IGNORED

Scouts accept QUILTBAG kids? Blame demons!

RachelB

According to Kevin Swanson at Generations Radio, demons are behind Boy Scouts of America's decision to allow uncloseted QUILTBAG scouts (though not scout leaders) to join the organization. Swanson believes the demons are trying to hasten the downfall of the United States.

The demons could not be reached for comment.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/s ... witterfeed

I must live in the wrong part of the world but to me the idea that there are adults who actually believe that demons are real is truly mind boggling. Especially in a country like the US where one would have to presume that the adults in question must have had some form of education at some point.

I wonder if they view Supernatural as a documentary...

As a scout parent I've been following the discussion quite closely since the policy change was originally discussed almost a year ago. To all of the people who are bemoaning the fact that the policy was changed STFU. I would have preferred the policy to be open to everyone no matter but I'm willing to accept a baby step at this point.

Demons, liberals, the "gay agenda/lifestyle" did not cause the BSA to change their policy. The fact that they are finally crawling out of the stone age and listening to the scout family as a whole caused them to change their policy. Scouts will not now have a (insert demeaning gay stereotype) badge now to become an Eagle Scout. And if parents stop making such a big fucking deal out of it the kids won't care!

This is a bit of a hot button with me at the moment.

Demons? That's a new one for me.

I did hear the issue being discussed on talk radio a day or two ago. They were discussing how this would affect camp. How is is going to work for gay and straight boys to share a cabin? How is it different from boys and girls sharing a cabin and would you let that happen? why is nobody talking about this issue? etc.

I don't know what the answer is, but I bet is is considerably less of of a big deal than they were making it out to be.

DEMONS!!! Sneaky little devils.

This won't effect much. There are already gay scouts and I doubt any children who know they are gay are going to make a big deal out of it. Just because they won't be kicked out doesn't mean everyone is going to be accepting of it so they will probably keep it to themselves like they do right now. Nothing changes.

Aren't plenty of scouts, like, pre-pubescent? You know, the age where kids tend to think sex is gross anyway? I could see some issues with the teenagers but really, all it's going to do is make the leaders keep a more watchful eye for shenanigans, which they should be doing anyway no matter what the gender makeup. Let's not pretend it hasn't been going on since Scouts existed.

Really puzzled by this whole issue. I had a homosexual friend in high school. He sat next to other boys at school without harrassing them. He went on school camps and shared a cabin with other boys without drama. Basically, he was a normal, civilized human being. He was bullied a lot by a small group of boys but that is not his fault - it's theirs. Why would you ban him from being in scouts?

This issue doesn't exist in Australia luckily. My daughter's Scout group is about half boys, half girls and I have no idea about the sexuality of any of them.

Really puzzled by this whole issue. I had a homosexual friend in high school. He sat next to other boys at school without harrassing them. He went on school camps and shared a cabin with other boys without drama. Basically, he was a normal, civilized human being. He was bullied a lot by a small group of boys but that is not his fault - it's theirs. Why would you ban him from being in scouts?

This issue doesn't exist in Australia luckily. My daughter's Scout group is about half boys, half girls and I have no idea about the sexuality of any of them.

I don't approve of banning anyone who wants to participate in Scouting.

Why would they ban him, or want to? I think many people are not good at risk assessment and tend to be suspicious and fearful of anyone who's atypical in some way. That suspicion and fear don't need to be accurate in order to be powerful. In fact, as his experience reflects, he's statistically much likelier to be bullied or gay-bashed by someone who's afraid of him than he is to harm someone who's afraid of him.

Archived