, have tissues handy.

raisingarrows.net/2009/07/emilys-story/

Sounds like Intussusception. I had it at 2 and required surgery to correct it. I wasn't having problems with my appendix, but they removed that as well while they were in there.

Now I don't know if all cases are the same, but I am thinking that baby was in serious pain. When I had it, my mom said they told her it was akin to labor. She said I was in the fetal position screaming my head off. I just hope that that poor little fella wasn't being hit for screaming. If his mother has followed in her parents footsteps, she'd probably have assumed that he just exerting his "will". God I get sick thinking about what they might have done to that child.

The story happened in November so I hope that the baby is fine now. I checked for a Shalom Brand's site but the one I found didn't mention a sick baby. Most of my Christian friends are very quick to ask for prayers. I'm not criticising them, just pointing out how strange it is that the mom didn't mention her sick child but her sister did.

.facebook.com/ShoshannaEasling

Shoshanna apparently has two face book pages. The one that I put in the OP has links to her online herb businesses. The second one, like Shalom's, doesn't mention the baby. Only the page with links to her businesses mention him.

facebook.com/shalom.brand

The second Shoshanna Pearl Easling's site

.facebook.com/shoshsqush?fref=pb&hc_location=friends_tab

I wish that they had an update on the little guy.

Archived